: looking for factory cd player

eldog90
01-09-05, 12:21 AM
looking for cd player or info to install cd player in my 95 sls,is this a strange size unit or what?

D148L0
01-09-05, 03:37 PM
looking for cd player or info to install cd player in my 95 sls,is this a strange size unit or what?
IF I am correct, you have a double-din unit. Not the most common one, but there are several good aftermarket ones available. Use crutchfield or similar search engines, or use the double-din keyword for regular engines.

eldog90
01-09-05, 03:48 PM
thanks but i did know that,it just seems this is a harder install on these cars.i took the din and a half out of my 90 eldog and know there is a dash kit to install it but you still must do some mods to the trim plate and the behind the dash stuff to get to right wideth.seems a factory cd would save me the time of doing the mods.does anyone know the cross ref of factory cd players that gm made that would be plug and play?off to the salavge yard i go!

morroccoz1
01-12-05, 01:36 AM
Check my previous posts on my CD player for my 97. I was in the same boat. I did a lot of research on changing the head unit, and did not want to loose the integrity of what the dash looked like. I ended up calling Crutchfield and got a USA Spec changer. It plugged right in and made a huge difference for the better. With the addition of 2 amps, 2 10's, and 2 6X9's I am pretty impressed with the sound.

The only thing I did was tap an 8 wire lead from the trunk to the glove box and put the factory plug there so I wouldnt have to get into the trunk all the time. I hacked off the plug, ran the wires up front and soldered the plug back on. Works like a charm.

eldog90
01-16-05, 04:14 PM
I found a factory cd/cass off ebay for 60.00 thANKS