: NY Auto Show 2014 CTS-V

Pphilthy
04-01-13, 12:10 PM

neuronbob
04-01-13, 12:24 PM
Sigh. That's a CTS Vsport with the 420 hp 3.6TT, not a real CTS-V, and it's a repost.

hulksdaddy
04-01-13, 12:37 PM
If guys who are into the car enough to post on a forum don't know the difference, what hope is there the average Joe will?

JFJr
04-01-13, 12:45 PM
Yeah, an unfortunate choice by Cadillac. It could have been named "CTS Sport." The "V" has acquired a reputation and that shouldn't be muddied.

Jud

Pphilthy
04-01-13, 12:59 PM
Enjoy the pictures and stop your whining :)

hulksdaddy
04-01-13, 01:31 PM
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/jenniferjobe77/kissmyass.jpg

:D

neuronbob
04-01-13, 01:52 PM

OK, I will. :D :thumbsup:

austin
04-01-13, 04:35 PM
Ok,,,,,,, So this is the showing of the new 2014 CTS "V-Sport",,,,,,, And "NOT" the 2014 "CTS-V";

http://youtu.be/XkPYG9r-ZvE

http://youtu.be/nd6FRLMV_so

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2014/1860575/cadillac_cts_vsport.html

jason427
04-01-13, 10:10 PM
Someone clarify. Is this the next cts-v as the guy in the video even calls it that and there is a v badge on the back? Or is this a confusing v-sport that is between the cts and the cts-v. Excuse my ignorance. If this is not the real V will the real one have V8 or more power out of this TT V6????
Thanks
Jason

Block
04-01-13, 10:22 PM
Someone clarify. Is this the next cts-v as the guy in the video even calls it that and there is a v badge on the back? Or is this a confusing v-sport that is between the cts and the cts-v. Excuse my ignorance. If this is not the real V will the real one have V8 or more power out of this TT V6????
Thanks
Jason

Really dude? Look at the 2nd post in this thread.

I think I'm done with this site.

hulksdaddy
04-01-13, 10:36 PM

But, but, where will we ever find enough people to make up for your 13 posts?!?!

:crying:

jason427
04-01-13, 10:38 PM
WTF is your problem? I have not been up on CTS-V info and was asking a question and even wrote "excuse my ignorance" on the subject.

2nd post did not seem to have any concrete info and did not answer my question on V8 or pumped up version of vsport V6

What a tool....

V-Roll
04-01-13, 11:54 PM
Whatever, it's an ugly boring looking car. The old farts that bought a DTS will be happy with this thing. Get in your V2 and move on there's nothing to see here.

Jinx
04-02-13, 04:20 AM
If guys who are into the car enough to post on a forum don't know the difference, what hope is there the average Joe will?

Everything is going according to plan :)

BTW, what score did you get on the cadillacforums.com entrance exam?

neuronbob
04-02-13, 06:01 AM
WTF is your problem? I have not been up on CTS-V info and was asking a question and even wrote "excuse my ignorance" on the subject.

2nd post did not seem to have any concrete info and did not answer my question on V8 or pumped up version of vsport V6

What a tool....

My post gave exactly the information about what the car in the first post is, including the engine info, as officially released by Cadillac last week. There is no 3G CTS-V information yet. The V badge in the picture is different from that used for the true CTS-V. If you go to the Cadillac website you can confirm what I am saying as there are pics galore. Not being harsh, just directing you for verification.

I think I'm going to forward this thread to Katie to move on to her superiors.

It is clear that Cadillac has made an error with badging at a minimum. Hopefully they see the confusion manifest in multiple threads among newbies and will make a change before release.

hulksdaddy
04-02-13, 08:53 AM
Everything is going according to plan :)

BTW, what score did you get on the cadillacforums.com entrance exam?

And what nefarious plan might that be? :bunny:

Aced it. Of course, I cheated. :contract:

garfin
04-02-13, 09:46 AM
I think I'm going to forward this thread to Katie to move on to her superiors.

It is clear that Cadillac has made an error with badging at a minimum. Hopefully they see the confusion manifest in multiple threads among newbies and will make a change before release.

You'd think GM would have learned a lesson about bastardizing a name where a ton of equity had been developed over the years... specifically the "SS" badge which Chevrolet figured they could slap on FWD V6 cars, various trucks and even a 4 cylinder model thrown in for good measure. That raised a lot of ire in the enthusiast community and has taken a long time to fix. Hopefully, Cadillac will not do the same with the "V" name, as they have done a great job of building that high performance niche of their model line-up.

Best regards,

Elie

Jinx
04-02-13, 11:37 AM
You think it's an error, but this is what they want -- to expand the V brand, to sell more premium cars. A little confusion this early isn't the mortal wound y'all make it out to be. It's still very early, there's very little information on the new cars so far. More info will come with press first drives, which is another chance to define the brand, and then full road tests and comparison tests. Vsport will be gently associated with but differentiated from the prior CTS-V with each go-round, along with the famous smiling "we can't discuss future product" when the hacks ask about the next CTS-V. Which might not even be called CTS-V...

youknooow
04-02-13, 01:55 PM

If you currently own a V-series Caddy I make a motion to have your V badges removed immediately! :)

RippyPartsDept
04-02-13, 02:39 PM
If anyone actually wants to watch the announcement video it's right here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHb_owhLypQ
at the end of the 10th minute he starts talking about the Vsport and explains pretty clearly what it is and how it fits into the lineup

if you can be bothered to watch this video you'll learn a lot about this new model

V2 BRAWN
04-02-13, 04:26 PM
Is there definitive news about the future release of a "V" model (other than the V Sport)? Or, is it speculation that there will be a separate V model? Reason I ask is because I heard at the V Lab event in Austin last November that the twin turbo V6 was going to be the new top power plant for CTS line. I also heard there that the wagon was done. Please point me to the information.

My takeaway from the information in the video above is that for each model, Cadillac will have an available V-Sport performance upgrade . It appears they have bred the V image to propagate across all lines rather than the unique domain of the CTS. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way I see it.

RippyPartsDept
04-02-13, 04:48 PM
the V-series has always been released a year after the base model
this third generation gets a Vsport released with the base (kind of staves off the hunger of wanting the Vseries)
expect leaks and teasers for the rest of the year and a formal announcement at one of the auto shows next go 'round

the Vseries has always been imagined (and realized across the lines ... xlr-v? sts-v?)
but they will not go across all models with the Vseries (no escalade-v or xts-v)
there might be an xts Vsport though ... we'll have to wait and see what they call the xts with the TTV6

shchow
04-02-13, 06:11 PM
Since my lease is coming due in 3 months, I just got off the phone with my SA.
Apparently there will be a limited production of current generation V for model year 2014 in order to bridge the gap when the actual V3 comes out for 2015 model year.
He is going to have more information for me later this week as to when those 2014 Vs can be ordered/configured.

JimmyH
04-02-13, 08:13 PM
If BMW can do it...

JFJr
04-02-13, 08:23 PM
Let the Germans confuse and overcomplicate, they're experts at that; why don't we be different and simplify and dominate? European desperation shouldn't influence our thinking.

Jud

JimmyH
04-02-13, 10:48 PM
You're preaching to the choir.

V2 BRAWN
04-03-13, 11:09 AM
Chris, I yield to your experience and admit that I don't know and am only searching for the information as is everyone else.

That said, here is what piqued my interest:

This all new engine [420hp twin turbo] will be offered in a new line called Vsport. Vsport is an extension of Cadillac's legendary V Series; combining standard cars highest performing components all in a single model.

Historical precedence within GM is that they have eliminated what was a separate model (such as Chevelle SS in 1969) and turned it in to an option package. This will cut their production cost and make it easier to plan. I don't see them adding a V model to compete with the Vsport. Just my opinion. I guess we will know shortly.

RippyPartsDept
04-03-13, 12:37 PM
that is the exact quote that i was interested in others hearing in the video
thanks for quoting it

what i take away from that and would like to emphasize to others is that they are saying that the Vsport is "an extension" of the Vseries ... not replacing it
so they are expanding their performance offerings with the Vsport ... it's not just a package to make a regular CTS look like a Vseries
it's a half-step from the regular CTS towards the Vseries

also let me remind you that this is not the GM of 1969 (or even the GM of 2005)
and Cadillac is really focused on moving forward and becoming more profitable so that they can build the flagship vehicle that will be a halo car for the brand

the Vsport is one step that allows them to do that ... it takes a bit of the pedigree from the Vseries and makes it available to a wider range of customers who for whatever reason aren't going to buy a Vseries but would buy the Vsport

JimmyH
04-03-13, 03:22 PM
I know it's just semantics. But I don't think they should call it the V-sport. They should just call it the CTS Sport. Let the performance speak for itself.

RippyPartsDept
04-03-13, 03:56 PM
well it's more than semantics ... it's marketing!

DiamondWhtV
04-03-13, 04:34 PM
With the power output and torque of the new CTS VSport - I really think it will take away some the sales of the VSeries in the long run. They said that the VSport won't replace the VSeries, but I am not so sure about that. From dollars and cents, the VSport would be a perfect choice for most owners of Cadillacs looking for performance and luxury over what the more costly VSeries is or the sport type imports. I know that alot of folks here on this forum would like to be the top dog when it comes to the HP against the imports, but there is a trade off that GM will consider over our wishes. If sales drop on the CTS VSeries it will go by the wayside. JMHO

RippyPartsDept
04-03-13, 04:39 PM
that might be a good thing (fincacialy) for Cadillac ... maybe they have positioned the Vsport to have the higher profit margin than the Vseries and if they sell twice as many Vsports this year as they sold Vseries last year they'll make twice as much money (without even having a Vseries to sell) and then next year add the Vseries to the lineup... $$$$$$$

thebigjimsho
04-03-13, 05:45 PM

Really? We'll miss you?

DiamondWhtV
04-03-13, 06:12 PM
that might be a good thing (fincacialy) for Cadillac ... maybe they have positioned the Vsport to have the higher profit margin than the Vseries and if they sell twice as many Vsports this year as they sold Vseries last year they'll make twice as much money (without even having a Vseries to sell) and then next year add the Vseries to the lineup... $$$$$$$

Could be...but the cost of development for a new VSeries CTS will demand that sales will exceed that cost. Cadillac (or GM) will not lose money on any model that doesn't sell enough. The more I think about this the more I am inclined to believe that the new upcoming VSeries is already here with the new VSport. JMHO

1997BlackETC
04-03-13, 10:14 PM
Could be...but the cost of development for a new VSeries CTS will demand that sales will exceed that cost. Cadillac (or GM) will not lose money on any model that doesn't sell enough. The more I think about this the more I am inclined to believe that the new upcoming VSeries is already here with the new VSport. JMHO

Ya, that's kinda my line of thinking, that there will not be another CTS-V for 2015 as everyone thinks, it will be the Vsport from now on. In a lot of ways this is a good thing, our V's will hold their value better as there is nothing to replace them. Same thing, well sorta the same thing happened with my last car a 2008 Pontiac G8GT, only 2 years of production and the car was done, they where well reviewed by the magazines and demand was high for the used ones making them hold their value the best I've ever seen in any car. I drove mine 3 years and 36k miles and sold it for what I paid 3 years earlier.

hulksdaddy
04-03-13, 10:31 PM
There will be another CTS-V. Bank on it.

Kluch
04-03-13, 10:36 PM

Chevy just announced the z/28- a car which cost a lot to develop but will see limited production. The presence of a high performance segment has a great deal to do with brand viability. And cadillac is alive and kicking!

thebigjimsho
04-04-13, 01:27 AM
There WILL be another true CTS-V. You guys are crazy...

Jinx
04-04-13, 01:51 AM
Borrow an engine from a Corvette, buy bigger brakes, whip up a new front fascia, send the nerds out to tweak the chassis for the extra mass, order some more five-color V badges, Miller Time.

The Vsport amortizes a lot of what the V needs. It'll happen. It might be too expensive for some V2 buyers, similar to the way V2 was too expensive for some V1 buyers. And it might take more than twelve months before we see it. But it'll happen.

Pphilthy
04-04-13, 03:16 PM
Chevy just announced the z/28- a car which cost a lot to develop but will see limited production. The presence of a high performance segment has a great deal to do with brand viability. And cadillac is alive and kicking!

Kluch
04-04-13, 11:04 PM
That is one sexy camaro! I would have loved a limited edition V with the LS7 for 2013 or 14. Instead they just gave us 2 lame (frankly) colors.

garfin
04-05-13, 07:47 PM
That is one sexy camaro! I would have loved a limited edition V with the LS7 for 2013 or 14. Instead they just gave us 2 lame (frankly) colors.

Ask and ye shall receive! Here ya go! From SLP... http://slpcars.com/?page_id=1032
...and currently available:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&listingId=112599476&aff=criteo&BAC=CRTpdB728dyb

Best regards,

Elie

RaVeNous
04-05-13, 07:50 PM
The Z28 is better looking than the Z if you ask me.

Kluch
04-05-13, 10:11 PM
Thanks Elie, but I meant a limited edition CTS-V with the LS7 would have been cooler than the limited edition colors we got instead. But thanks for the links and cool pics!

thebigjimsho
04-05-13, 10:46 PM

Agreed. It's what I'd rock if I were to get a Camaro...

----------

Thanks Elie, but I meant a limited edition CTS-V with the LS7 would have been cooler than the limited edition colors we got instead. But thanks for the links and cool pics!

That engine needs a lighter weight to be dragging around than our Vs...

----------

BTW, I'll be at the show tomorrow. Just doing a day trip with my brother and father. Down by about 11, out by about 5...

JFJr
04-06-13, 03:29 PM
How about the LS7 for the ATS-V instead? That plus the Tremec 6070? It has a certain symmetry and the soundtrack would be amazing.

Jud

Jinx
04-06-13, 03:39 PM
LS7 would be tasty, but probably more powerful and less efficient than Cadillac would like.

JimmyH
04-06-13, 03:55 PM
Ls7 would make the atsv too expensive.

JFJr
04-06-13, 04:09 PM
Aw guys you're raining on my parade! We could call it the ATS-V427. That ought to bring in the customers. Ha haa!

Jud

austin
04-06-13, 05:56 PM

I wish they would bring back the older style RS hidden pop-up headlights... I think that would be cool. :)

JimmyH
04-06-13, 07:32 PM
Popup headlights. Just one more thing to break (said the guy with a 92 Saturn that had one headlight stuck in the down position)

ctsvdallas
04-14-13, 12:06 PM
New CTS is gorgeous...rear end...mehh. Would need to see in person. Now that new Z28....Damn!!

RaVeNous
04-14-13, 02:06 PM
Z28 rear is so so. It looks a little subdued and Kia'ish but ill wait to see in person before making final judgment. The interesting thing is, there is something about the new Camaro that has captured back something that was lost between the concept and the production model, and its a good thing.

Jinx
04-14-13, 03:58 PM
Popup headlights. Just one more thing to break (said the guy with a 92 Saturn that had one headlight stuck in the down position)

I'm pretty sure that was every guy with a 92 Saturn.

(Coupe, obviously.)

garfin
04-14-13, 05:10 PM

Those pop-up/hideaway headlights cost GM a small fortune in warranty claims on the C3, C4, C5 Corvette, 1st Gen Camaro and 3rd & 4th Gen Firebirds as well. Forgot about the Saturns. They will not be back.

Best regards,

Elie

JimmyH
04-14-13, 06:16 PM
After the second winter I pulled the motor fuses to keep them up all the time. Looked crappy but at least I could drive at night.