: Torque steer with 2.0 awd

myronf
03-31-13, 08:56 PM
I drove a 2.0 with awd yesterday and was a little surprised at the torque steer. Not terrible but definitely there.

Myron

Stevo Supremo
03-31-13, 11:00 PM
weird, wouldn't figure with the AWD and it being rear wheel Biased. If I give the gas too hard the back end starts getting squirrly lol!

hej
03-31-13, 11:18 PM
This is pretty disappointing. I thought the ATS was supposed to have a more advanced AWD system, and as Steve mentioned I wouldn't expect torque steer from a RWD based system.

Stevo Supremo
04-01-13, 01:56 AM
I was himming and hawing about getting the AWD.. but the thought of a RWD 6speed manual was just too exciting to pass up, so I skipped on the AWD.

Yplus
04-01-13, 08:27 AM
I've never felt any torque steer in my AWD. I'm not even sure it's possible with the drivetrain setup in the ATS.

myronf
04-01-13, 08:33 AM
Just get on the freeway. Cruise at 50 mph. Step on it, and you will find that the car will head for the lane to your left. Let off the gas and it will straighten out.

Bertha D Blues
04-01-13, 09:18 AM
Just get on the freeway. Cruise at 50 mph. Step on it, and you will find that the car will head for the lane to your left. Let off the gas and it will straighten out.
I have never felt torque steer in mine, with or without traction control on. Front drive is via a viscous coupling of some sort. I raised one front tire off the ground and was surprised that I could spin that tire and watch the front driveshaft turn even with the car in park and the other three tires on the ground.

slepr
04-04-13, 12:52 AM
Not a hint of torque steer in mine. Even with the highway scenario you describe.

jph
04-04-13, 02:44 AM

Sounds more like an alignment problem.

J.

myronf
04-04-13, 08:40 AM
Sounds like I might have had a bad one. The salesman acknowledged the behavior.

pever
04-04-13, 09:35 AM
More than 6 hours highway driving yesterday. I did not see a repeat of the OP's experience either.