: missing on 2 cylinders and new ball joins. lol

boomys10
04-01-13, 12:25 PM
i need new ball joints and wanted to get some input as the best ones to get. i have a shop that will replace all ball joints in car (my request since they will be there figured just do them all, screw it..) for $250 labor plus the cost of the joints. how hard as they to do and would it be worth doing myself?

also, had a mechanic friend drive the car since the top end has been acting very werid lately, he found out its missing on two cyclinder causing the car to run rich on the top. picking up some tr6's (should i get 7's with the smaller pulley and intake??) and he is installing for free, so im happy about that for sure! hope it makes a big difference, car is still running on stockers currenty..

TimmyC
04-01-13, 01:50 PM
I run tr7ix in mine.

Are you doing all the ball joints in the front our the whole car? There are at least 4 in the back as well and they are not technically replaceable. GM says to replace the whole arm. I think it is possible to do just the joints but I have not tried it. Let us know what happens. We'll all need it eventually.

boomys10
04-01-13, 02:46 PM
then i guess ill tell them to replace all of them and see if the back can even be done. lol

1madstsv
04-01-13, 07:16 PM
The front ones are also part of the arm not replaceable the arm is $225-260 back I don't know. And tr7 will be fine under 18 psi. Gap to 35-37.

TimmyC
04-01-13, 08:51 PM
The front ones are also part of the arm not replaceable the arm is $225-260 back I don't know. And tr7 will be fine under 18 psi. Gap to 35-37.

That's what I was getting at.

Gap is what I run also. I had to go down to .025 with the turbo to prevent blow out.

boomys10
04-01-13, 09:36 PM
where the hell do you get the tr7s from? i cant find them anywhere locally.. guess this venture just got more expensive quickly. went around a corner and slow speed and had a HUGE pop from front end. pretty sure its the ball joints, does it VERY occasionally but still does it dont want the thing ripping apart on me ya know..

TimmyC
04-01-13, 09:52 PM
I can get them for you. PM me and I'll get you a price tomorrow.