: 4.6L 32 valve water in oil

pixelpadre
03-31-13, 11:06 AM
OK, wifes eldorado overheated. Some bad signs of water in oil and exhaust puff coming out of radiator cap.

I took off the intake and their were pools of oil and water sitting on top of the engine. I noticed that there are a bunch of these round plug like caps scattered across the top of the engine. Not sure what they are but one of them is cracked along the side. I have a photo on my smart phone and will post it if necessary. Could the leak be coming from that or are these plugs not relevant to oil discharge?

Thanks

Submariner409
04-03-13, 09:39 PM
"Other engines" is the wrong forum. Moved to Northstar. PLEASE read the descriptive text in each forum title - it tells you what gets posted where.

What year is the car ? It makes a difference in intake manifold configuration and ignition coil arrangement. No idea of "plug caps" under the intake manifold. Exhaust puff out of the coolant reservoir cap ???

Manic Mechanic
04-04-13, 01:19 AM
A photo will be necessary to determine what caps your question concerns. But from the sounds of it an external oil leak is the least of your engine concerns.

Vernon

Ranger
04-04-13, 12:24 PM
PLEASE, update your profile to show the model and year.

We need a lot more info. I am as confused as everyone else. :bonkers:

pixelpadre
04-05-13, 05:51 PM
"Other engines" is the wrong forum. Moved to Northstar. PLEASE read the descriptive text in each forum title - it tells you what gets posted where.

What year is the car ? It makes a difference in intake manifold configuration and ignition coil arrangement. No idea of "plug caps" under the intake manifold. Exhaust puff out of the coolant reservoir cap ???

can you give me a link to the right forum?

RippyPartsDept
04-05-13, 06:02 PM
the thread has already been moved to the correct forum

got any pictures ?