: Heated seats turn on randomly - need help shutting them off

demakos
04-05-13, 09:25 PM
Currently my driver side heated seats turn on randomly and cycle through different tempurature settings all on there own. I can turn them off by using the door switch, but they will soon turn on again in just minutes. Living in Florida I have no need for heated seats and would prefer to just disconnect the correct wire. I have a 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD.

It is not possible to disconnect the fuse because the fuse also runs the ignition. I could disconnet the entire seat controls below the seat, but then I lose the power seat controls I also get a service airbag light on the dash.

After attempting to fix it with the wrong door control module (GM Part#1511-6862, memory control, heated seat control, and pedal controls) and spending $200 trying, I learned it was the wrong control module. My mechanic thinks its the door control module with the power window and lock controls. I do not want to spend the $300 on the correct control module to see if it is the real problem. Fixing my heated seats in Florida is not worth $300.

My goal is to permantly shut off the driver side heated seats without disrupting anything else.

I also have a brand new control module which will probably end up on ebay because it cannot be returned!

the cadillac man
04-05-13, 10:43 PM
Currently my driver side heated seats turn on randomly and cycle through different tempurature settings all on there own. I can turn them off by using the door switch, but they will soon turn on again in just minutes. Living in Florida I have no need for heated seats and would prefer to just disconnect the correct wire. I have a 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD.

It is not possible to disconnect the fuse because the fuse also runs the ignition. I could disconnet the entire seat controls below the seat, but then I lose the power seat controls I also get a service airbag light on the dash.

After attempting to fix it with the wrong door control module (GM Part#1511-6862, memory control, heated seat control, and pedal controls) and spending $200 trying, I learned it was the wrong control module. My mechanic thinks its the door control module with the power window and lock controls. I do not want to spend the $300 on the correct control module to see if it is the real problem. Fixing my heated seats in Florida is not worth $300.

My goal is to permantly shut off the driver side heated seats without disrupting anything else.

I also have a brand new control module which will probably end up on ebay because it cannot be returned!

The module that works the heated seat function also works the memory seat and the motors of the drivers side seat it is under the seat

FYI it is also tied into the memory feature of the mirrors and the radio presets

demakos
04-06-13, 09:29 AM
Thanks, that might explain why the mirrors never returned to the correct position when using the memory button. Honestly I have no need for the mirror memory or radio presets anymore. I would easily sacrafice the function of the both of these to lose the heated seats. I would like to maintain the power seat motors function, any thoughts?

the cadillac man
04-06-13, 12:14 PM
Thanks, that might explain why the mirrors never returned to the correct position when using the memory button. Honestly I have no need for the mirror memory or radio presets anymore. I would easily sacrafice the function of the both of these to lose the heated seats. I would like to maintain the power seat motors function, any thoughts?

I don't know if the module can be removed and the motors work without it since they also plug into the seat module

godsdiablo
04-08-13, 10:38 PM
I had the same problem , you need to buy the master window switches (module) cost me 150 at the dealer but you could try a used one from a junk yard