: Florida V Owners and Tires

drios
04-03-13, 07:07 AM
Hey all my Florida peoples, what specific tires are you using? and do you recommend anywhere to buy them other than the dealership obvi, I have been referred to Tire Rack and have looked at a few listings on Ebay. I don't need them asap but wanted to purchase a good deal when I saw it. Since in Florida, do you just purchase summer tires year around, i think ive had like 4 days of winter lol. Im a noob still so just trying to get some input. Thanksg uys

Trapspeed
04-03-13, 10:05 AM
Through a bizarre set of circumstances, I ended up with the PS2's again. I like the tire and I'm a sucker for OEM tires but I was considering the Continental DW and then the Pilot Super Sports. The PSS wasn't yet available in rear size but it is now. All in all, give the PSS a look. Cheaper than PS2 and better treadwear. Summer tires all year, my man.

1997BlackETC
04-03-13, 12:31 PM
Yep, trap is right, go with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. You've got a high performance car, keep that way and don't get cheap on the tires. Sure you can get a tire like a Nitto or a Bridgestone much cheaper, but your car won't handle as good or hook up as good off the line.

baabootoo
04-03-13, 02:23 PM
Tire Buyer, and look for a coupon code. They are the cheapest around.

tinman
04-03-13, 03:54 PM
I agree - don't cheapen out.

Where I use TireRack is to see what various characteristics different tires have. I like wet handling as we get some monsoons down here. Wet handling has to go hand in hand with all around good performance characteristics.

drios
04-03-13, 08:59 PM
Yeah i have continentals on mine right now, the rear tires differ in size from the front correct? Thanks for the replies :) im still learning

1997BlackETC
04-03-13, 09:35 PM
Yeah i have continentals on mine right now, the rear tires differ in size from the front correct? Thanks for the replies :) im still learning

Depends on whether you have a Sedan or a coupe or wagon, on the Sedan the tires are all the same size I believe, on the coupes and wagons the tires are staggered, more narrow on the front than rear.

Low_ET
04-03-13, 09:44 PM
Depends on whether you have a Sedan or a coupe or wagon, on the Sedan the tires are all the same size I believe, on the coupes and wagons the tires are staggered, more narrow on the front than rear.

Sedans and wagons have exactly the same wheels and tires as each other (Staggered 9.0x19 and 9.5x19).

Coupes have the same front wheels as the sedan/wagon, but wider rear wheels (10.0x19) than the sedan/wagon (different offset too).

All CTS-Vs have the same OEM tire sizes (Front 255/40/19 and Rear 285/35/19)