: New UAW Lansing Grand River member here

BobsArmory
04-05-13, 08:00 PM
I have been lurking around on this site for a while now soaking up information as I can and and figured I might as well register and become a member since I just bought a used 2007 AWD STS for my wife. You may be interested to know that there is a very good chance that I have seen at least half of you cars while they were being built since I work at the plant that builds the CTS, STS, ATS and the first generation SRX in Lansing MI.

Being in the Materials Department and a former member of the Trim Dept. I can tell you where in the plant every part of your car was put together but unfortunately I shall be a bit reserved when it comes to how your car was built due to GM social media policies.

I also want to thank the administrators for keeping this site free of cuss words and scantily clad females since my children are often looking over my shoulder while I am on my laptop. That alone is a breath of fresh air these days on the internet!

Subsailor613
04-05-13, 09:02 PM
Welcome Aboard !

CTSCHICK
04-05-13, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the site and thanks for the quality assembly of my CTS :)

dannyquest
04-05-13, 09:30 PM
BobsArmory, Great to have you on Cadillac Fourm. My 06 STS V-6 has had some problem in this past. While these item were covered under warrenty, Why did some model year have so many flaws. Oil burning, Torque converter, rear diff oil leaks. One would think with a high dollar car that I should be getting a more refined car or at least trouble free. Thanks, Danny

BobsArmory
04-06-13, 11:24 AM
That's a good question Danny, unfortunately the answer to that question is WAY above my pay grade!

BobsArmory, Great to have you on Cadillac Fourm. My 06 STS V-6 has had some problem in this past. While these item were covered under warrenty, Why did some model year have so many flaws. Oil burning, Torque converter, rear diff oil leaks. One would think with a high dollar car that I should be getting a more refined car or at least trouble free. Thanks, Danny

RippyPartsDept
04-06-13, 11:44 AM
:welcome:
there's a few other plant employees around also
good to have you aboard