: 06 DTS vibration

havana1917
04-01-13, 03:10 PM
My '06 DTS is currently suffering from a tire/wheel vibration between 55-65 mph. Feels like it's coming from the pass. side rear as the shake is not in the steering wheel but in the seat. I can watch the pass. front seat shake when I feel it. The car has four brand new Michelin Primacy MXV4's that have been Road Force balanced twice. It seems to help for a couple of weeks then starts creeping back into the picture. I've had these tires before and never a problem, I don't understand what's going on. 70, 75, 80, 85 mph smooth as glass. I've driven the car over 100mph and it's perfect. Just 55-65pmh.

rrcarlisle
04-03-13, 08:44 AM
I have this same problem on a 2011 dts - my mechanic says i keep bending the rims hitting potholes. Apparently the DTS rims are subject to easy bending, i am still searching for a solution. I have had them replaced twice under warranty and they refuse to do it again.

stormnn
04-03-13, 08:56 AM
I bought the same tires in Feb. & had the same problem, They got them perfect on the 3rd. balance.
Norm

grullon10
04-03-13, 09:11 PM
You to do roadforce balacing look around where you live and ask if the do roadforce balance. That will work.

----------

You have look around where you live for roadforce balance.

CaddyMAK
04-03-13, 11:05 PM
It may be the CV. I remember someone posting something about it recently. He was chasing down a shudder and no one could find it. It ended up being the axle.

Stepside
04-06-13, 09:56 AM
---> If you care to try an unorthodox method . . .

Keep all Road Force Balance weights on wheel.

Remove wheel and 'bubble balance' :suspense: mark bubble balance weight.

:suspect: Reinstall & test.

Sounds far out but, I know a guy that had success with it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-06-13, 11:37 PM
My '06 DTS is currently suffering from a tire/wheel vibration between 55-65 mph. Feels like it's coming from the pass. side rear as the shake is not in the steering wheel but in the seat. I can watch the pass. front seat shake when I feel it. The car has four brand new Michelin Primacy MXV4's that have been Road Force balanced twice. It seems to help for a couple of weeks then starts creeping back into the picture. I've had these tires before and never a problem, I don't understand what's going on. 70, 75, 80, 85 mph smooth as glass. I've driven the car over 100mph and it's perfect. Just 55-65pmh.

Hello havana1917,

I am sorry your vehicle is experiencing issues with vibration between the 55-65 mph frame. I advise taking it into a dealership and having them go on a test drive with you at that speed on a highway. The dealership will be able to correctly diagnose your vehicle. I am more then happy to set up an appointment for you. If you could please private message us some information such as your name, address, phone number, VIN# and current mileage, I am more then happy to help assist you with this concern.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

kstar913
05-07-13, 10:52 PM
Laura M.
I too having similar issue with 06 DTS with 49K. New brakes & rotors too! Help!