: How long to get an order number after you signed order from dealership?

metalcoat
04-05-13, 10:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I bit the bullet and ordered an ATS 3.6 AWD Premium, $130 over invoice, via email and phone. This is my first Cadillac which feels weird considering I just turned 26! My father has always ordered his cars but I was never involved in the process and he seemed to always wait forever then end up getting the wrong vehicle! His business was fleet though and I do not qualify for that. My question is that once I ordered (March 30) how long does it take to get a order number? One of my family members told me (though he said its been 20+ years so things may have changed) that they do ordering on Thursdays. I am extremely excited however I actually sold my car today (2007 Volvo S40) and now have to sit without a vehicle for 4+ weeks!

Pete7874
04-05-13, 10:43 PM
and now have to sit without a vehicle for 4+ weeks!
That's it? When I ordered my A4, it took 3 months. :) Alas, it had to sail on a ship from Germany, so that added about a month to the whole process.

Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to say congrats! If I ever decide to buy an ATS, it'll most likely be the 3.6 Premium.

Hoosier Daddy
04-05-13, 11:50 PM
Hello everyone,

I bit the bullet and ordered an ATS 3.6 AWD Premium, $130 over invoice, via email and phone. This is my first Cadillac which feels weird considering I just turned 26! My father has always ordered his cars but I was never involved in the process and he seemed to always wait forever then end up getting the wrong vehicle! His business was fleet though and I do not qualify for that. My question is that once I ordered (March 30) how long does it take to get a order number? One of my family members told me (though he said its been 20+ years so things may have changed) that they do ordering on Thursdays. I am extremely excited however I actually sold my car today (2007 Volvo S40) and now have to sit without a vehicle for 4+ weeks!
The dealer should be able to give you the order number the day its submitted which is typically just once a week for a given dealer.

And I'm not saying its common but its not rare either that the order is messed up in one way or another. Someone just posted about their ATS that came in without the sunroof. Once the order is placed you should ask your dealer for regular status updates. The Customer Service people in this forum can do that as well. Look up the event codes (Google search) that define the current status of your car and once its in the system ask for a list of the option codes as well as the event code for your order, preferably a screen print from the GM status system the dealer uses. If there is an error, it can be fixed if caught early enough.

And tell the dealer and GM just how much you like it that GM killed the 3rd party system that let customers track their own orders without waiting or relying on the dealer to do it for them. Apparently, if you order a Chevy, GM provides a way for customers to check their own orders. For the other GM brands you could until late last year use a 3rd party web site to track them but the site owner and GM got into some kind of %^^& match and killed it off.

Customers killed off the ability to track the rail-car your car is transported on. At one time, you could get the rail-car number from GM and then use a system of the railroad to track the rail-car. That system was intended for the railroad paying customers to track their loads. When car buyers started calling the railroad for help they put two and two together and made the system unavailable without access codes.

Good luck and may your car be unloaded at a full train yard because in some yards the closer your car is to the entrance/exit the fastest it gets to the dealer. Cars that unload later could get delivered sooner because they sometimes have to get them out of the lot to get to the cars that were unloaded earlier.

Y2tony3
04-06-13, 03:14 AM
When I was looking for my ATS the dealership told me it would take 5 weeks...I said hell no! And went on a mad search for the car and found one literally coming of the truck. They didn't even get a chace to register the car in their inventory. Back to your question, I think it's about 5 weeks

Fraggy
04-06-13, 11:49 AM
Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to say congrats! If I ever decide to buy an ATS, it'll most likely be the 3.6 Premium.

Certainly get the 3.6 if you do. I wish I had, the 2.0 is fine in every way, but the 3.6 is just that much finer :)

AJ21
04-06-13, 03:14 PM
I got my order number after a week of ordering......its been 9 weeks now, and I just got the call saying my car is ready for pickup on Wednesday.......9 1/2 weeks wait...i hope it was worth it

maxima10
04-08-13, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone,

Congrats pal ... what are the terms?

Dave3283
04-10-13, 11:33 AM
I got my order number after a week of ordering......its been 9 weeks now, and I just got the call saying my car is ready for pickup on Wednesday.......9 1/2 weeks wait...i hope it was worth it

It was worth the wait, eh?
Too bad winter won't give up its grip on us.

----------

Today is the day. It was worth the wait, eh?
Now, we need winter to leave so we can drive these machines.

----------

----------

Damn cell phone data connection. Thought my first message was interrupted.

AJ21
04-10-13, 05:55 PM

----------

----------

Damn cell phone data connection. Thought my first message was interrupted.

I have the worst luck.....yesterday the car I am trading in was rear ended......i have now got to deal with this and see how it impacts my trade.....my car will be ready for pickup tomorrow rather than today as I was first told.....

The weather is garbage, this situation sucks....i just want my ATS....is that too much to ask.

Hoosier Daddy
04-10-13, 08:03 PM
I have the worst luck.....yesterday the car I am trading in was rear ended
Bad luck but not the worst. The worst would have been if you got rear ended the day AFTER you traded it in.

Remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ#t=26s

BTW, since the thread is so far off course anyway, I know how to make a Youtube video start playing at a certin point (like above) but does anyone know of any parameters to also make it stop playing at a certain point?

metalcoat
04-12-13, 04:39 PM
Congrats pal ... what are the terms?

1.24% 60 months.

metalcoat
04-15-13, 12:01 PM
Just an update the dealer is waiting to hear from other rep whether or not its 2013 or 2014 because it was the cutoff date.