: Answering Machine

majax
01-08-05, 03:31 PM
How many of you have anything special for your answering machines? I was thinking about making a jingle or something for my voicemail. Something like Georges was on Seinfeld:histeric:

Any sugestions ans to what song I should sing to.

Ralph
01-08-05, 03:39 PM
I just let the "Panasonic" voice do the greeting for me, that way, everytime a friend calls they think the have the wrong number. :lildevil:

majax
01-08-05, 03:42 PM
:histeric:

here are my lyrics, you kinda need the jingle for them to make sense.

believe it or not alex can't answer his cell, please leave a message at the beep, It must off or i would answer the phone, What am I doing^? believe it or not I'm busy^.

Talk about to much time on my hands:rolleyes2

Ralph
01-08-05, 03:44 PM
:histeric:

here are my lyrics, you kinda need the jingle for them to make sense.

believe it or not alex can't answer his cell, please leave a message at the beep, It must off or i would answer the phone, What am I doing^? believe it or not I'm busy^.

Talk about to much time on my hands:rolleyes2

Can I modify that for you?? :D

majax
01-08-05, 03:47 PM
yeah sure!

Where could I find a sound editor, free:hmm:
I want to filter our a voice.

Msilva954
01-08-05, 04:16 PM
Classic part of any episode on that show....."BELIEVE IT OR NOT......."

hahaha...I love that...

Sandy
01-08-05, 04:24 PM
During the past summer, when I got fed up with everybody,
I made the following recording:--

"This is Sandy. I am outside, in the driveway, once again trying to wash the paint off of my car!! Yes, I'm washing it again!! After I finish the outside, and before I do the inside, I'll call 'ya back ~ if you leave your name & number at the sound of the burn-out!

majax
01-08-05, 04:28 PM
Why did your neighboors keep calling to tell you to stop washing your cars;) lol

davesdeville
01-08-05, 05:51 PM
My voicemail says "Me llamo GGGGEEEEOOOOORRRRGGGGGEEEEEE PANTALONES! Please leave a message after the beep," then I recorded a fake beep to juke people into starting to leave a message, then the T Mobile lady says "Please leave a message after the beep," then the real beep comes. George Pantalones is my South-of-the-border name, most of my friends have them, like Enrico Suave (accent the E in suave), Hacito Fuentes, Dollero Guillermo...

majax
01-08-05, 06:49 PM
"My name is George Pants":hmm:

Great Idea with the whole beep thing

majax
01-08-05, 07:27 PM
Here is the tune I want it to go to:p

http://www.mamut.com/homepages/Sweden/3/16/kramerica/george.mp3

davesdeville
01-08-05, 10:34 PM
"My name is George Pants":hmm:

Great Idea with the whole beep thing

Do not question the South of the border names. I recently realised that SNL has a character who's Fericito's band leader named Manuel Pantalones, I thought I was the only Pantalones.

The extra beep throws people every time, they always get a bit mad about it on the message they leave.

Spock
01-09-05, 02:55 AM
Mine is Spock of course.

"Greetings, there are no lifeforms available right now, but if you leave a proper verbal communication, we shall get back to you as soon as possible...live long and prosper"

klebrun
01-09-05, 04:03 AM
Mine is Spock of course.

"Greetings, there are no lifeforms available right now, but if you leave a proper verbal communication, we shall get back to you as soon as possible...live long and prosper"

Logical...flawlessly logical.

http://www.wavsource.com/tv/tv.htm

D148L0
01-09-05, 02:32 PM
Mine is Spock of course.

Tee hee!

davesdeville
01-09-05, 06:16 PM

A bit nerdy dont you think?

Spock
01-09-05, 08:43 PM
You're talking to the person who gives a "Vulcan high-five" to his friends.

Nerdy? I have likes as other people do, and am who I am. Commander Spock, chief science officer of the USS-Enterprise and second in command, starfleet service number S179-276SP!:histeric:

Set your phasers to aroused!

klebrun
01-09-05, 10:41 PM
That's service # S179-276SP.011 to be exact.

LacSeville
01-09-05, 10:57 PM
Mine used to be...

"Leave a message, but just know that I've been making some changes in my life.... If I don't call you back, it's because you are one of 'em"

That's when I was a young and juvenile... Now Cingular does most of my talking.

Night Wolf
01-09-05, 11:11 PM
I used to have a fancy message

then I got tired of it and let the Cell One voice thing do it... you just say your name

The caller you have reached ::: Rick Cusa::: cannot be reached at this time blah blah blah

works well :) I was thinking of just saying BLAHHHH or something... but people know who they are calling.... gotta sound kinda prefessional :)

Spock
01-09-05, 11:26 PM
That's service # S179-276SP.011 to be exact.

Really? I don't recall him saying that in the episode. Upon googling I can't find .011 either. Or is this a stardate joke...

klebrun
01-10-05, 12:13 AM
Really? I don't recall him saying that in the episode. Upon googling I can't find .011 either. Or is this a stardate joke...

Naw, not a stardate joke. Just a reference to when Spock is always correcting Kirk on statistics, such as in The Doomsday Machine regarding a fusion explosion of an impulse engine.

Have you gotten a chance to check out that link? There may be some soundbites you could add to your answering machine. If you so choose, that is.

davesdeville
01-10-05, 12:48 AM
Oh good God.

Spock
01-10-05, 09:55 PM
Yes I actually listened to almost all of them! I bookmarked that website faster than Elton John running to a sunglasses sale. :histeric:

Sadly my answering machine only allows for 30 seconds, which is the exact amount for my current message. I'm thinking of piecing together a bunch of them and making a message.

Oh, I musta missed his full number then...your trek-fu is good! :)

Quiz: What is the reliants prefix code? no google! Which happens to not not be my PIN number...

STS 310
01-10-05, 10:11 PM
Yes I actually listened to almost all of them! I bookmarked that website faster than Elton John running to a sunglasses sale. :histeric:

Or Boy's Town.

My message is simple. " I have caller I.D., If you mean anything in this world, I would have answered. Dont bother with a message, you suck.

God Damn telemarketers dont get it.

klebrun
01-10-05, 10:44 PM

Sadly my answering machine only allows for 30 seconds, which is the exact amount for my current message. I'm thinking of piecing together a bunch of them and making a message.

Oh, I musta missed his full number then...your trek-fu is good! :)

Quiz: What is the reliants prefix code? no google! Which happens to not not be my PIN number...

Oh man, I think it is 17609? You got me there, it's been awhile since I've watched the Wrath of Kahn. I wonder if there's any wavefiles from the movies that can be downloaded for an answering machine/cell phone.

Now I'll google it...16309!! Almost!