: Recurring Dashboard Messages (Help)

kadylac1
04-07-13, 03:49 AM
Every so often (when I start my 2008 Cadillac DTS) I get the following 3 messages on my dash: SERVICE BRAKE ASSIST, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL and SERVICE STABILITRAK. When I restart the vehicle, the messages go away and they'll re-appear a couple of weeks later. I'm wondering what's causing this and what the dealer would charge to check it out? Thanks members.

Superjim
04-07-13, 08:50 AM
Before taking it to the dealer...
Check the plugs on the back of each wheel hub.
There are 4 of them... one on each hub..
Unplug them and plug them back in.
If one of them is loose, it will cause all three of the messages you are talking about.

Also... If you have OnStar... push the button when the messages are "ON" and have them read the codes.
Post the codes here... and we will try to help you solve the problem...

kadylac1
04-07-13, 09:07 AM
@Superjim: I will definitely check the plugs behind each wheel hub and connect with OnStar the next time these messages appear. Thank you very much for responding and providing useful information.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-07-13, 02:47 PM
Every so often (when I start my 2008 Cadillac DTS) I get the following 3 messages on my dash: SERVICE BRAKE ASSIST, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL and SERVICE STABILITRAK. When I restart the vehicle, the messages go away and they'll re-appear a couple of weeks later. I'm wondering what's causing this and what the dealer would charge to check it out? Thanks members.

Hello kadylac1,
I am more then happy to assist you. I do recommend taking your vehicle into a dealership because they have the tools for proper diagnosis. I will have to call the dealership to find out their diagnosis fee. Do you currently have a dealership that you go to? If not, message back your zip code and I would be glad to locate the nearest dealer for you in order to answer this question for you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

kadylac1
04-07-13, 06:35 PM
Hello kadylac1,
I am more then happy to assist you. I do recommend taking your vehicle into a dealership because they have the tools for proper diagnosis. I will have to call the dealership to find out their diagnosis fee. Do you currently have a dealership that you go to? If not, message back your zip code and I would be glad to locate the nearest dealer for you in order to answer this question for you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Laura M.

@Cadillac Cust Svc: Thank you. My Cadillac dealership is "Marvin K. Brown" - 1441 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108, (877) 451-0612.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-08-13, 01:23 PM
@Cadillac Cust Svc: Thank you. My Cadillac dealership is "Marvin K. Brown" - 1441 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108, (877) 451-0612.

Hello kadylac1,

Thank you for the response back about your dealership information. I will be calling them to find out the diagnostic fee for you. Meanwhile, in order for me to further assist you, can you private message on this forum with your name, address, phone number, VIN# and current mileage. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-08-13, 04:42 PM

Hello kadylac1,

I was able to make contact with the dealership. The diagnosis fee would be $110. If you private message me your information that I asked in the previous reply back to you, I can continue to work with you to solve this issue. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Laura M.

kadylac1
04-08-13, 04:58 PM
Hello kadylac1,

I was able to make contact with the dealership. The diagnosis fee would be $110. If you private message me your information that I asked in the previous reply back to you, I can continue to work with you to solve this issue. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Laura M.

Thank you for the information on the diagnosis and have sent the information you requested.

Kenwood
11-12-13, 10:31 PM
Hi Kadylac1,
I just got the same message, what ended up being the solution?

Thanks,
Kenwood

jacklogan
11-13-13, 09:52 AM
I had that come up on my DIC two weeks ago.

2009 DTS,

ECBM unit was bad.

Dealer replaced under extended warranty.

Jack

Kenwood
11-13-13, 01:58 PM
Thanks Jack,
Can you tell me what ECBM stands for and the approximate cost of replacement?

Kenwood

hornduo
11-13-13, 03:15 PM
My car would throw false codes every few weeks too. They changed out half of the car trying to fix it. Ended up being a wire in a harness somewhere in the bowels of the car.
Anyway- it could be sending you all of those codes but none of those things are broken- don't go changing everything!

jacklogan
11-13-13, 04:30 PM
Electronic body control module

I don't know the cost as it was covered by my extended warranty.

sorry I can't help with the price--I would guess you could call Cadillac and see what the cost would be.

jack

Kenwood
11-13-13, 04:41 PM
Thanks again Jack. I thought they might list it on the work order and zero it out as paid by warranty. Glad it was resolved.

Kenwood

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-13-13, 05:08 PM
Thanks Jack,
Can you tell me what ECBM stands for and the approximate cost of replacement?

Kenwood
Hello Kenwood,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well. I would be more than happy to reach out to your dealership to see if I could get a quote on the repair. They may need to diagnose the issue first though. If you would like me to call and speak your dealership, please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like me to contact. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

jacklogan
11-13-13, 08:21 PM
Looked again

no figures nor part numbers

sorry

Kenwood
11-14-13, 01:43 PM
Thank you sir, much obliged.

----------

Gregory,
Thank you but I've had mixed experiences with dealerships in my area and I'm in search of a dealership that has a service department with a great customer satisfaction scores. What I'd really like is some information on customer satisfaction scores of the dealerships in my area. Can you assist with that?

Thank you.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-14-13, 02:43 PM
Thank you sir, much obliged.

----------

Gregory,
Thank you but I've had mixed experiences with dealerships in my area and I'm in search of a dealership that has a service department with a great customer satisfaction scores. What I'd really like is some information on customer satisfaction scores of the dealerships in my area. Can you assist with that?

Thank you.

Hello Kenwood,

I did some research and I apologize but I don’t have any information regarding customer satisfaction scores of our dealerships. I apologize that you have had mixed experiences with the dealerships in your area. If you do find a dealership you would like to work with, please feel free to reach out to me if you would like my assistance as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post. I will be on the lookout for your future updates.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

RippyPartsDept
11-14-13, 02:46 PM
EBCM does NOT stand for Electronic Body Control Module

EBCM DOES stand for Electronic Brake Control Module
(Sometimes called an EBTCM for Electronic Brake Traction Control Module)

jacklogan
11-14-13, 09:34 PM
sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad someone knows what I meant.

jack

RippyPartsDept
11-15-13, 04:04 PM
Hey no biggie... common misconception

jacklogan
11-15-13, 06:24 PM
thanks for letting me know!!

I appreciate it.