: Post Update Observation

10mikeymike
04-04-13, 09:40 PM
I had my CUE update done this past Monday and as indicated in another post, I've noticed some minor improvements. I say minor mainly because I really didn't have any issues with it to before the update. One thing I've noticed is if I shut the car off with the navigation screen open when I restart the car the icons at the top of the screen and the menu bar at the bottom of the screen remain on - they do not fade away. The only way I can get them to operate normally is to touch one of the icons and then they will eventually fade away. Another thing I noticed is that on 2 occasions I had the navigation screen in 3D mode when I started the car and when I touched an icon an the top of the screen to get them to fade away the navigation screen changed to the "heading north" map view. Has anyone else noticed little things like this after the CUE update? It's not a big deal, but it didn't do it before the update and I don't think this should be happening now.

Cadjiek
04-05-13, 11:25 AM
Got my car back today. First thing I noticed was that the scrolling is smooth and responsive now. It was terrible before. The navigation now dispalys the nearest hospital and police which it didn't before along with their phone numbers. Along with the CUE update, the following items were also handled:
Reprogram transmission module
Repair front seat cushion trim retention. (didn't know there was a problem)
Repair memory seat module
Repair Glove box to operate smoothly
Replace the radio control assembly for unwanted volume/radio will not turn off ( didn't know I had a problem)
Reprogram the instrument panel cluster to correct outside temperature display
Check and repair rear headliner sag.
Interior product trim enhancement update to correct potential rattles
Reprogram the keyless entry control module for unwanted delay
Rear seat headrest recall
Change oil and filter, car wash
Rotate tires.

I sure was glad to get my car back. I had a brand new ATS 3.6 for a rental. Too bouncy, noisy and small. (sorry ATS members). I'll be honest, the ATS wasn't any quicker than my XTS and I love my sterring a whole lot better.

----------

That should be STEERING.

RippyPartsDept
04-05-13, 12:19 PM
a lot of the extra campaigns are being done to prevent issues in the future (possibly)

for instance, the trim issues are not noticed by many people but enough noticed so now we have to check them all and replace any that are loose or aren't fitting correctly
the cue update is a good time to basically get a second chance at the fit and finish quality control for a bunch of things

kipsts
04-05-13, 01:36 PM
The only similar thing I noticed @10mikeymike was having the map switch from 3d to heading north one time on its on so far since my CUE updates. :cool2:

Sweetness
04-07-13, 09:21 AM
I had my CUE update done this past Monday and as indicated in another post, I've noticed some minor improvements. I say minor mainly because I really didn't have any issues with it to before the update. One thing I've noticed is if I shut the car off with the navigation screen open when I restart the car the icons at the top of the screen and the menu bar at the bottom of the screen remain on - they do not fade away. The only way I can get them to operate normally is to touch one of the icons and then they will eventually fade away. Another thing I noticed is that on 2 occasions I had the navigation screen in 3D mode when I started the car and when I touched an icon an the top of the screen to get them to fade away the navigation screen changed to the "heading north" map view. Has anyone else noticed little things like this after the CUE update? It's not a big deal, but it didn't do it before the update and I don't think this should be happening now.

Mike, thanks for the update. I thought it was a problem with just my car. I would like to add that I can just swipe my hand over the screen (don't have to hit a icon), and in a couple of seconds the screen returns to normal. I sure feel a lot better knowing that is abnormally normal.

10mikeymike
04-07-13, 02:39 PM
Mike, thanks for the update. I thought it was a problem with just my car. I would like to add that I can just swipe my hand over the screen (don't have to hit a icon), and in a couple of seconds the screen returns to normal. I sure feel a lot better knowing that is abnormally normal.

Me too! I feel much better about it knowing that it's a normal abnormality. ;)

kipsts
04-07-13, 07:19 PM
Just got back from a nice run in SilverFox (well within the speed limits, as most of it was on highways that the police are setting up 'zero tolerance' zones). Nice to see the XTS cruises in the low 70s with the tac reading below 2k. Did experience a problem however with the week-ago updated (and replaced) CUE.:( Twice, at about 35 minutes and again at 45 minutes the CUE screen started to go 'squiggly' (horizontally) somewhat analogous to when an old tube TV (those of us who are old enough to remember :) ) had its power interrupted while still on. I was in normal map/NAV mode at the time. The entire screen was impacted and it continued that way for a few minutes. I was listening to Pandora at the time, and just before it occurred it appeared to have lost the Pandora feed. My drive was about an hour each way. I continued to my location after the two incidents and there was no further problem, and the car was then shut down for about 5 hours (golf and lunch). On the return home using both HD FM and then Pandora, there were no further similar incidents. Anyone else experience something similar?

Coincidentally my guests commented on how nice the car was and how well it road, plus they liked the fact that all 4 full size golf bags, shoes, etc. fit easily in the trunk. :cool2:

FormerBenz
04-07-13, 09:29 PM
New climate control icons post CUE update. Was hoping to get an icon for SMS--I saw that in the video for the ELR on the cadillac website.

kipsts
04-08-13, 03:31 PM
Just got back from a nice run in SilverFox (well within the speed limits, as most of it was on highways that the police are setting up 'zero tolerance' zones). Nice to see the XTS cruises in the low 70s with the tac reading below 2k. Did experience a problem however with the week-ago updated (and replaced) CUE.:( Twice, at about 35 minutes and again at 45 minutes the CUE screen started to go 'squiggly' (horizontally) somewhat analogous to when an old tube TV (those of us who are old enough to remember :) ) had its power interrupted while still on. I was in normal map/NAV mode at the time. The entire screen was impacted and it continued that way for a few minutes. I was listening to Pandora at the time, and just before it occurred it appeared to have lost the Pandora feed. My drive was about an hour each way. I continued to my location after the two incidents and there was no further problem, and the car was then shut down for about 5 hours (golf and lunch). On the return home using both HD FM and then Pandora, there were no further similar incidents. Anyone else experience something similar?

Coincidentally my guests commented on how nice the car was and how well it road, plus they liked the fact that all 4 full size golf bags, shoes, etc. fit easily in the trunk. :cool2:

Update: Today on two 30 to 40 minute drives I was pleased to see that the CUE screen performed properly and did not replicate the bizarre squiggly screen disruption experienced yesterday. The primary thing different (other than it was just myself in the car, and shorter trips) was that instead of hooking my Samsung GIII to the USB in the compartment behind the door below the CUE and leaving my phone in there, I connected the phone to the USB in the center arm rest. Possibly somehow there was electrical interference between my phone, Pandora and the CUE system when the phone was directly below and somewhat behind the CUE system? I hope that was it because it certainly was disconcerting to have the CUE go out for several minutes. :cool2:

dbeyda
04-23-13, 04:03 PM

Each time you touch the Navigation icon on the top of the screen the heading will change. This is normal and meant to work that way per the manual. The update did not change this. You can effectively change the view as you drive without having to back to settings.