: Mufflers for a 3.0

billeee
03-31-12, 03:00 PM
I would like to change to a dual exhaust setup on my 2012 3.0 liter CTS sedan. I'm not looking for increased performance, but I think dual outlet pipes look a lot better. I would rather not have it louder than stock.

Has anyone done this? Source? Cost? Sound?

rgauchey
04-02-12, 08:32 PM
The parts must be available from GM because my '11 3.0 liter CTS sedan has dual exhaust.

rspreng
04-02-12, 09:52 PM
The parts must be available from GM because my '11 3.0 liter CTS sedan has dual exhaust.

My '11 luxury 3.0 does not.

It should be able to be done. Purchase the rear exhaust with mufflers and outlets and purchase the rear lower valence for dual exhaust and you should be good. Might need a hanger or two. I think the hanger bracket is there. I looked at doing this also. Might check a salvage yard.

gnochi71
05-16-12, 02:35 PM
I was looking into this as well. I found the pipe and muffler assembly

http://www.gmpartscenter.net/?i=2&make=115&model=388&year=2011&catid=10022&subcatid=20056&section=7&type=parts
but its cheaper on gmpartsdirect.com

My issue is i don't know what the ride and handling package is. I'm sure they are different for the different shapes that have
to go around AWD and stuff like that. Can anyone tell me what the ride and handling package is? Its a $200 difference.
I have found the valance for about 170. Local dealer has one in stock for 240?? s/h?

So it looks like I have a $1200 pet peeve. Bought it used so didn't have the option.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Surfstix
06-10-12, 05:24 PM
maybe a GM dealer can give the info by the VIN

clydej11
06-30-12, 12:41 PM
Looking for exhaust ideas for my 2011 cts 3.0L sedan , single or dual exhaust

Panzer Leader
06-30-12, 06:57 PM
Same thoughts that I am having, wonder if the 3.6 dual exhaust can be modded to fit. The only thing would be to remove the rear diffuser under the rear bumper and attach one from the 3.6.

clydej11
07-02-12, 09:07 AM
You can put a 3.0l exhaust on it tho can't ya?

Panzer Leader
07-21-12, 11:31 PM
3.0 is a single exhaust. 3.6 is the dual exhaust. The current 3.0 single exhaust is on the left side. Question is how would you get the 3.0 left side bends right, to modded for the right side? In the long run the 3.6 OEM dual exhaust would be the easiest way to go. KBE makes axle backs for the 3.6 but nothing for the 3.0. I guess you could use 3.6 OEM and replace the OEM axle backs with the KBE.

clydej11
07-23-12, 12:15 PM
Ya but what about keeping it single is the a muffler out there that would sound good with just the one muffler ?

Panzer Leader
07-31-12, 06:52 PM
Possibly but why? If you re going to modify the exhaust I would do the dual exhaust, add the CAI and the plenum spacer. Should see some gain in HP and Torque. That is my plan of my 3.0. Though, I understand that a supercharger and turbo are possibilities as well.

Jazfreek
08-22-12, 07:56 PM
I have an '11 Sports Wagon and I took it to a custom exhaust shop today and had a chance to look under the car. The 3.0 has an awful dual exhaust under it. The tech said it was very restrictive being that it's only an inch and five quarters in diameter.

I did some research and found that Magnaflow makes an exhaust. The part number is 16831.

tinman
08-23-12, 01:25 PM
I have an '11 Sports Wagon and I took it to a custom exhaust shop today and had a chance to look under the car. The 3.0 has an awful dual exhaust under it. The tech said it was very restrictive being that it's only an inch and five quarters in diameter.

I did some research and found that Magnaflow makes an exhaust. The part number is 16831.

Inch and 5/4? You mean 2-1/4"?

lowlowe
09-12-12, 12:38 AM
I am in the process of installing the MagnaFlow dual on my '12 CTS 3.0 w single exhaust. It is not the easiest, as a bracket needs to be welded in on the right side to hold the back of the muffler up (along with cutting a hole in the rear lower valance for the tip). Also, needed to buy are the rubber "hangers" from the Caddy Dealer (parts need to be shipped in from Lansing, MI) to make sure the two pipes hang at the same level. I have been driving around for 2 days with a brand new CTS (600 miles on it) with one muffler on and one off basically at the cat. It sounds like a fart in a tin can right now, and I am pretty sure people think I am some punk kid who thinks it sounds great. I just need the bracket welded on, but no time until the weekend to weld it up.

tinman
09-12-12, 08:46 AM
Too bad you don't live in Jax.

Jazfreek
10-02-12, 09:35 PM
I just had a Magnaflow exhaust installed on my 2011 Sportswagon AWD. I found it $670 shipped and it sounds pretty nice.

traveler1
11-04-12, 11:38 AM
I'm looking to put 3.6 dual exhaust on 2011 cts 3.0, also. what about the warranty , will the change effect that.

smca
04-02-13, 04:34 PM
I would like to switch out the stock mufflers and tips on my CTS 3.0. Mainly I'm just looking for a better exhaust note and improving the rear image of the car with nicer, bigger tips. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

DWBFightgear
04-11-13, 07:41 PM
Im looking for a dual kit that comes out in the center of the valance!!!

btlfedcts
04-13-13, 12:51 PM
I would like to switch out the stock mufflers and tips on my CTS 3.0. Mainly I'm just looking for a better exhaust note and improving the rear image of the car with nicer, bigger tips. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Are you looking at this from a sound and aesthetic stand point or performance? If you want a little bump in sound and some nicer tips there are a few options. Do you have a coupe or sedan?

smca
04-21-13, 01:25 PM
Sound and aesthetics. I have a sedan.

btlfedcts
05-03-13, 10:27 AM
I would swap out the rear mufflers only and use these:

For a more mellow deep sound with little noise inside:
2 - 4x9x14 Offset inlet / Center Outlet in 2.25" (MagnaFlow 11225)

For a more deep sound with more cabin noise similar tailpipe noise:
2 - 4x9x11 Offset inlet / Center Outlet in 2.25" (MagnaFlow 11365)

smca
05-06-13, 02:12 AM
I'll look into those. Thanks!

sinistersix
06-07-13, 10:50 PM
Is there a bolt on kit for this or would it have to be custom? I know I would need a new rear valence but didn't know if a 3.6 kit would bolt up or not

sinistersix
06-13-13, 02:27 PM
No one has any thoughts or advice on this?

Tbbt
06-13-13, 03:12 PM
The thought for you is to search! Older 3.0 could be had with a dual exhaust. The rest is up to you!

sinistersix
06-13-13, 03:15 PM
Did a search, didnt really find what I was looking for in terms of a write up or parts list. Figured this type of mod would be a sticky!

Tbbt
06-13-13, 05:17 PM
You mean you don't want to "work" for information? Maybe you'll learn something in the process.

sinistersix
06-13-13, 05:22 PM
One of those guys I see, following my posts around and telling me to search. A search doesnt bring up the latest idea, trends, methods, and processes for doing custom work. Maybe there is a new kit? Maybe there is a new valance? Maybe someone has some problems after having it for 6 months that they didnt have when they first did it? Forums are about active 'discussion' and modern thought, not a document repository where people just go search all day. Im looking for the most up to date best practice on this subject, not something that is 2-3 years old. Maybe I should have started with 'So I did a search and didnt find what I wanted....here is my question' Feel better?

Tbbt
06-13-13, 05:41 PM
Sorry if I didn't match up with your feeling of "entitlement". Get over it!

You could go to a wrecking yard (the clue I gave you was that older CTS 3.0 had dual exhausts, and was found here by searching), go to a custom muffler shop, buy a bender and do your own work.....the possibilities are endless, just search, both here and the www internet.

Marv

sinistersix
06-13-13, 05:43 PM
Not entitled, I am just new to cadillacs so I wanted to check if they made any kits. It seems that they dont from what I can glean from your posts. I came from Chargers where they had kits to bolt up dual exhausts to singles, and had write ups of part numbers and what all was needed. I know that anything custom can be done, just didnt know if pre made kits were out there.

Tbbt
06-13-13, 05:49 PM
Not entitled, I am just new to cadillacs so I wanted to check if they made any kits. It seems that they dont from what I can glean from your posts. I came from Chargers where they had kits to bolt up dual exhausts to singles, and had write ups of part numbers and what all was needed. I know that anything custom can be done, just didnt know if pre made kits were out there.

Try this to see what will work.....

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=858744&ukey_make=1085&ukey_model=15737&modelYear=2010&ukey_category=22599&ukey_driveLine=8647&ukey_trimLevel=19775

dual exhaust for a 2010 3.0, but we don't know if you have a wagon or a sedan, RWD or AWD. All of these make a difference.

C "T" ess
06-17-13, 01:08 PM
Now,now boys, lets play nice. What Tbbt is saying is that there is no conversion kit. The easiest thing to do is find a used set-up from a 2010 or earlier. At the same time you should be able to get the proper rear bumper. Have your local salvage dealer do a country wide search. If he finds what you want it can be shipped to him. As an alternative do a search on eBay. If none of the parts are readily available you may find several salvage yards listing parts. you could contact them for availability. some parts are just not worth it to list. The only other option is to have the set-up you want custom made at a muffler shop and then figure a way to cut your bumper to accept the duals. I have never seen an aftermarket set up to accomplish what you want to do. Best of luck to you.

Car
01-15-15, 04:23 PM
My 3.0 luxury only has one exhaust. Where can i find like a magna flow or other aftermarket exhaust that'll fit it?

RenoCaddy
01-15-15, 11:32 PM
You can either buy a muffler from someone, or go full Monty and buy a lower rear valance with dual cut-outs and have a muffler shop install dual cat-backs. There are many threads here about aptions. I say go for it and do dual exhaust!

Car
01-17-15, 12:47 AM
like i said tho, my car only has one. id have to get a new bumper

AAIIIC
01-17-15, 01:33 AM
like i said tho, my car only has one. id have to get a new bumper
Which is why RenoCaddy's post said, "... buy a lower rear valance with dual cut-outs...". The valance is the lower part of the bumper.

Merged your thread with a number of other threads that have discussed this topic.