: New personal 1/4 mile best

201Vwagon
03-31-13, 09:53 AM
Weather didn't look good but I slapped the new 19in MT's on and went for it. 1.68 60ft, 11.4 @ 123mph. I probably should have broken in the tires some but they are getting there now. Still had some wheel spin on launch and 1-2 shift but totally controllable and kept it to the floor. Definitely happy with the 19in DR's. And I have no issues with daily driving on them since putting them on Thursday. They look and fit nice too. Even got caught in the rain and didn't feel like I would go out of control or feel that it was unsafe. Drove like I normal would. Hopefully I can make it till fall/winter with these. See how it goes.

All my other runs were 1.70-1.72 60ft's 11.50-11.55. I was playing with tire pressures and different launching.

My race weight with me in the car with 3/4 tank of fuel is 4770, and these runs I was between 3/4 and 1/2 tank.
Mod: 2.55 (max 12psi boost), ID850's, Lingenfelter Intake, D3 Lid Spacer, HPTuners for tuning

Trapspeed
03-31-13, 10:43 AM
Great run. :thumbsup:

V locity
03-31-13, 11:51 AM
1.6s is great, especially with some spin... Nice runs

KellyE
04-01-13, 01:13 AM
Nice!:worship:

Tedboss1
04-02-13, 11:01 AM
Excellent
What tire pressure did you have on your best run?

201Vwagon
04-02-13, 11:27 AM
Thanks, the tires are breaking in real nice now. It was low 30's temps this morning and i was able to hammer it in my usual spots that i would just leave my mark behind.So far these tires are great. For years I've been always using the NT555R from the start of race season to winter and they have always worked great for me. But these MT's are even better. I don't do lots of daily driving with this car so I'm hoping to get a season out of them. If so, it would be great.

I run 32psi cold for normal driving. My best run was with 28psi. As my buddies kept telling me nah, lower those pressures, it just got worse. Tires were shiny after the first 2 runs. Also by my last run the TPMS was dinging like crazy going down the track and it didn't feel all that right. Display telling me to use the pump in the trunk. My logs seemed like nothing was going on but I slowed down to 117mph trap speed.

I was running real rich and made adjustments in the last 2 days and I'm on point now. Alls I did was add the D3 Lid spacer, did quick test logs and seemed ok but.......I have tuning OCD so I'll be logging till next track day and hopefully some better runs.