: two questions, alignment and pressure sensor computer calibration

big greg
04-02-13, 12:37 PM
first off is i just put some 22s on my car and its pulling a bit to the right, brand new tires, alignment done yesterday in to spec, everything has been replaced, still pulls right? wtf lol im planning on taking it back, and another issue is my pressure sensors do not like 39 psi which is crazy to me, i wanna go get the computer set at 42-45 high, how much has anybody been charged to use the tech 2?

Dadillac
04-02-13, 08:21 PM
Why are you running 39 psi in 22" tires? Your ride must be very harsh.

Don

big greg
04-02-13, 10:26 PM
Not at all actually the ride is better than the 235/50/18s I was running.

----------

You don't want the psi low damage to the rim is easier with the low psi. I just can't believe the warning comes on for 38ish psi you would think 26-45

----------

And the dealership by me wants 94$ to reprogram the computer ugh

Dadillac
04-03-13, 07:17 PM
I am no tire engineer, or even an expert, but I would think dropping the psi should be better on the wheels. Lower pressure should soften the sidewall some and allow some "cushion" for potholes and such. The higher the pressure stiffens the sidewall which I would think generates more energy to the wheel during an impact. Just my theory not a rule.

Don

big greg
04-03-13, 07:45 PM
That .makes sense. But I'm still boggled by the low high warning. I start off in the morning 35. And 10 minutes into driving they hit 40. Crazy. I just wanted a little buffer

Superjim
04-03-13, 09:15 PM
That .makes sense. But I'm still boggled by the low high warning. I start off in the morning 35. And 10 minutes into driving they hit 40. Crazy. I just wanted a little buffer

Mine have been at 40 lots of times and they do not come on, but I have the Performance Sedan.
Max pressure for the tires is 44psi...
I run 35 / 36 cold.

I do not know what the max pressure is that mine are set on.
On the LOW pressure side, they come on at 27 psi.

big greg
04-03-13, 09:30 PM
Just earlier they came on at 38. So I'm probably gonna cough up the dough to get it calibrated. Unless I can convince the snap on guy to borrow a scanner lol

CaddyMAK
04-03-13, 09:58 PM
Mine have been at 40 lots of times and they do not come on, but I have the Performance Sedan.
Max pressure for the tires is 44psi...
I run 35 / 36 cold.

I do not know what the max pressure is that mine are set on.
On the LOW pressure side, they come on at 27 psi.

Mine come on at 25 or 26. When I just had my new set of Primacys installed about a month ago the tech had them at like 38 psi...soon the message came on for the tire pressure. Is it bad to have it higher than the recommended 30 psi? I mean would it cause premature wear or something? Because the feel is better when the psi's are higher.

Superjim
04-03-13, 10:24 PM
Mine come on at 25 or 26. When I just had my new set of Primacys installed about a month ago the tech had them at like 38 psi...soon the message came on for the tire pressure. Is it bad to have it higher than the recommended 30 psi? I mean would it cause premature wear or something? Because the feel is better when the psi's are higher.

I would suggest trying 32 or 33 psi...
That way when the tires heat up from driving, it won't set off the TPMS, and it will still feel better than 30psi.