: Swapping Panels

frmg0014
04-07-13, 11:04 AM
I have a 2001 Catera and I am in the process of swapping my 2001 door panels with a one from a 98. I'm not really a fan of the 2001 facelift interior since they are coated with that rubber type paint that peels. Mine looks terrible and it's pretty much impossible to find one on ebay or the junkyard that is in better condition.

My question is for the front panels. The 2001 came with a control box in the front driver side which controls all windows, door locks, and side view mirrors. The 98 models on the other hand has the window controls in the center console beside the shifter. I will also be swapping my center console for this reason, but also the fact that I would rather have a center storage rather than cup holders. Does anyone here know if the 2001 has the same wiring harness as the 98 with the window switch plugs hidden under the center console? I'm thinking that I will need to do some rewiring from the front doors to the center console. :suspense:

kaustein
04-07-13, 12:26 PM
I believe there is aftermarket spray coating for the door handles. Real bad idea to begin with.