: Intake + chip

DennySTSV
04-04-13, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, I just got the D3 stage 2 intake and was wondering if i should go with the D-Tronic Module or another tune

06 STS Rob
04-04-13, 12:41 AM
Well, every time I post what I've learned about this PGA pops off so you'll have to wait for him to answer...

PGA2B
04-04-13, 02:29 AM
What have you learned?

P.S.- If it were mine I would get a real tune. The D-tronic is just an overpriced MAF module that Tim sells much cheaper.

06 STS Rob
04-04-13, 11:45 AM
^^^ What he said!

(I've learned not to chime in on these questions HA HA HA!!!)

DennySTSV
04-04-13, 06:36 PM
What have you learned?

P.S.- If it were mine I would get a real tune. The D-tronic is just an overpriced MAF module that Tim sells much cheaper.

Which tune would be best?

theotherguyssn
04-04-13, 09:30 PM
id like to know a good plug and play module also i could use to put on my sts-v for lil more hp d3's has been discontinued i do believe or on backorder no longer on their website

06 STS Rob
04-04-13, 11:40 PM
D3 is pushing to sell the $850 dyno tune rather than the D-tronic that they probably no longer produce. HP tuner seems to be pretty legit and there are a few guys here that can help with tunes. If your near MI, I would recommend getting in touch with Tim (TimmyC).

PGA2B
04-04-13, 11:55 PM
The trouble is that you need to have HP Tuners yourself to load tunes. So the price goes up quite a bit. Tim has a plug in module but I don't know if it will add any ponies it is more to be able to change the MAF table without changing the stock tune. Maybe he'll swing in and talk more about it.

chwilliams3
04-05-13, 02:40 AM
I know a "guy" in the Riverside area that has a few tunes that he would be happy to download into an STS V.

Evidently he helped in designing a stage 1 and 2 intake for the STS V and has a few tunes from moderate to wicked. He helped me get my V running great after the mechs forgot to install the MAF sleeve insode the intake.

Let me know and I'll call him. L

1madstsv
04-05-13, 07:12 AM
Any good tuner should be able to tune your car to better than stock and make it safe. There is no replace ment for a good dyno tune. Each car is different and needs tuned different the hand held tunes are ok for say a Tahoe / pickup truck to get a little more out of. But a suppercharger hand bilt engine no get a dyno tune at a shop that does gm cars and they should be Abel to do better than any hand held tune.

PGA2B
04-05-13, 12:21 PM
LOL RYAN!! You gotta start using spell check bro!! Suppercharger?? Does that come with a salad and dinner roll? You know I'm just bustin your chops! Give me a call when you get a chance.

----------

I know a "guy" in the Riverside area that has a few tunes that he would be happy to download into an STS V.

Evidently he helped in designing a stage 1 and 2 intake for the STS V and has a few tunes from moderate to wicked.

Those are my tunes. He is a very good friend of mine! He is a good Guy!

06 STS Rob
04-05-13, 12:45 PM
Who's this "guy" in Riverside you are speaking of ??? I'm within 30mins from there. Well, if your talking about SoCal...I'm sure there are many Riverside's out there.

PGA2B
04-05-13, 03:55 PM
Guy Smith, he works at Spectre Performance. Give him a call.

06 STS Rob
04-08-13, 06:23 PM
Browsing around on the Spectra site and ended up on Jegg's to find the Spectra stage 1&2 intake going for $250! I am kinda bummed now... I paid A LOT more for my intake and MAF plug-in. Oh well, at least I didn't pay what the "other guys" wanted for their intake.

I'll have to try to get a hold of Guy and see what he has to say.