: Horn is faint when using FOB to lock

Mark554050
04-05-13, 10:32 PM
Fantastic Forum, love it!

I have a 2005 STS and just this past week when exiting the vehicle and using the FOB to lock it I've noticed that the horn is very faint. The horn itself at the steering wheel is equally as faint. While I doubt this would be it, the battery in the FOB is new. I've checked the various menu settings within the NAV Console and all is well.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

Thank you,

Mark

EChas3
04-06-13, 02:03 PM
It is supposed to be less than full stength. I turned mine off but have the car lock itself after I exit.

I'm tempted to turn off the triple-beep warning when a fob is left in the car. It occasionally goes off when undesired.

Mark554050
04-06-13, 11:19 PM
It is supposed to be less than full stength. I turned mine off but have the car lock itself after I exit.

I'm tempted to turn off the triple-beep warning when a fob is left in the car. It occasionally goes off when undesired.
Thanks. This is such a drastic change from before though that something is awry. And that is if the horn goes off which is probably 95% of the time.

Thanks again.

Ludacrisvp
04-09-13, 08:32 PM
One of your horns might be dead.
Happens when water gets in them.
I replaced mine on the Deville I had before the STS. It got louder then. The car should have 2 horns a high and a low frequency perhaps you only have the high working.

EChas3
04-09-13, 09:40 PM
He said when he presses the horn pad on the steering wheel it is plenty loud.

Ludacrisvp
04-09-13, 09:43 PM
I've noticed that the horn is very faint. The horn itself at the steering wheel is equally as faint.
^^^^

Mark554050
04-09-13, 10:12 PM
He said when he presses the horn pad on the steering wheel it is plenty loud.
'Was' is the key word...it's very faint as well.

Thank you!

----------

One of your horns might be dead.
Happens when water gets in them.
I replaced mine on the Deville I had before the STS. It got louder then. The car should have 2 horns a high and a low frequency perhaps you only have the high working.
Excellent, many thanks. First time in my life I've ever had a horn go bad. Oh well....

Many thanks!

EChas3
04-09-13, 10:14 PM
Sorry, I misread the post!

carter's_sts
04-10-13, 10:26 AM
Either it was changed from the original or I mis read it the first time also.

Sorry, I misread the post!