: Track age restrictions?

Cadzilla8
04-07-13, 10:14 AM
Hi I'm just wondering if there are any age restrictions to go to a track. Or is it different by every track. Going to be 17 next month and wondering when I can get on a track

Submariner409
04-07-13, 11:12 AM
Get online and Google the track of your choice. I'm 73.5 and can still run at Cecil County Dragway and the Friday afternoons at Dover. You should be able to run with the proper equipment - I was racing sports cars (Amateur class) at Marlboro at 16.5.

Cadzilla8
04-07-13, 11:14 AM
Well I receive a gift certificate to a track they supply a cts-v. Pretty sweet and extremely excited. I have their number ill call when they're open tomorrow. Thanks for the help sub

Submariner409
04-07-13, 11:24 AM
It's fun......... Once a year Ranger goes to a NASCAR drive day and runs around at 140 - I tried it at Dover and, because 5 vertebrae in my neck are fused together, I couldn't get into the car through the window, so no go. Bummer.

CadillacLuke24
04-07-13, 06:42 PM
It's fun......... Once a year Ranger goes to a NASCAR drive day and runs around at 140 - I tried it at Dover and, because 5 vertebrae in my neck are fused together, I couldn't get into the car through the window, so no go. Bummer.

That stinks dude! Don't they have some where they put regular car doors in, or is that just a showcar thing?

Ranger
04-07-13, 10:06 PM
Nope. They are regulation NASCAR sprint cup cars (probably retired) and I can vouch for the fact that getting in and out is not as easy as those guys make it look every Sunday.

To drive one you must be at least 18 and have a valid drivers license. If you are under 18 you can go for a ride-a-long with a professional driver for a lower price, but he'll take you faster than they will let you drive yourself.

Cadzilla8
04-07-13, 11:40 PM
Nope. They are regulation NASCAR sprint cup cars (probably retired) and I can vouch for the fact that getting in and out is not as easy as those guys make it look every Sunday.

To drive one you must be at least 18 and have a valid drivers license. If you are under 18 you can go for a ride-a-long with a professional driver for a lower price, but he'll take you faster than they will let you drive yourself.

Oh.. Well that sucks

----------

What should I do my parents got me gift certificate for a day at track in ctsv it expires at the end of this year and I won't be 18 till may 2014. (This is a normal track not a NASCAR event or anything) hopefully that will lenient because they gave it to a charity and my parents got it?

CadillacLuke24
04-07-13, 11:50 PM

Ok, makes sense. Do they have full spec 358s, or are the engines detuned a bit?

Ranger
04-08-13, 12:25 PM
Oh.. Well that sucks

----------

What should I do my parents got me gift certificate for a day at track in ctsv it expires at the end of this year and I won't be 18 till may 2014. (This is a normal track not a NASCAR event or anything) hopefully that will lenient because they gave it to a charity and my parents got it?
Call the track and ask what THEIR requirements are.

Ok, makes sense. Do they have full spec 358s, or are the engines detuned a bit?
Can't recall for sure, but 358 does sound familiar. Don't think it is detuned. They advertize it as 600 HP and it felt like it had them all under the hood when I drove it.

mackey
04-08-13, 02:02 PM
youre well over the min age to be on track. your parent will need to sign any waiver forms the provider requires

dkozloski
04-08-13, 02:21 PM
600HP in a Sprint Cup car is way below par. Current rumor is that non-restrictor plate engines are pushing 900HP. They are reaching over 200MPH on nearly all 1 1/2 mile tracks. If you are watching the races on-line using Raceview it is vey common to see RPMs well over 10,000. A Hendrick engine sells for $80,000 and up.

CadillacLuke24
04-08-13, 03:38 PM
600HP in a Sprint Cup car is way below par. Current rumor is that non-restrictor plate engines are pushing 900HP. They are reaching over 200MPH on nearly all 1 1/2 mile tracks. If you are watching the races on-line using Raceview it is vey common to see RPMs well over 10,000. A Hendrick engine sells for $80,000 and up.

Yeah the commentators said yesterday 850+.

Hendrick sells engines? :sneaky:

Ranger
04-08-13, 04:09 PM
:noidea:

dkozloski
04-09-13, 02:14 AM
Yeah the commentators said yesterday 850+.

Hendrick sells engines? :sneaky:They make about 600 engines a year and sell or lease. Almost all the parts are made in their own in-house shops. The heads and blocks come from GM as rough castings. Everything else is from scratch including cranks. They have ten engine dynamometers that run continuously. A set of Hendricks heads is about $14,000.

CadillacLuke24
04-09-13, 08:05 PM
Well, if I ever get the money, and I find one of Gordon's old cars for sale, I know what I'm doing