: timing chain and rear differential

hicks1858
04-02-13, 08:12 AM
Im new to this forum so here we go. I just had my catalytic converter in the shop and was dianosed with a p0430 and was told that was a catalyst efficiency code. Ok I then had cadillac replace the catalytic converter. I drove the car and now its misfiring. The car was surging before I took the car there but they went and replaced the cat anyway. I thought that was the problem which they had diagnosed it with a previous week. I did not have the money at the time. Ok I bring the car back and now am told that the timing chain needs to be replaced a second time. $16-1900 and then am told not to drive the car because I will burn out the cat? Why was I not told that in the first place when I could have had the timing chain done at the time. It cost me $846.00 to do the cat. Now Im told that the rear differential bushing needs to be replaced again yet a second time. Im just at my wits with this car and is changing this timing chain a DIY. I currently have about 162000 miles on the 2007 cadillac srx..had the timing chain and rear differential bushings replaced at 57000mi. Is it normal for these to wear so fast and the rear diffirential bushing replacement is $500.00 labor. This will most likely be my last cadillac. I understand that a luxury car has high maintenance but for it to have the same recurring problems which is pretty expensive to fix is just not worth it.
My vin# 1GYEE637770143213

jcarrme
04-14-13, 12:45 PM
Im new to this forum so here we go. I just had my catalytic converter in the shop and was dianosed with a p0430 and was told that was a catalyst efficiency code. Ok I then had cadillac replace the catalytic converter. I drove the car and now its misfiring. The car was surging before I took the car there but they went and replaced the cat anyway. I thought that was the problem which they had diagnosed it with a previous week. I did not have the money at the time. Ok I bring the car back and now am told that the timing chain needs to be replaced a second time. $16-1900 and then am told not to drive the car because I will burn out the cat? Why was I not told that in the first place when I could have had the timing chain done at the time. It cost me $846.00 to do the cat. Now Im told that the rear differential bushing needs to be replaced again yet a second time. Im just at my wits with this car and is changing this timing chain a DIY. I currently have about 162000 miles on the 2007 cadillac srx..had the timing chain and rear differential bushings replaced at 57000mi. Is it normal for these to wear so fast and the rear diffirential bushing replacement is $500.00 labor. This will most likely be my last cadillac. I understand that a luxury car has high maintenance but for it to have the same recurring problems which is pretty expensive to fix is just not worth it.
My vin# 1GYEE637770143213

You're lucky compared to me. I bought my SRX new in Dec 2007. I currently have 63,000 miles on it. So far I have had to replace 3 universal joints, 2 wheel bearings, the steering wheel twice , 2 sets of tire rods and most recently the timing chain. Luckily I bought an extended warranty so I not had to pay for anything...This is my first and my last Cadillac I will ever buy.

conedoctor
04-15-13, 10:30 AM
You're lucky compared to me. I bought my SRX new in Dec 2007. I currently have 63,000 miles on it. So far I have had to replace 3 universal joints, 2 wheel bearings, the steering wheel twice , 2 sets of tire rods and most recently the timing chain. Luckily I bought an extended warranty so I not had to pay for anything...This is my first and my last Cadillac I will ever buy.

Troll

orandaberg
04-15-13, 03:17 PM
I feel your frustration,last Caddy or GM I will ever buy.