: ac off engine hot

KeriAnn
04-03-13, 11:24 AM
so I have had my car for a whole 2 weeks and it has been in shop for more than half the time I have owned it. First day I had it drove it to work the ac off engine light came on and when i went out to my car for lunch it wouldnt start. I took it back to dealer ship where they had it for 5 days and now i have had it back for 4 days and the service engine light is on again with the same dic code. I've seen on your forums where it has said many things from therostate and sensor to water pump. I just want the issue resolved. I am taking it back again to dealership but would like more knowledge so when i walk in i dont feel like complete idiot.

conedoctor
04-03-13, 12:07 PM
Well some info about what you drive would help out a lot.

KeriAnn
04-03-13, 01:05 PM
I have a 2008 srx

glake89
04-03-13, 01:13 PM
You just bought it and it isn't right. Make seller fix it or take it back if they can't/won't. No one needs this kind of problems.

conedoctor
04-03-13, 01:40 PM
I agree with glake00, if your not happy then the brand takes a hit because most people blame Cadillac/GM for a used car they bought that does not work.

One more thing, does your 2008 SRX have an engine?

KeriAnn
04-03-13, 02:19 PM
would love to take it back but was purchased as is. I had an appointment today to take it back to dealership for them to look at it again. But the lovely vehicle wont start yet again. I think if it was ever running I may actually like it but at this point i cant tell because of the luck I am having with it. We actually own 2 other cadillac's and havent had the issues with them at all.... Love them. Right now im just completely at a loss.

conedoctor
04-03-13, 02:38 PM
Ok so we know it has an engine that wont start but what engine is it lol

glake89
04-03-13, 02:53 PM
was purchased as is

Even so, the dealer is not likely to want bad publicity plus does your state have a lemon law?

Next, are you DIY people or do you have to rely on others?

KeriAnn
04-03-13, 03:12 PM
They are now bringing me a loaner and picking it up again..... at least that is something..... I dont have time to DIY so i have to rely on others... There is no lemon law on used vehicles in my state only for new ones. Only thing I have going for me is the fact your purchase has to be worth what you pay for it and at this point a car that dont run is worthless. I also have no clue what the engine is in it. I haven't had it long enough to even read the manual to see how to make most the options work.

glake89
04-03-13, 05:45 PM
Sounds like they are at least trying. Suggestions,
1. Get a list of the DTCs they find and fix.
2. If the check engine light is still on when they return the car, refuse to accept it.
3.You should be able to drive the car 3-4 days without getting a check engine light. Some faults take that long to set a code after the code has been deleted if the cause was not fixed.

When you get the car back, let us know what the seller did, the codes etc. so we can give you some going ahead advise. Most of us are nice guys.

mjcaddy
04-04-13, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear about that! As glake89 said don't accept it if you feel there are still problems, I got mine used from a Toyota dealership and they fixed my steering issues i had when i got it, and i got it as is,
when you get it, open your hood and see check for us if it's a V8 (4.6 northstar) or V6 (3.6 vvt) also you should already know if it's AWD or 2WD.