: V owner favorite Car Shows

vfaninva
04-06-13, 03:49 PM
I am currently out work while I recover from back surgery and have been watching more tv than usual. Fortunately both Barrett Jackson and Mecum auctions are going this weekend so there is something worth watching. So I was wondering what car shows other V owners watch. Yeah I know I got too much time on my hands.

neuronbob
04-06-13, 04:25 PM
Sorry to read of your medical issue. I can watch Mecum for hours. I recently discovered Barrett-Jackson on Speed. Wheeler Dealers is absolutely addicting. And of course, Top Gear, both UK and US variants.

Yes, you have way too much time on your hands.

Gman1023
04-06-13, 07:57 PM
There at least used to be a show "Desert Car Kings" on Discovery. I rather liked it, it was a shop in AZ that would restore an old car and sell it at the end of each episode. Don't know if it was picked up for a second season though.

Mongopush
04-06-13, 08:36 PM
I've had Mecum on for two days solid , I keep thinking " my car is faster than that, and at that price??". Its all in what cars you love I guess. I believe one day these cars will bring mega cash as collectors.

vfaninva
04-07-13, 10:28 AM
Yeah, the cars on BJ and Mecum are pretty overpriced. I enjoy the commentary about each model as they cross the block (production #'s, engine availability, restoration costs, etc..). Mostly I just to drool over the amazing low mileage survivors that are still out there!

brent38
04-07-13, 03:21 PM
R U Faster then a Redneck?

flatrockguy
04-08-13, 11:34 AM
I have to watch TopGear (US) once a month on Youtube where they beat on a V and race it against a Ferrari California. When I was waiting for my car to be built I must have watched that episode over 100 times..

Xaqtly
04-08-13, 02:01 PM
Yeah, that episode is why sometimes I can hear people outside my car saying "Hey, isn't that the wagon that beat a Ferrari?" :thumbsup:

jzips
04-08-13, 09:00 PM
I watch UK Top Gear constantly on Netflix. Hours after hours of it. An amazingly good show.

vfaninva
04-09-13, 03:12 PM
I like BBC's top gear better than the U. S. version that copies it.