: trifecta tune

sandcracker21
04-02-13, 01:35 PM
Who here is running a cts with the trifecta tune? Any feedback on if it's worth it would be nice. Does it get rid of the acceleration lag? I'm so sick of gunning it then 2 seconds later the car takes off.

Dano636
04-02-13, 03:55 PM
All automatics have a bit of a lag in shifting as it takes a sec for the computer to realize you want full power and downshift but read through this thread and next time try a search:)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/251844-my-trifecta-ecm-tcm-tuning-experience.html

sandcracker21
04-03-13, 02:38 PM
But that thread is sooo long! :-)

And my automatic crown vic takes off the INSTANT I hit the gas. Is that so much to ask?

Tbbt
04-04-13, 12:52 PM
Sandcracker21,

Love it! You asked for feedback and you're too lazy to read the thread with all the feedback?

People here are around to spoon feed you? No pain, no gain!

Good luck, Marv

Pdabs
04-04-13, 03:18 PM

And my automatic crown vic takes off the INSTANT I hit the gas. Is that so much to ask?

You shouldn't get it. You wouldn't be able to handle the installation.

6.2/3.6
04-04-13, 03:51 PM
Hmmm, spoonfeed? That sounds like today's typical voter, oops I guess this is the wrong forum for that. Knowledge is a bad thing to have.

sandcracker21
04-04-13, 07:28 PM
No, I read it all and my question is not answered in that thread

Tbbt
04-04-13, 09:22 PM
No, I read it all and my question is not answered in that thread

Sooooo.....you must have missed posts 29, 61 and 90 when you read the 'whole thread'. They seem to answer your question on the TCM tuning changes. If you have further questions, email wag-o-neer or maybe WRX transformed and get their personal opinion after they've experienced some miles with the tune, that would be the best advice I could give you.

I'm not experiencing what you are seeing, with my 2010, but I do use the M shift mode when I need to accelerate for passing, etc. Maybe you should try that and see how it works for you.

good Luck, Marv

sandcracker21
04-05-13, 01:30 AM
I want more than 'transmission shift firm now' I want to know about the throttle response

Dano636
04-05-13, 08:54 AM

Oh really, ive drove a crown vic...even with the Police Interceptor pkg its hardly instant!!! And does not have 6spd tranny.

I want more than 'transmission shift firm now' I want to know about the throttle response

If you want throttle response get a CAI, VMAX iceolator and CNC ported throttle body.
I have those three and it makes a huge dif!!!
I'm still trying to get the tune to work:stirpot:

WRXtranceformed
04-05-13, 02:45 PM
For me anyway, the most noticeable difference in throttle response with the tune is when you use 93 octane. The car just feels less slugish. I have the Iceolater as well which made a little bit of an impact on throttle response. On regular fuel, the tune and spacer really just let the car pull harder.

No matter what out of this gen CTS, you can't really expect instant throttle response or downshifts like you see on the dual clutch transmissions (Audi, VW, etc.)...especially in the boosted cars.

ajazolino
04-06-13, 09:10 AM
For me anyway, the most noticeable difference in throttle response with the tune is when you use 93 octane. The car just feels less slugish. I have the Iceolater as well which made a little bit of an impact on throttle response. On regular fuel, the tune and spacer really just let the car pull harder.

No matter what out of this gen CTS, you can't really expect instant throttle response or downshifts like you see on the dual clutch transmissions (Audi, VW, etc.)...especially in the boosted cars.

Agreed. Love the 93 octane on my tune as well. I have the CAI and iceolator along with the tune, and I love how the car performs. I have RWD, and I get a second gear chirp, which is nice to hear every now and again.

btlfedcts
04-07-13, 09:03 PM
Nothing happen in an instant with 4000 lbs of car to push and ~300 Hp