: Oil leak, change the gasket how it is cost ?

pedrolaval
04-06-13, 08:49 AM
How it is cost to repair and oil leak from the pan and change an oil pan gasket,

Some people said me they have to take off the transmission to change the gasket. is it real ?

Thank you for the answer

ddalder
04-06-13, 02:25 PM
You need to tell us which model year and engine you have. If you have the 4.4L or 4.6L it appear to be the oil pan gasket but may not be. This would require closer examination.

pedrolaval
04-06-13, 03:49 PM
The model is a STS 2008 V8 4.6L

Thank you

ddalder
04-06-13, 06:16 PM
Your best option will be to have the engine shampooed and dye added to the oil. This will be the best way to pinpoint exactly where the leak is. I just had an oil leak repaired (same year and engine as yours). It was determined that it was actually a seal between two halves of the engine casing. I had warranty, but the book time (with all wheel drive) was over 16 hours with $500+ worth of parts. Hopefully this isn't the same problem as you're having, although the NorthStar is known for this (not as frequently in the later years like ours though). They had to remove my engine to complete this repair. Have it checked carefully and hopefully you won't have the same problem as I did. Fortunately I had extended warranty that paid all but $100 of the repair.

pedrolaval
04-07-13, 02:39 PM
thank you