: Power Cupholders?

bruff1977
04-04-13, 12:08 PM
Thoughts on the touch sensitive cupholders cover? The pics look like they are heated/cooled also.

ultimate_ed
04-04-13, 11:32 PM
I'd rather have a powered trunk lid. The cup holder thing looks gimmicky to me.

gohawks63
04-04-13, 11:47 PM

While I thought they were cool, you bring up a good point. I rarely if ever put down the put the cup holder down. My phone goes in there when I don't have a drinks in there.

rustybear3
04-05-13, 07:46 AM

Agree....pretty bad if you feel the need to motorize a sliding cover; why they ever discontinued the power trunk lid is beyond me.....beats slamming the trunk down.....a little Cadillac nicety that I do miss on the new vehicles along with intellibeam...

bruff1977
04-05-13, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the CTS has a power trunk. They were nice... The Olds Touring Sedans had them also.

rsingl
04-05-13, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if safety concerns (i.e. children with fingers under the lid as it pulls down) led to the power pull down being discontinued. Many desirable product features have been removed for even more dubious potential hazards. The new pedestrian safety standards are having a big impact on front end styling.

I also liked having the trunk power pull-down but I don't miss that as much as having trunks that actually pop fully open when released. 9 times out of 10 I use the trunk sensor button with the passive key system on my current CTS so I have a hand on the trunk lid anyway but there are times when it would be nice to use the fob mounted release and have it open fully before I grab a large package or grocery bags with both hands and then play games trying to fully open the trunk with either an elbow or one foot while standing on the other.

Gen 3 does look nice and I decided to wait one more year so I can replace my 08 with the TT version of the new generation.

5.0 lsc
04-07-13, 08:52 PM
I loved the power trunk pulldown feature on my lincoln mark vii's, it would always fool everyine they would go to push the trunk down as it slowly sucked in. Also the power doors on bmw 7's are cool

Loveldos
04-10-13, 02:40 PM
The automatic cup holder covers are shown on this video (along with mentioning the rear seat interior room is increased over the generation two CTS's and there is also a glimpse of a poster depicting the various interior leather combinations and besides having more choices, those include the Twilight Blue Leather like the Stealth Blue Edition second-generation CTS's feature):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb8uLMX1H4s

2014 CTS is looking great! Keep improving the interior and exterior color selections, and be sure to keep a few "exclusive" to Cadillac, GM!!!

Bigplay
04-10-13, 04:26 PM
Seems like trunk features are taking a back seat these days on cars. I would like to see them add the auto open close feature to the trunk just like the power liftgate that suv have.