: Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V?

RaVeNous
03-31-13, 10:54 AM
I recently purchased a 2011 Coupe.

I will eventually want to extend the GM warranty. No mods for me save some exhaust.

Where, who has the best prices? How can I insure I'm being sold the actual GM warranty and not some aftermarket bull? What options/prices should be available.

Thanks!

neuronbob
03-31-13, 11:32 AM
James black Cadillac in PA. I bought the extended warranty for my 09 V from them and I plan to be a repeat customer shortly for the 13 V. There are a number of other Internet resellers with low prices for the genuine GMPP.

BCantrell
03-31-13, 04:14 PM
Thank you for the recommendation on James Black Cadillac for the extended warranty! Not only was Allen very professional, we saved a fortune and have this blog to thank.

USAFRET
03-31-13, 04:23 PM
Over on the Corvette Forum there are at least 3 supporting dealers that sell GMPP's at the best prices I have ever seen. A simple post will provide their names and prove how satisfied Corvette Forum members are.

I bought my last 3 GMPP's from a Dennis Fitchner (Fitchner Chevrolet). Even bought one for my wife's 08 Jaguar.

Tom

1997BlackETC
04-01-13, 12:45 AM
Yep, I bought my 2009 Colorado warrantee from James Black Caddy and had good luck. For 900 bucks I got 5 more years but only 40K extra miles, no biggie though as I only drive the truck 8k miles a year. It'll pay for itself if something major goes wrong in the powertrain after the 5 year powertrain gm warrantee runs out 2014, just got it a year ago, so good for another 4 more years.

HUGN*RDS
04-01-13, 05:41 PM
Hey guys I need a little help here. i bought my extended warranty through a GM dealer who I thought was selling me a GM warranty not an aftermarket one. Long story short it is a CNA national warranty and I think I paid a lot more for it than what I am seeing here for the warranty prices. IIRC, I paid $2600! So I obviously want the GM extended not some aftermetket one. Why did the dealer sell me this one in the first place? It's my fault, I know, but looking at the contract it only says "Extended Warranty" at the top and has in small letters the company CNA.

Anyways, can I call up the GM dealers you guys mention and set it up all over the phone?

USAFRET
04-01-13, 06:05 PM
Anyways, can I call up the GM dealers you guys mention and set it up all over the phone?

For the most part, bu they will most likely want photographic proof of your cars mileage.

neuronbob
04-01-13, 06:30 PM
So I obviously want the GM extended not some aftermetket one. Why did the dealer sell me this one in the first place?

Profit, why else?

Get a refund on it and get GMPP. That way, you have the genuine product and it is accepted at all GM dealers, not just Cadillac dealers.

Big Jay
04-02-13, 03:09 AM
Over on the Corvette Forum there are at least 3 supporting dealers that sell GMPP's at the best prices I have ever seen. A simple post will provide their names and prove how satisfied Corvette Forum members are.

I bought my last 3 GMPP's from a Dennis Fitchner (Fitchner Chevrolet). Even bought one for my wife's 08 Jaguar.

Tom

Yes.. Do not purchase a warranty until you have talked to Dennis.

HUGN*RDS
04-02-13, 10:51 AM
I just checked my receipt/warranty slip, I was wrong, I paid $3200 holy cow!. That was for the CNA automotive preferred care package. I'm going to call around today.

pat2t2f
04-02-13, 02:39 PM
That was totally overpriced. My GMPP warranty was less than $2,000. About $1,700

USAFRET
04-02-13, 02:42 PM
My son paid less that $1500 for a ZERO deductable 5 year 75,000 mile GMPP for his 2010 Camaro SS from Ken Fichtner from the Corvette Forum last year.

pat2t2f
04-02-13, 02:51 PM
The salesman told me the extended warranty for the V costs the same as the regular CTS. I was surprised. I thought it would be the same as the corvette.

neuronbob
04-02-13, 04:20 PM
I'm just mulling over whether to extend to 72 months on my brand new wagon, and to 72 or 90k miles. $1600 vs $2500 from Black for the $0 deductible. Buying now is MUCH cheaper than buying at the end of the factory warranty.

Decisions, decisions....

stl_ls1gto
04-02-13, 05:02 PM
next time, try to work in the extended warranty when you buy the car. My dealer sold me the warranty at their cost, as well as a wheel and tire warranty at their cost. I dont put on alot of miles, as this is a 4th car for me, so I extended my bumper to bumper an extra 3 years and only 5000 miles I think. I paid like $1100 or so for it - so I have a 7year/55k mile bumper to bumper. My 5 year, wheel and tire warranty was like $300 I think.

HUGN*RDS
04-09-13, 11:44 AM
Hey guys I am going to call to buy one of these and so which one from GM is the best? I want equivalent protection to the factory warranty, bumper to bumper, powertrain etc.. I want to call around before I cancel my $3200 CNA warranty. I wouldn't want to give them my mileage (20k) or something and be charged more. Mine's an 09 too, does the year make a difference for the price and is it all "on top" of the factory warranty or does it begin immediately?

Also, does GM offer wheel and tire warranties too? Who's the best place for this?

neuronbob
04-09-13, 12:11 PM
GMPP Major Guard is what you are looking for.

They will verify your mileage before you pay with a picture or other means, so you might as well give it to them when asked. You WILL pay more the closer you get to the end of the bumper to bumper warranty, that is simply the nature of the beast. It sure won't be $3200 US that you pay, though, if you use any of the recommendations in this thread.

04-10-13, 02:34 PM
I used James Black for my GMPP for my V and also for my Suburban, both about 2 or maybe 3 years ago. At that time there was a supporting vendor on this site (maybe it was Superior caddy?) and they begrudgingly agreed to match Black's price but then lost their franchise for whatever reason (time-wise, this was not too far removed from the banruptcy) before I could sign up, so I went with Black.

Odometer photos were needed....which confused me since they could have just pinged the mileage from onstar.....

Yeah, some GM dealers sell non-GMPP warranties; I guess antitrust or anti-monopoly laws let them have that freedom. GMPP seems to me to be the only way to go.

Until recently I always stayed away from extended warranties, thinking that they were merely a mechanical insurance policy that is priced so that the policy sellers will win and policy holders will lose. But in view of the ridiculous cost and complexity car parts and repairs these days, and in view of a significant positive effect on resale if there is remaining warranty, I have changed my tune.

OldRoadDawg
04-10-13, 10:28 PM
James black Cadillac in PA.

I bought my last 3 GMPP's from a Dennis Fitchner (Fitchner Chevrolet).

Yes.. Do not purchase a warranty until you have talked to Dennis.

Black Cadillac has very competitive prices. . . however, I received a quote from Dennis Fichtner @ Fichtner Chevrolet. I then sat down with Allen in his office at Black Cadillac last week. I showed him Fichtner's quote. He couldn't - or wouldn't match the numbers.

We had a nice chat about the new models of Cadillac coming out and then I went home, called Dennis Fichtner and bought from him. Saved a little over $100.

USAFRET
04-11-13, 03:25 PM
Black Cadillac has very competitive prices. . . however, I received a quote from Dennis Fichtner @ Fichtner Chevrolet. I then sat down with Allen in his office at Black Cadillac last week. I showed him Fichtner's quote. He couldn't - or wouldn't match the numbers.

We had a nice chat about the new models of Cadillac coming out and then I went home, called Dennis Fichtner and bought from him. Saved a little over $100.

There is a reason the vast majority of Corvette owners buy their GMPP from Dennis. I suggest paying the CF a visit and finding out for yourself.

OldRoadDawg
05-21-13, 10:13 PM
Just read this thread posted by Dennis Fichtner, whom I purchased my warranty from, over on the Corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1583955050-post1.html

Bad news for any of you in CA or MD that were considering the purchase of a GMPP extended warranty.

HUGN*RDS
05-22-13, 12:10 AM
To follow up with my previous post in this thread I ended up going with my local Caddy dealer, they matched the best price I found on a 48/60k major guard.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

baabootoo
05-27-13, 01:13 AM
To follow up with my previous post in this thread I ended up going with my local Caddy dealer, they matched the best price I found on a 48/60k major guard.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I'll be going to mine shortly myself.

neuronbob
05-27-13, 12:24 PM
Just read this thread posted by Dennis Fichtner, whom I purchased my warranty from, over on the Corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1583955050-post1.html

Bad news for any of you in CA or MD that were considering the purchase of a GMPP extended warranty.

Boooooooo! Sounds like a state government-decided edict to a) increase car purchase price if you go with a warranty and therefore b) a way to increase tax revenue. This also leads to c) increased dealer revenue as now there is no, or little competition for GMPP.

As much as I miss living in the Bay Area, I must say that this time, I am glad I live in Ohio.

elevated
05-27-13, 03:20 PM
Its amazing how all this new legislation is sticking it to consumers. I am in FL and shut out.

fee5fofum
05-28-13, 12:57 AM
Its amazing how all this new legislation is sticking it to consumers. I am in FL and shut out.

I live in Florida and bought my GMPP (at a discounted price) from here:
http://www.gmppdirectridgeway.com/

baabootoo
06-05-13, 12:47 AM
My Cadillac dealer wanted to sell me the Fidelity Warranty Services one, they don't even offer the GM one! The price was the same as the GMPP, only theirs is the "Platinum" level. I can't find the deductible though, so I'll look it up. I'll do an "apples-to-apples" real soon since I need to get one in a month. It does have an A+ BBB rating though.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-13, 10:39 AM
My Cadillac dealer wanted to sell me the Fidelity Warranty Services one, they don't even offer the GM one! The price was the same as the GMPP, only theirs is the "Platinum" level. I can't find the deductible though, so I'll look it up. I'll do an "apples-to-apples" real soon since I need to get one in a month. It does have an A+ BBB rating though.

Hello baabootoo,

If you would like information on the GMPP, visit the site at http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/. If you call the Cadillac phone number at 1-800-882-1112, they can further discuss any questions you may have. I wanted to share this with you, and thought you would like to look into this before you purchase your extended service contract.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

baabootoo
06-05-13, 12:14 PM
Thanks, but I already have a quote from Fitchner and Black. I wanted to see if my local dealer would come close, and they wouldn't even offer it which still surprises me.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-13, 01:32 PM
Thanks, but I already have a quote from Fitchner and Black. I wanted to see if my local dealer would come close, and they wouldn't even offer it which still surprises me.

Hi baabootoo,

You are welcome. I am sorry the dealer is not accommodating for your extended warranty. If there are ever additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service