: iPhone 5 no longer works as media device

xtheunknown
03-31-13, 02:09 PM
Is it really too much to ask that my phone works reliably in my $35,000 car? I used to be able to play music from my phone, but now it just stopped working. Any ideas?

turbo2.0
03-31-13, 02:59 PM
Did it stop streaming via Bluetooth or with the usb cable?

kmb32687
03-31-13, 03:49 PM
I have a same problem with iPhone 5 too. Im having hard time to connect it the bluetooth. It just won't connect it at all. Anyone have this problem?

Im plan to go back to dealership and see what's up. I will keep you guys update about this.

xtheunknown
03-31-13, 03:51 PM
Did it stop streaming via Bluetooth or with the usb cable?

By the cable. I didn't think you could stream music via Bluetooth on the base, non-CUE, radio.

kmb32687
04-01-13, 11:47 PM
Finally I was able to connect it. But if you jailbreak your phone, it won't connect the bluetooth at all. Jailbreak issue.....

xtheunknown
04-08-13, 10:30 AM
Now, the audio decided to stop working altogether. The lights on the steering wheel went dark, the big clock showed on the display and none of the buttons on the upper part of the control cluster worked. After it sat for a couple of hours, I started the car and everything was fine. Very weird. I had scheduled a service appointment for this morning but figured that now that it was working, what was the point.