: JBA short headers

SaulT
04-03-13, 09:25 PM
just bought some jba short headers are they good as far as giving some hp tq and acceleration?

6lbsofSound
04-03-13, 10:20 PM
Yeah, anything is better than the cast iron junk that gm uses. It will be louder with them on and an exhaust.you are not going to add 50hp but the good old butt dyno should feel a difference.

jjtwomey
04-03-13, 10:31 PM
just bought some jba short headers are they good as far as giving some hp tq and acceleration?

Haha that's for sure anything is better than stock. She will have a little extra rumble when you hit the throttle and will breathe a lot better especially when paired with a good exhaust set up. There will be a slight raise in hp

SaulT
04-04-13, 03:05 PM
thanks I don't really want to add exhaust because I'm not that into noise but maybe something not so loud I just like the fact that it will have a louder rumble. the other thing is if I add dw40 to the bolts abs leave the truck alone with it for a couple of days the bolts shouldn't be a problem right?

----------

thanks I don't really want to add exhaust because I'm not that into noise but maybe something not so loud I just like the fact that it will have a louder rumble. the other thing is if I add dw40 to the bolts and leave the truck alone with it for a couple of days the bolts shouldn't be a problem right?

jjtwomey
04-04-13, 09:14 PM
thanks I don't really want to add exhaust because I'm not that into noise but maybe something not so loud I just like the fact that it will have a louder rumble. the other thing is if I add dw40 to the bolts abs leave the truck alone with it for a couple of days the bolts shouldn't be a problem right?

----------

thanks I don't really want to add exhaust because I'm not that into noise but maybe something not so loud I just like the fact that it will have a louder rumble. the other thing is if I add dw40 to the bolts and leave the truck alone with it for a couple of days the bolts shouldn't be a problem right?

Mayyybeee, be really careful not to snap off a bolt or crack the manifold, it's a really expensive mistake

Let it soak in then spray it again maybe something even stronger its just a dangerous game on an older model gm aluminum is not your friend in this instance

SaulT
04-05-13, 02:19 AM
would I have to do any type of tuning or just bolt on and go?

6lbsofSound
04-05-13, 09:01 AM
Just bolt on and go

SaulT
04-06-13, 12:14 AM
thanks I hah no problem taking off the bolts:worship: so now just waiting on the headers

jjtwomey
04-06-13, 09:02 AM
thanks I hah no problem taking off the bolts:worship: so now just waiting on the headers

Good luck and enjoy, your engine will be a lot happier

2MCHPWR
06-14-13, 08:25 AM
how'd the install go? living with the headers? mpg and power benefits? noise?

grayparatrooper
06-14-13, 10:50 PM
Where did you buy them how much? Any worris on cel's?

Pitbull14218
06-15-13, 09:57 PM
My truck has an exhaust leak, so I might need to do some exhaust work, or maybe just go turbo :)

Rob03ext
07-02-13, 08:06 PM
Yeah, Do you like it? How much and where did you buy? Let us know.
Thanx bud.

rfishoutofwater
07-02-13, 11:37 PM
Discovered our esv platiunum edition has aftermarket headers along with the full banks exhaust. Nice little upgrade.

Pitbull14218
07-05-13, 11:27 PM
Do you need to get an aftermarket matching y pipe or do you use the factory with cats?