: Any ATS problems I should know of

Kasper
04-03-13, 10:31 AM
Hi guys,
I have a 2007 CTS (3,6 Sport package) and I am thinking of buying the ATS with the 3,6 liter engine.. Are there any problems with the car that I should be aware of, specially that I live in Dubai where it gets really hot during half of the year..
I really appreciate your feedback..
Thanks

bravnik
04-03-13, 10:43 AM
I have not had a problem at all with mine thus far. Some people seem to have had issues with some of the earlier production runs.

I don't think anyone in the US can answer your heat issues as of yet as it's not hot anywhere right now really. We will not know the heat answer for a few more months when it's starts really getting hot down south.

My feelings on it is that I would highly recommend the car. For me it's fantastic! Take one for a test drive. I purchased mine within hours of test driving it.

AtlantaGuy00
04-03-13, 11:00 AM
I bought my 3.6 in Oct when the temps were still in the 80-90 degree range. No problems. The a/c worked fine. The only problem I've had with my car has been with the heater making noise. You may not be concerned with that (the discussion is in the technical thread called HVAC tapping noise). You may want to check that out as an overall issue with the HVAC system. But, that's probably just the early production runs. Some have had issues with steering wheel clicking noises, but that's an easy fix and also just early production runs I think

Kasper
04-05-13, 09:05 AM
Thanks you guys for your replies.
Actually, I took one for a test drive and I love it but it had some noises from the front and the back.
Front noise came out whenever I pressed on the brakes specially when crossing bumps.
As for rear noise it was like a "tack" once you remove your foot from the brakes and start pressing on the accelerator.
Rest of test drive which remained for 3 full days (I know people at GM Middle East) was wonderful specially when you drive on mountainous roads using the manual shifting and the sport suspension settings.
I absolutely loved the car.106246

Kasper
04-05-13, 09:07 AM
Thanks you guys for your replies.
Actually, I took one for a test drive and I love it but it had some noises from the front and the back.
Front noise came out whenever I pressed on the brakes specially when crossing bumps.
As for rear noise it was like a "tack" once you remove your foot from the brakes and start pressing on the accelerator.
Rest of test drive which remained for 3 full days (I know people at GM Middle East) was wonderful specially when you drive on mountainous roads using the manual shifting and the sport suspension settings.
I absolutely loved the car.

pever
04-05-13, 10:10 AM
The only noise I had that might be what you described disappeared after a broad recall was done to re-bolt the Turbo.