: Need help. Cracked 2004 ESV 9 spoke wheel

shribe
04-05-13, 01:00 PM
After a few days with new tires, we got low tire pressure warning. Added air, just to have it come on again. Went back to the tire shop thinking it just wasn't seating. They came back to me and showed me a hairline crack on the inside lip of the rim. I've found a few used, (very few) and they were all around $400. The wheels on the truck are in excellent condition, and I love the look of them. It was one of the reasons I picked this one over all others.
Has anyone had any experience with having a wheel like this repaired? Of course I'm concerned with safety.
Or does anyone have one of these for sale, or know where I could find one at a reasonable price? Thanks.

6lbsofSound
04-05-13, 01:25 PM
Depending on where the crack is it can be repaired safely. If you don't want to go that route finding one eBay, craigslist, or junkyard are your only options.

shribe
04-05-13, 02:30 PM
The crack is on the inside of the rim. Starts at lip,up the side, and about a half inch into flat cross section of the wheel. I am still hoping someone on the board may have one, or knows of of someone that does.

wake
04-06-13, 01:15 AM
eBay is a great source. I picked up an excellent condition stock chrome wheel fro $85 shipped to replace the spare that had lots of rust on it and a 16" wheel instead of a matching stock wheel.

godsdiablo
04-09-13, 04:14 AM
You could get it fixed for around $100 they weld the crack sand it then mount and balance