: 07 Chevy Silverado

blalockchiro
03-31-13, 08:48 AM
hey guys, i know that this is for caddy's, but i cannot get chevy truck world up and i need help with this...so if you can, pls help.....07 chevy silverado 5.3 L, new body style...yesterday the battery light and the "service battery charging system" message came on...took to advance auto to have them test both the battery and alternator..neither was bad according to them...battery pulling 14 v, and alternator putting out 13.8 v.....i have also lost my braking system, takes several pumps to get brakes to operate....any ideas on the problem...would be much appreciated

CadillacLuke24
03-31-13, 10:53 PM
Not an expert, but bad brakes and charging issue suggests a short in the brakes? Is there an ABS sensor having issues?

PULL YOUR CODES! :D Go back to Advance and use that to get your codes and report back.

blalockchiro
04-01-13, 10:05 AM
thanks that is what i was thinking

blalockchiro
04-01-13, 03:01 PM
turns out it was the right front hub, the stop lamp switch and the brake light switch

CadillacLuke24
04-01-13, 06:09 PM
Sweet, glad you got it fixed. Thanks for reporting back :thumbsup:

blalockchiro
04-01-13, 06:55 PM
well not fixed yet...tomorrow, but i brought home and should have nit...on the way home the right rotor got eaten up...how...ur guess is as good as mine

blalockchiro
04-04-13, 12:49 PM
well everthing is fixed...new right front hub, brakes and rotor were ok...new brake switch and new transfer case switch...thanks for ur help

CadillacLuke24
04-04-13, 05:03 PM
I didn't help all that much, but I'm glad you got it worked out :thumbsup: