: 2013 nav disk

bigburban
04-05-13, 12:39 AM
Anybody upgraded to the 2013 nav disk yet?

Guy.Seminerio
04-05-13, 01:17 AM
Bought my V about a month ago and the dealer gave it to me with a nav disk in the box wrapped in plastic. That leads me to believe it's new, but do you know how I can actually tell what year disk it is? I'm looking at the box right now. Don't see a year.

----------

Going to bed but if it helps any the back of the box says "Map data released as version 8.00."

GizmoQ
04-05-13, 11:19 AM
Bought my V about a month ago and the dealer gave it to me with a nav disk in the box wrapped in plastic. That leads me to believe it's new, but do you know how I can actually tell what year disk it is? I'm looking at the box right now. Don't see a year.

----------

Going to bed but if it helps any the back of the box says "Map data released as version 8.00."

I believe we have the same Denso Nav system and the latest Map DVD set is version 8.00, GM Part Number 25979939U and has 2007 NAVTEQ map data. This version GM NAV disc is the latest and last update available. GM will no longer support or produce new discs for our NAV system.

For what it's worth, the Denso system can work with a Toyota/Lexus gen 2-3 nav disk. This will give you updated maps, but voice recognition and response will not work. Unlike Cadillac, Toyota continues to provide new updates each year for their older cars. The current version is 11.1. With the Toyota/Lexus Denso Gen 2/3, Revision 11.1 the visual directions work fine but there is no audio directions telling you when to turn. The disc is a combination of Denso (2011), NAVTEQ (2010) and Infogroup (2010).

PGA2B
04-05-13, 12:15 PM
Good Info Q- Thanks!

06 STS Rob
04-05-13, 01:37 PM
My understanding was that the STS and the Corvette shared the same system...? Seems odd that GM would stop producing updates for the C6. I still have the 2010 disk, I guess it's about time for an update.

carter's_sts
04-05-13, 01:43 PM
As far as I know GM is still putting out updates. I have the 2012 update.

RippyPartsDept
04-05-13, 02:35 PM
http://gmnavdisc.com

bigburban
04-05-13, 09:19 PM
There is an update for 2013 available. I was debating if I want to drop the coin and get it. The 2008 version I have is getting out of date. I am assuming the new version just has updated data but not any new features or more points of interest etc.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=v28KCghB0doAAAE6qVppoJPA&ShowAllProducts=YES

RippyPartsDept
04-06-13, 09:32 AM
new discs have updated POIs and Maps (rarely will the map disc come with a software update... basically never)

torched10
04-06-13, 01:05 PM
i used to buy updates for my GM cars--but they dont change very much, unless your interested in POIs--- the best GPS is the Nav on your droid--yiu can verbally tell it where to go, and it shows you a picture of wherever your going when you get there--plus its always up to date,since its google based, and it corrects if you miss a turn immediaktey, no "recalculating" bs.I took a 2 hr run in my v with the car GPS and the droid--i got to several places where the GM system would tell me iy didnt know the streets, but the NAV worked great

1BadCadSTS
04-06-13, 01:56 PM
I believe we have the same Denso Nav system and the latest Map DVD set is version 8.00, GM Part Number 25979939U and has 2007 NAVTEQ map data. This version GM NAV disc is the latest and last update available. GM will no longer support or produce new discs for our NAV system.

For what it's worth, the Denso system can work with a Toyota/Lexus gen 2-3 nav disk. This will give you updated maps, but voice recognition and response will not work. Unlike Cadillac, Toyota continues to provide new updates each year for their older cars. The current version is 11.1. With the Toyota/Lexus Denso Gen 2/3, Revision 11.1 the visual directions work fine but there is no audio directions telling you when to turn. The disc is a combination of Denso (2011), NAVTEQ (2010) and Infogroup (2010).

Only for early srx all xlr Seville and Deville does this apply. Nothing to do with the sts platform nav.

GizmoQ
04-07-13, 10:07 PM
Only for early srx all xlr Seville and Deville does this apply. Nothing to do with the sts platform nav.

Thanx, I stand corrected.

Guy.Seminerio
04-16-13, 10:02 PM
Hey on the Nav topic, as I said I have the latest available Nav disc, and yet a good 80% of addresses I punch in result in the "house number does not exist on this street" error message. I always have to just punch it into my iphone afterwards, and of course google has no problem finding the address. You guys getting similar results? Am I missing something here, or does the nav just straight up suck?

carter's_sts
04-16-13, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I just like it so I can see what streets are coming up next. For actual navigating, the phone is about 1000 times easier and more useful.

I also do use it on trips to count down the miles to the city I'm headed to. That's somewhat useful. Usually it can find the center of a city or town.

Guy.Seminerio
04-17-13, 12:11 AM
Bingo. That's why I prefer it. Too bad it sucks so much. Is this the general consensus among the rest of you guys? Nav is pretty useless?

Nimoch
04-17-13, 08:37 PM
Just use the phone.

bigburban
04-18-13, 12:18 AM
It's to bad I like the nav but the biggest problem I have with it as several have mentioned is entering the destination. So yea I end up using my iphone. Good thing I don't live in California.