: Hi from new guy...

gmtech16450yz
04-06-13, 03:22 PM
Posted this in the general CTS classified section. (Didn't realize the CTS-V cars section of the classifieds was also for parts.) I figured I'd copy and post it here just to say HI. If anyone has any stock CTS-V gen 2 parts laying around, let me know. Especially if you're in Cali. I'll also let you guys now how my LSA powered roadster turns out. Our '12 CTS-V Wagon is a blast, a convertible that weighs about 1300lbs less and has around 100hp more power is gonna be hella fun!

Thanks!
John

Hi Guys, just signed up here but not new to cars or CTS-V's by any means. We have an '12 V Wagon, and I'm also doing an LSA swap on my little play car. It's a Saturn Sky Redline, similar to the Pontiac Solstice GXP. I have two of these cars, and I also tune some of the highest hp LNF's around the country. I have a couple Championship winning cars running my tunes currently. The one I'm pulling the LNF out of to put an LSA/TR6060 in was at 500whp/500wtrq. The engine was great, the trans and clutch sucked so I'm going V8 and an awesome 6 speed.
Anyway, what I'm looking for is some stock parts. I'm trying to make this swap California smog legal, so I need to find some stock cat downpipes. Most of the stuff I'm buying new, but this is an item that's probably in at least a few garages, just gathering dust. Any other parts you guys have laying around I might be able to use too. Local or somewhat close pickup would be awesome, I'm in the SF Bay Area.
This ended up being kinda of a "Hi, I'm a new guy" post, so maybe I'll put it in the main section too.
Thanks!
John

tkracing
04-06-13, 10:02 PM
Hello and good luck with the build. Sounds fun. Maybe I will see you around town when it's done.