: Easily broke into my 2006 Escalade

Zicky67
04-07-13, 02:19 AM
Someone broke into my 2006 Escalade, and it seemed like it was pretty easy for them. They stuck maybe a screwdriver under the key area (Drivers side off course), and I guess moved the screwdriver around, and opened the door. At least that's what someone told me. Hard for me to believe that a company such as Cadillac would build such a lock that is so easy to get into, and I was wondering if there is a way I can prevent that from happening again, besides just getting a better alarm ?

/Users/Isaacjean/Desktop/photo.JPG

wesyder
04-07-13, 03:04 AM
Someone broke into my 2006 Escalade, and it seemed like it was pretty easy for them. They stuck maybe a screwdriver under the key area (Drivers side off course), and I guess moved the screwdriver around, and opened the door. At least that's what someone told me. Hard for me to believe that a company such as Cadillac would build such a lock that is so easy to get into, and I was wondering if there is a way I can prevent that from happening again, besides just getting a better alarm ?

/Users/Isaacjean/Desktop/photo.JPG

I know of 2 options 1-disconnect that rod, however if the battery dies you wont be able to get in either 2- on the doorlock actuator there are two plugs, one is the actuator power and the other is the alarm arm and disarm signal from the key switch, at least if this happens again it wont disable the factory alarm however either option still leads to door damage. Lets see what other input comes in

the cadillac man
04-07-13, 03:24 AM
I know of 2 options 1-disconnect that rod, however if the battery dies you wont be able to get in either 2- on the doorlock actuator there are two plugs, one is the actuator power and the other is the alarm arm and disarm signal from the key switch, at least if this happens again it wont disable the factory alarm however either option still leads to door damage. Lets see what other input comes in

I am going to agree on this but it could have been worse(eg stripped and gutted truck) look up the thread Black Friday sucks that is a site I think no one wants to see
But getting a good aftermarket alarm is a good choice due to proximity sensors and the like
I have thought of just replacing the front door handle trim panels with one for the rear doors to prevent something like this from happening

There is a thing that goes behind the door handle inside the door to reduce the possibility of this happening(I forget what it is called)

capriRS
04-07-13, 11:37 AM
I know your exact feeling! Atleast who ever did yours, knew how to do it correctly! The dumb@ss who broke in to mine molested the whole bottom side of the handle opening. Imagine what yours looks like but only starting at the front side of the handle and going all the way to where yours is! Thats what mine looks like now! Either way it suck!

the cadillac man
04-07-13, 12:25 PM
I know your exact feeling! Atleast who ever did yours, knew how to do it correctly! The dumb@ss who broke in to mine molested the whole bottom side of the handle opening. Imagine what yours looks like but only starting at the front side of the handle and going all the way to where yours is! Thats what mine looks like now! Either way it suck!

That does suck

capriRS
04-07-13, 02:28 PM
All for a purse in the passenger seat.. Didnt even have anything in the purse. it was a old empty one.

jnrsesv
04-07-13, 02:30 PM
This is one of a couple companies I researched when our drivers door was "screwdrivered" a year and a half ago. There are cheaper and more expensive versions.

http://www.trucksecurity.com/JJGM99detail.html

the cadillac man
04-07-13, 02:51 PM
All for a purse in the passenger seat.. Didnt even have anything in the purse. it was a old empty one.

You knew it was empty but the thief didn't hence the break in I suggest keeping any valuables hidden if leaving them in the truck

djais1801
04-07-13, 09:59 PM
that's why i like having all windows tinted

the cadillac man
04-07-13, 11:16 PM
that's why i like having all windows tinted

Mines tinted and I love having them like that it does help keep theft down (though I did have one nut look in the truck with me sitting in the truck while I was at a parade) and it keeps the interior temps cooler

----------

This is one of a couple companies I researched when our drivers door was "screwdrivered" a year and a half ago. There are cheaper and more expensive versions.

http://www.trucksecurity.com/JJGM99detail.html

That the device I was talking a out

deadringer
04-08-13, 10:55 AM
+1 for the Jimmy Jammers... I installed them on all 4 doors on my truck after a break-in...

the cadillac man
04-08-13, 06:51 PM
+1 for the Jimmy Jammers... I installed them on all 4 doors on my truck after a break-in...

Don't forget the hatch depending on the year