: Ordering a V wagon

Pages : [1] 2

VMoose
03-31-13, 03:05 AM
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9UGlIa0-Tss/UVfgerPVVpI/AAAAAAAAEHQ/vbia4K_eawo/s400/2013_cadillac_cts_ctsv-wagon.jpg

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/data/23/IMG_3566.JPG

Jinx
03-31-13, 05:34 AM
With that set of options, did you consider the Stealth Blue?

VMoose
03-31-13, 07:46 AM
I did, but I am having a hard time determining what stealth blue is actually going to look like. The promo pictures are not that enticing.

Random84
03-31-13, 09:32 AM
Cheers - there should be an influx of "New Blue Vagon" posts here in roughly 4-6 weeks. :D

VMoose
03-31-13, 10:35 AM
If this is stealth blue, I'm definitely sticking with opulent blue.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/273686-special-edition-stealth-blue-v-sedan.html

neuronbob
03-31-13, 10:35 AM
Stop copying me! :) Well, at least I have my yellow calipers to set me apart.

Just kidding, welcome to the quickly growing OBM wagon club, and thank you for your service. Should be a great reward for deploying.

VMoose
03-31-13, 11:00 AM
Don't worry neuronbob, the population of OBM V wagons will still be quite low. :-) I've not seen this exact combination of options yet. You've got a nice wagon, I appreciate all the information you've shared on your mods!

Jinx
03-31-13, 12:05 PM
If this is stealth blue, I'm definitely sticking with opulent blue.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/273686-special-edition-stealth-blue-v-sedan.html

Yeah, basically Corvette's Supersonic Blue. Note it's normal gloss paint, not satin/matte like all the official GM photos gunked up with dulling spray. I was tempted, but the wagon isn't available with the twilight blue interior and I thought the paint alone was a $6K option when actually it just autoselects Recaros, suede, Sapele, black wheels and black grille -- the paint itself ends up just a $230 premium, cheaper than the tricoats. Anyway, it seemed a half-measure without the blue interior. And even Opulent Blue seems a safer choice.

VMoose
03-31-13, 03:07 PM
Jinx, thanks for the information. I looked up lots of pictures of Supersonic Blue, and it looks way better than anything I've seen for Stealth Blue Metallic. Perhaps you know me better than I know myself as I am strongly considering changing my color now. I'm thinking Stealth Blue Metallic with red calipers. It really is the exact options I've chosen, and the subdued blue color is intriguing.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AXxnojgXrxw/UViJLqVWZeI/AAAAAAAAEI8/uVZR7hJNJaM/s800/2013_cadillac_cts_ctsv-wagonSBM.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BCfJagdEE1Y/UViIJWYEAEI/AAAAAAAAEH8/t8S_iKXCC2Y/s800/Z06%2520Splash%2520Guard%2520installed%2520on%2520 supersonic%2520blue-3.jpg

Jinx
03-31-13, 03:22 PM
I don't know for a fact that it's exactly Supersonic Blue, that's just what I'd heard going around, and the few actually-shiny photos out there look like a close match.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/15/cadillac-cts-v-gets-stealth-blue-and-silver-frost-limited-editio/
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/12/should-cadillac-make-the-cts-v-go-supersonic-w-poll/

Even if it's not exact, it'll be striking; I don't know what GM was thinking when they dulled-down the official photos. If I hadn't been convinced of the merits of a black Cadillac, I'd be there. And if by some twist of fate I hear black is constrained (!), it wouldn't be such a bad fallback.

Where'd you find that stealth wagon photo btw, and is it available in higher resolution?

.Jinx

JKG
03-31-13, 03:26 PM
I just went through the same thing.
As much as I wanted to like opulent blue, if you open your eyes when you are driving around locally here in the states, OB looks a lot like what you see everywhere on toyotas, subarus, fords, etc. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - a clean shiny OB car looks nice. I am not in love with the stealth blue, but it is a little different, so I ordered that. just hoping it doesn't look gray-blue like every BMW out there...

VMoose
03-31-13, 03:39 PM
Jinx, from the Cadillac.com build website. I think it is at the highest resolution available. I clicked the (+) sign. http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury-wagon/build-your-own.html?x-zipcode=37042#eyJzcyI6Ikg0c0lBQUFBQUFBQUFIMVN6VTZE UUJEK1lGTmpmSUJHRTA5eThLd0VxZ2NQQzJWcEtGTDVMUWRQSm w1OUJoL0ZWL0FKZFFhMld5d2I1OERPZlBNL2ZBQ1d3TnNPaTlk YnVPOGZjTnNhalAyeG5hZXYvdnNURGxpdUlLcUhCRUlsanhCNU xTR2VpeERpcnU3STBmWVFxU3dnWkVsZXFSUkVLOG1STmhWNW93 ekNselZFRnBLalc1Y1ErM3NxRmZoa0JuMDEvY1JEV2g3cDNBUD JRNEpSYmlBOHp5TmxuR3VZd0JqY2hoNE5YR05RaGtZV2xHb0Ra MU1VNC9DbW5GUWJXd2d0T1VlanhLZG5vZEhsQVcyNlNleTVSdm 1JcGdrZmJsNHVqYVFWdGNhbU1UM3V5WDU4eFdPVGZHdExiR3du U1BlMUJlV2ZaOHBsS3JCMDNFYWhSdm5XbDlCaWxHUGN5bklVSn BWcHdPUXlSaEZORCs3bytDSmVXZEF5ZkxFTXo5UTE1WmlRY3pv d2llZUpUR09UeU5RMUJsTjRyTUlMNzA1MkJDNGdFV09OQkFvcE 5pZ29wb1hKLzE5K0FkZks0Z21oQXdBQSIsInZlaGljbGVEYXRh U291cmNlIjoiY2hyb21lIiwidGFiIjoiU1VNTUFSWSIsImNvbm ZpZ3VyYXRpb25Hcm91cElkIjpudWxsfQ==@

----------

Photo gallery of Supersonic Blue V

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadillac-cts-v-supersonic-blue-prototype/#photo-4289004/

1997BlackETC
03-31-13, 03:51 PM
Ya know Moose, good thinking. I'm actually thinking with the red calipers the stealth blue does look better and maybe something your not as likely to tire of as the years go by. Like was said, theres lots or rice burners these days in a blue very similiar to the opulent blue, especially suburu and toyota. I think your color combo choice will be even more unique plus it's a limited edition so your car will be very rare with more than likely less then 20 Vagons if that in that combo.

You have similiar tastes in colors as I do. I actually had a thunder gray 2012 sedan too and ordered a opulent blue wagon with red calipers. The order was taking so long I ended up cancelling and getting a black diamond wagon off a lot in PA. For me this might be the best color anyhow because I'm pushing 55 and feel it just looks a little more sophisticated especially with the beige/gold colored pinstripe I put on it to sorta match the yellow calipers. I'm super happy with my color combo. I see according to your zip you must be from Fla, me too, winters, maybe next fall we should have some sort of meet at Bradenton Dragway, that would be fun. I'm more than likely taking my car to the meet at Darlington which is April 20th (it was cancelled march and re-scheduled) which is for all LS powered GM cars, theres a lot of GTO's and G8GT's, GXPS's there that's how I started going to this meet when I had my Pontiac G8GT.

neuronbob
03-31-13, 06:09 PM
As much as I wanted to like opulent blue, if you open your eyes when you are driving around locally here in the states, OB looks a lot like what you see everywhere on toyotas, subarus, fords, etc. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - a clean shiny OB car looks nice. I am not in love with the stealth blue, but it is a little different, so I ordered that. just hoping it doesn't look gray-blue like every BMW out there...

No feelings hurt here. The stealth blue is a little light for my taste, but still looks good with red calipers to set it off.[COLOR="Silver"]

VMoose
03-31-13, 11:53 PM

JKG you put it well, nice to get something a little different. I emailed my dealer an updated wish list so they should be placing the order in the morning for a stealth blue metallic wagon with the above options.

1997BlackETC, I really like the opulent blue and I think it's a striking color but I plan on hanging on to this one for a while. The stealth part of stealth blue is more my style. At the end of the day, it's going to be a V wagon with a 6MT and that is stupidly cool.

1997BlackETC
03-31-13, 11:57 PM
Wow, GM must be busy at that Lansing plant pumping out V's with last minute orders, theres been a lot of guys on here recently who are ordering or have recently got their new V's, the rush is on as I believe April 14'th or 15th is the cutoff date for orders. Good luck with your order, just make sure the dealer has proper allocation, I think that was why my order got so delayed was because the dealer I ordered through must have not had the allocation and they put them to the end of the production list when this happens. If everything is all set on the dealers end, you should have the car within a couple of months generally.

VMoose
04-01-13, 09:15 AM
1997BlackETC, I am not in a huge rush as I have two full months before I even get home, but I think my dealer does a fair amount of business and has the proper allocation. I am waiting to hear back from them to see about changing from OBM to SBM so I will report back and let you all know.

Jinx
04-01-13, 11:35 AM
Why do I feel like I'm going to be kicking myself in a couple of months?

VMoose
04-01-13, 12:07 PM
Limited run colors are tempting. Perhaps that's why? :thumbsup:

----------

Ya know Moose, good thinking. I'm actually thinking with the red calipers the stealth blue does look better and maybe something your not as likely to tire of as the years go by. Like was said, theres lots or rice burners these days in a blue very similiar to the opulent blue, especially suburu and toyota. I think your color combo choice will be even more unique plus it's a limited edition so your car will be very rare with more than likely less then 20 Vagons if that in that combo.

You have similiar tastes in colors as I do. I actually had a thunder gray 2012 sedan too and ordered a opulent blue wagon with red calipers. The order was taking so long I ended up cancelling and getting a black diamond wagon off a lot in PA. For me this might be the best color anyhow because I'm pushing 55 and feel it just looks a little more sophisticated especially with the beige/gold colored pinstripe I put on it to sorta match the yellow calipers. I'm super happy with my color combo. I see according to your zip you must be from Fla, me too, winters, maybe next fall we should have some sort of meet at Bradenton Dragway, that would be fun. I'm more than likely taking my car to the meet at Darlington which is April 20th (it was cancelled march and re-scheduled) which is for all LS powered GM cars, theres a lot of GTO's and G8GT's, GXPS's there that's how I started going to this meet when I had my Pontiac G8GT.

I think the red calipers or possibly the silver standard calipers are the only colors that would look right with SBM. This is based off my extensive research (read: hours of googling images). I am just bit north of you in TN, so I'm unsure of what website trickery is indicating my zip code is FL. My best friend from growing up lives in Naples, so I might be passing through this summer to visit him. Perhaps we need to have a V meetup. A V-eetup?

Some fun in MS paint.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7ddMLAeRyNI/UVm3ouvWgBI/AAAAAAAAEKU/X184o2uuuEM/s800/Wheelwell_stripes.png

VMoose
04-01-13, 03:33 PM
The order is in!

From the dealer:

Cadillac has confirmed that we can build the CTSV wagon, 6 spd. in the Stealth Blue package. These are limited edition short order time vehicles. The Stealth Blue comes as a complete package.

I'll admit. I'm quite excited!

neuronbob
04-01-13, 03:42 PM
Great news! Congrats and I'm excited for you!

Make sure you report in, in six weeks with the result. That is going to be a rare color for sure.

It'd be really cool if the dealer drove it/flatbedded it up to the airport to deliver it to you in person as soon as you get off the plane from your deployment.....

Random84
04-01-13, 03:42 PM
Awesome - I am mildly disappointed I didn't see real photos of the stealth blue prior to ordering. I - like so many others - kind of assumed it was a matte finish like the silver and was turned off by that. If I knew it was a standard gloss paint like the Supersonic blue... I might have jumped on it also.

Looking forward to the photos!

VMoose
04-02-13, 08:54 AM
Thanks, but why stop at flatbedding it? Let's get it on a C17 and fly it to meet me here. Some variation on Porsche's European Delivery, but maybe more like Middle East Delivery. :-)

I will definitely share updates and photos.

Va72mlibu
04-03-13, 01:06 AM
I sincerely doubt you'd want to drive your V on the "streets" of Crapghanistan. Now if they'd let you run it up and down the runway at KAF, that'd be another story.

Jinx
04-03-13, 01:19 AM
A CTS-V driving down the ramp of a C17 would be very dramatic.

VMoose
04-03-13, 04:51 AM
I already completed a year in Afghanistan, and I certainly would not want the car there nor in Iraq. But I'm not in either of those countries this time. The V would be fun here, but best to leave it at home.

1997BlackETC
04-03-13, 12:37 PM
Oh ya, you def would not want it there, not only the native folks but other service people would be hugely Jealous and poss vandalize the car. Even when I use to own my business and drive one of my fancy cars to work the workers would get pissed off, like "why am I not driving one of those cars" I found it best to drive a clunker back and forth to my gas stations everyday, it kept people from talking.

Va72mlibu
04-04-13, 12:41 AM
I already completed a year in Afghanistan, and I certainly would not want the car there nor in Iraq. But I'm not in either of those countries this time. The V would be fun here, but best to leave it at home.

My bad. I just assumed you were in the 'Stan. My last few deployments have been to South America. I definitely wouldn't want to drive it there either. Was hoping to get Germany for my next assignment, but no dice. I would have loved to lap the Nurburgring in my Vagon.

sierrabenz
04-04-13, 07:08 AM
Actually, I was in Ushuaia, Argentina (southernmost city in the world) three weeks ago and saw a new ZR1 vet on the street. Don't know how it got there given that via road there is about a thousand miles of dirt/gravel between Ushuaia and the nearest paved road on the mainland. Definitely keep the V in the U.S.!

VMoose
04-04-13, 02:28 PM
I wasn't serious about actually bringing the V over here. :)

01APR: Order placed
04APR: Accepted by production control

Next step: scheduled build date

1997BlackETC
04-04-13, 10:53 PM
Sounds like your car is moving along quickly already. With my order that I cancelled it was months before it was even accepted by production control.

Random84
04-05-13, 11:58 AM

I placed my order the last week of March, and my dealer says it's "In the system" - which I presume is synonymous with being accepted for production... but I also do not have a build date yet.

Hopefully with the onslaught of Wagon orders, they'll crank these things out. :D

By the way, I am digging the Stealth Blue paint, but are you getting the blue leather interior also or is it going to be ebony in the wagon?

Jinx
04-05-13, 12:52 PM
Alas, the twilight blue interior is not available on the wagon. This omission helped me avoid a last-minute switch.

Saleen09
04-05-13, 01:27 PM
Thanks VMoose for the info / I am a couple of says behind him ordering my Stealth Blue sedan with yellow calipers - been waiting since mid February since it was announced.

VMoose and I should have incredibly rare cars since the color was released the same day as Cadillac held all new V orders to "SOLD" only - no dealer stock.

We shall see.

VMoose
04-12-13, 11:41 AM
Update this week from the dealer:

Production control still has the order. Production date is the next step[... ....]As far as I know the Stealth Blue special paint is going to be a Cadillac exclusive. I will see if I can find out of if they are the same or different.

Random84
04-12-13, 05:28 PM
I must have posted this in a different thread, but my build date (Opulent Blue) is the week of 5/13. I think another guy who ordered a Vagon has the same target production week.

Jinx
04-12-13, 08:02 PM
My dealer says he expects to get a TPW next week. He better hope so...

Random84
04-12-13, 08:11 PM
My dealer says he expects to get a TPW next week. He better hope so...

Wouldn't it suck if there was a problem - like sourcing the paint or something - and they cancelled your order? :D

muhahaha!

Mongopush
04-13-13, 07:42 PM
I must have posted this in a different thread, but my build date (Opulent Blue) is the week of 5/13. I think another guy who ordered a Vagon has the same target production week.

Man I'm excited to see this setup, I couldn't imagine how you must feel. It would be a lot of tossing and turning at night till I got it. That combo will be a instant collectors car,IMO .

VMoose
04-15-13, 07:22 AM
I placed my order the last week of March, and my dealer says it's "In the system" - which I presume is synonymous with being accepted for production... but I also do not have a build date yet.

Hopefully with the onslaught of Wagon orders, they'll crank these things out. :D

By the way, I am digging the Stealth Blue paint, but are you getting the blue leather interior also or is it going to be ebony in the wagon?

Jinx provided the answer on the interior. It is ebony for my wagon. I am ok with that because the blue interior would have been a bit much and to me it looks dated. The ebony interior on my sedan has been great and I appreciate how new it looks even a year later.

The recent news of the phantom gray metallic for 2014 is making me wonder about that color availability and when, but on the other hand, stealth blue is going to be rare. There will be no way to know for sure what SBM will look like on a wagon. Mine may be one of the first to show up on the internet.

Random84
04-15-13, 10:52 AM
I think the Stealth Blue will look good, if it's anything close to the Corvette Supersonic Blue in person.

I would have been tempted with the Stealth package had I known it was an ebony interior with the wagon, but as you noted the blue interior is just.... hmmm. Didn't want to risk the $6K premium for it; but I believe you'll be very happy with the exterior color.

I did not see Stealth blue deleted in the other thread, so they will probably continue it through the 2014 MY.

Any update on your build dates?

Jinx
04-15-13, 11:05 AM
The Twilight Blue interior was an option on the coupe and the sedan, available but not required with the Stealth Blue exterior. It looks like they're carrying the Twilight Blue interior as a free-flow option on all Coupes in MY2014, but it's not listed for the sedan or wagon. I bet Stealth Blue isn't available at all.

VMoose
04-15-13, 12:04 PM
My dealer has said that the order will not get bumped to a 2014. No build date yet. I think it must have something to do with the stealth blue.

From the dealer:

The Stealth Blue car is not just a color it is a special edition. It will be a limited edition production run. This means only a certain number of the cars will be produced like that. I think you probably will have the only one in the country like it.

jsherid1
04-15-13, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your service to our country and welcome to the Manual Transmission V-Wagon club!

VMoose
04-15-13, 02:24 PM
Thanks, looking forward to the 6MT. The V sedan was the first auto I've ever bought thinking that it'd be a good choice for daily driving, but I miss the fun of rowing the gears. I won't make that mistake again.

VMoose
04-18-13, 03:35 PM
18APR: From the dealer today:

The V wagon has been broadcast. This means it is on the production line at this moment.

bcc
04-18-13, 04:21 PM
So to clarify - production of Gen II Coupes & Wagons will continue (on order only basis) thru 2014 while they launch the new body style sedan?

That Stealth Blue on the Wagaon is mighty tempting. Congrats on the order, can't wait to see pics.

Jinx
04-18-13, 04:32 PM
The V wagon has been broadcast. This means it is on the production line at this moment.

I hate you right now.

VMoose
04-18-13, 05:12 PM
So to clarify - production of Gen II Coupes & Wagons will continue (on order only basis) thru 2014 while they launch the new body style sedan?

That Stealth Blue on the Wagaon is mighty tempting. Congrats on the order, can't wait to see pics.

I believe the V2 Coupes and Wagons will be orderable and available on lots as they have a few new standard colors for 2014.

The stealth blue is/was an order only color. Dealers cannot order them for their inventory. I am not sure how long they are/were taking orders for stealth blue. Plenty of pictures, I promise.

neuronbob
04-18-13, 07:22 PM

Awesome. You will have your car shortly. :thumbsup: It's gonna be a long 2-3 weeks for you. I remember, it was for me.

Random84
04-18-13, 09:45 PM
18APR: From the dealer today:The V wagon has been broadcast. This means it is on the production line at this moment.

Wow! Awesome! I haven't heard @#$! about my Vagon, so you might beat us all to the dealer to pick up your new car!

Please post photos as SOON as you get into the driveway, I really want to see the SB in natural light.

VMoose
04-19-13, 06:01 AM
I don't want it to show up too early! It will sit at the dealer until I get back in six weeks. Maybe they can keep it somewhere tucked away indoors while I'm gone (not showroom floor). I'm exploring options for tinting it and the dealer has already quoted $245. I also want to clearbra it, so that could potentially be coordinated through the dealer if they don't offer the service themselves.

I will ask them to take pictures of when it arrives, and there will be plenty of pictures in natural light once I see it in person.
I also have to make a decision on whether to tell the dealer to skip pre-delivery inspection. Any recommendations in regards to that?

Me Wanna A V
04-19-13, 12:39 PM
Tim:

I don't know if Tennessee requires a front license plate, but make sure they do NOT drill holes in your front bumper.

From the pics of your Sedan, it looks like no front plate is necessary in TN.

Jinx
04-19-13, 01:46 PM
Tell them they can put it on the showroom floor -- as long as there's a velvet rope around it and no one can actually touch it.

Have them set up a webcam and we'll all watch it for you. :)

But seriously... don't you open yourself up to warranty claim hassles if you decline pre-delivery inspection? It might make more sense to provide a specific list of "don'ts" so they can inspect but not mess anything up too much. Like "don't install the front plate mount." It'd be tempting to say "don't polish the car" but then you could be screwed if there are issues with the paint (that would have been deemed fixed if you'd let them do their job). I've got more time than you do to think about this, but I look forward to others' advice here.

VMoose
04-19-13, 02:51 PM
There is no front license plate required in TN. THANK YOU Tennessee.

I trust this dealer pretty well. They all seem to take their job seriously, and they must as they are located in a wealthy suburb of Nashville. My salesman is top notch. I think I'll allow the PDI but give it a very thorough going over when I see it for the first time. After owning a V, it will make it easier to walk around the car and know what things should more or less look like.

ddivinia
04-29-13, 08:12 PM
That is going to be one unique ride.

D.

VMoose
04-30-13, 10:48 PM
30APR: Built

The V is built. We should have the vehicle the middle of May.

Johnny-V
04-30-13, 10:59 PM
30APR: Built

I know exactly the dealership your talking about. I may have to go take a look at it whenever it comes in. Congrats.

ddivinia
05-01-13, 02:06 AM
Cool deal. How long until it is at the dealer?

D.

neuronbob
05-01-13, 06:09 AM
7-10 days typically unless there's a burp in the system (positive or negative).

VMoose
05-01-13, 07:00 AM
The dealer is saying mid-May. Probably an overestimation to provide for that "burp."

Saleen09
05-01-13, 02:41 PM
My SB Sedan is 4 days behind VMoose...hoping to see mine about the same time.

With no dealer orders and the limited order window I think the SB cars are going to be quite rare. We shall see....

Random84
05-02-13, 01:12 PM
My SB Sedan is 4 days behind VMoose...hoping to see mine about the same time.

With no dealer orders and the limited order window I think the SB cars are going to be quite rare. We shall see....

I just hope you didn't buy it because it's going to be rare - that would take all the fun out of driving it!

If my wagon ever sees an auction house, I want them to be embarrassed about the mileage. :D

ddivinia
05-04-13, 01:45 PM
I just read it closer - coupe and wagon only Vs in 2014? So if you want a new sedan - new body only eh?

D.

Random84
05-04-13, 03:47 PM
I just read it closer - coupe and wagon only Vs in 2014? So if you want a new sedan - new body only eh?

D.

I might be wrong, but I recall seeing sedan options in the `14 options list posted eslewhere. not to mention, the sedan is the #1 selling V series variant... so I'm pretty sure you can get one this model year.

VMoose, has the wagon arrived yet?

Jinx
05-04-13, 03:49 PM

Read what closer? The 2014 Changes info sent to dealers and posted by GM Inside News includes a section on CTS-V Sedan, still the second-generation car:

CTS-V sedan

Deletions

•Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
• Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
• Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic

New Features

•Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
• Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic

Odd that majestic plum metallic is on the coupe and wagon but not the sedan. Maybe that's a misprint.

VMoose
05-05-13, 12:06 AM
I might be wrong, but I recall seeing sedan options in the `14 options list posted eslewhere. not to mention, the sedan is the #1 selling V series variant... so I'm pretty sure you can get one this model year.

VMoose, has the wagon arrived yet?

Nothing yet on the wagon. The sedan was sold the other day though, so that's progress!

ddivinia
05-05-13, 11:32 PM
Read what closer? The 2014 Changes info sent to dealers and posted by GM Inside News includes a section on CTS-V Sedan, still the second-generation car:

CTS-V sedan

Deletions

•Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
• Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
• Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic

New Features

•Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
• Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic

Odd that majestic plum metallic is on the coupe and wagon but not the sedan. Maybe that's a misprint.

One of the posts above left the sedan off the list which I thought was odd but who knows.

Also - I want to see the plum. Surely they will offer it on the sedan but whatever.

D.

Jinx
05-06-13, 12:23 AM
I posted a pic of an ATS in Majestic Plum Metallic in the ATS Pictures subforum:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-picture-forum/288943-2014-majestic-plum-metallic.html

.Jinx

spearfish25
05-06-13, 07:02 PM
A few dealers told me today that I can't order a 2013 V-wagon any more and there isn't going to be a 2014 V-wagon. You guys have heard otherwise?

Jinx
05-06-13, 08:15 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/287264-2014-cts-v-info-color-changes.html

spearfish25
05-06-13, 08:18 PM
This post suggests otherwise and dealers today told me no more orders and the V-wagon is dead for 2014. What you see on the lot is what you get now.

http://blogs.automotive.com/cadillac-rumored-to-build-next-cts-v-with-turbocharged-lt1-cts-coupe-and-wagon-future-in-doubt-128433.html

Kluch
05-06-13, 08:26 PM
That article is OLD. There has been relatively recent confirmation that v wagons coupes and sedans in second generation styling will be available for the 2014 model year at least in limited quantities. Unfortunately, the dealership is never as informed as they should be. And they want to sell you the inventory they have, not necessarily the car u want.

spearfish25
05-06-13, 09:09 PM
Hmmm. I called multiple dealers and they all said they couldn't place orders. Then a person at GM N.A. said no more V-wagon in 2014 and ordering is closed. Has someone placed an order in the last few days? I'd agree that they could be steering to available inventory but there really isn't any available inventory since I want a manual V wagon. So it's not in their interest to mislead me. For the first time in my life, I had a dealer say "Sorry, I can't get you one" and the conversation was just plain over.

timg
05-06-13, 09:24 PM
No 2014 CTS-V Wagon ordering guide at the link below. The 2014 CTS-V Sedan, CTS-V Coupe and Chevy SS are all here though.

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2014&regionID=1&divisionID=5

Tim

----------

Hmmm. I called multiple dealers and they all said they couldn't place orders. Then a person at GM N.A. said no more V-wagon in 2014 and ordering is closed. Has someone placed an order in the last few days? I'd agree that they could be steering to available inventory but there really isn't any available inventory since I want a manual V wagon. So it's not in their interest to mislead me. For the first time in my life, I had a dealer say "Sorry, I can't get you one" and the conversation was just plain over.

I tried to place an order for a V wagon without success a couple of weeks ago. I talked with a few dealers. All of them thought they could order one until I asked them to and gave them a deposit and then they couldn't. I'm still disappointed that I couldn't get a new V-wagon. I like the sedan, but I like the wagon a lot more.

Tim

spearfish25
05-06-13, 09:34 PM
Yeah. I really think it's dead. I found a brand new 2013 with every option at a dealer and have a deposit on it. It's not the best time for me to buy but I can't miss out on this!

Kluch
05-06-13, 10:09 PM
Perhaps it is too soon to order a 2014 and too late for a 2013? I still think that 2014 vagons will be available. Time will tell.

neuronbob
05-06-13, 10:37 PM
Perhaps it is too soon to order a 2014 and too late for a 2013? I still think that 2014 vagons will be available. Time will tell.

Agree with this. Has someone successfully placed an order for a 2014 sedan or coupe?

VMoose
05-06-13, 10:44 PM
Dealer told me 2014s would not be on lots for months, so I also think ordering is not open for 2014 v2 Wagons yet.

Jinx
05-07-13, 01:29 AM
Third-gen CTS's probably won't be on lots for months, but second-gens don't need a lot of debugging. Well, they're not going to get any, at least.

Random84
05-07-13, 07:08 AM

Another +1

But... from a business standpoint - it makes you wonder why there's such a gap in ability to order (if they fully intend to produce `14 CTSVs)? Who cares if production is on a break, still take someone's money, right?

Odd. But everything current suggests the 2014 MY will happen.

Still glad I ordered when I did - just in case. :D

VMoose
05-07-13, 08:57 PM
Some bad news about the wagon... Thinking of having them build a new one and take the $1000 in accessories.

A reprehensive from Cadillac called us yesterday and told us the V Sport Wagon you ordered has been damaged. It’s estimated at $2200.00 and includes a fender, door and rocker panel.

They can repair it and send it on to us, but you will have to sign a waiver accepting the unit. (State law)

We can re order but will be a few more weeks before the unit would get here. At this point we have two options, do you want the unit that can be repaired at the factory (I’m told repair time will be approximately 10 days) or do you want us to ask them for another to be built?

By the way our Cadillac district rep is aware of the situation and asked us to apologies on behalf of Cadillac. And as a good will gesture he also wanted to offer you an option of $1000.00 in GM accessories (or) 3 years of On Star at no charge with either decision you make.

Again we appreciate your business and apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know ASAP what you want to do.

neuronbob
05-07-13, 09:36 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What a nightmare.

If it were me, I'd order new, and take the $1000 in accessories. The good is that at least they told you BEFORE they delivered it to you, or to the dealership. Good service on the dealer's, and Cadillac's part, I'd say.

spearfish25
05-07-13, 09:41 PM
Definitely reorder. They essentially want you to pay your negotiated price, get a few freebies, and then sign off on the diminished value. Forget that!

A rep at GM NA confirmed the v wagon will be available in 2014 with orders starting this summer.

VMoose
05-07-13, 09:49 PM
I can hardly believe it. My V sedan is sold and I come home in just over three weeks now. The wife and I will be sharing a car for a bit.

I'm seriously weighing all my options and have a few questions that need to be answered.

Does this affect the Stealth Blue Metallic package availability as it was a limited order option?

Do I tell the dealer to hold off and consider the new phantom grey paint for 2014, if they are in fact building 2014 V2s?

Do I call it off?

I just want to make the right decision, and I can't ignore the timing of it all. I do think the dealer has been top notch through everything.

timg
05-07-13, 11:10 PM
I tried to order a SB Vagon a couple of weeks ago without any luck. Unless they are able to order outside of the normal ordering process, you may not be able to order another... If you can order another through normal processes, please let me know so I can have a friendly chat with my dealer. :)

If it's being repaired at the factory, I would probably accept it so long as everything was replaced with new parts, passed all inspections, and showed no visible signs of damage. I wonder how that's treated in a car's history when the damage occurs before it even leaves the factory?

Tim

VMoose
05-07-13, 11:48 PM
I'm not going to accept this one, so if someone wants the repaired V wagon, someone should let me know ASAP so I can arrange it.

Me Wanna A V
05-07-13, 11:57 PM
If GM is stating they can repair, which will require painting the new body parts, I would "assume" that they (GM) would still have the means to complete a "new build" using Stealth Blue.

I'm sure they want to make it right.

Have those bastards make you a new one as you ordered!!!!!!!!

1997BlackETC
05-08-13, 12:39 AM
Well at least they where honest about it being damaged. Thats unusual in this day and age. What I don't get is they say they can make a new one and get it to the dealer in just a few weeks, I'd go with that option if I were you. Hopefully same as the one you ordered, ask them about that.

VMoose
05-08-13, 12:49 AM
I am confirming the Stealth Blue Package would still be available for order. I am also considering deferring to 2014 MY for the phantom gray metallic, especially if ordering opens up in a few weeks. I will let you know what I hear back!

pat2t2f
05-08-13, 06:35 AM
That does suck but at least, as other posts have already noted, at least they told you and didn't try to pull a fast one.
Good luck!!

VMoose
05-08-13, 06:57 AM
timg, your PM inbox is full. If interested, I am assuming they will still sell this V wagon, but I won't be buying it. It is the Stealth Blue package V wagon with 6MT, additional options include roof rails and red calipers. No sunroof.

Random84
05-08-13, 12:39 PM
That's crazy, VMoose. Sorry to hear it.

I'm guessing if you place a new order they would bump you to the front of the line as a courtesy, getting your car to you that quickly (ie a few weeks).

I can see the advantage to a `13 Stealth Blue, but of course there's something nice about the last year of a body style with a color unique to that year also. Hmm...

VMoose
05-08-13, 01:03 PM
Dealer gave me a reply and are researching my actual options at this point. I asked about re-ordering another stealth blue and also about getting bumped to a 2014 since we are so close. I also asked, "WHAT HAPPENED!!?"

Dealer has been very forthright and professional about all of this.

From my sales guy

They did not share with us what happened. Our desire, my desire, and G.M.ís desire is simply take care of you and do the right thing. You know you can always count on me.

And the sales manager

The folks that called didnít know how it happened, I also asked.
I can tell you that in my 20 years of selling Cadillac that I canít ever remember this happening, so I wouldnít be concerned about ordering another.
Iíll get answers to you questions ASAP and get back with you.

Kluch
05-08-13, 02:31 PM
I would keep the stealth blue car. They fix it at the factory where it is built. I don't see a problem. I don't see how this destroys the value of the car. I guarantee there would be no trace of any incident and no paper trail for sure. I would get the limited edition car you wanted.

VMoose
05-08-13, 02:39 PM
I think there is something more serious to it all. The dealer said I had to sign a waiver to accept it. Plus it would bug me to no end not knowing what really happened. I paid for a new car, not a damaged and repaired car.

spearfish25
05-08-13, 05:45 PM
When you guys have been ordering, what are your purchase prices in relation to MSRP? I'm wondering if I place an order for a 2014, am I guaranteeing MSRP or will the dealer negotiate?

Gman1023
05-08-13, 06:44 PM
When you guys have been ordering, what are your purchase prices in relation to MSRP? I'm wondering if I place an order for a 2014, am I guaranteeing MSRP or will the dealer negotiate?

I ordered a 2013 OBM Vagon, the pre tax & tags price I negotiated to was ~$6,500 under MSRP for a moderately optioned car. Of course, YMMV and different months and different dealers are different. Shop around and you should be able to do well.

timg
05-08-13, 07:35 PM
VMoose, the sunroof is a deal killer. Sorry about the PMs, for some reason the forum only allows me to store 2...

Mine was under invoice, but then they added in advertising fees. All of the local dealers I talked with worked this way. They were very clear about what their cost was (of course without mentioning holdback) and what I would pay and showed me exactly what the GM dealer ordering website showed for pricing after configuring the car. In the end, it was over $4000 under MSRP + current dealer cash, so ~ $6000 under MSRP including destination, advertising, dealer fees, etc. but without tax and title. Even after tax and title, it should still be under MSRP.

Tim

Tim

neuronbob
05-08-13, 07:57 PM
I think there is something more serious to it all. The dealer said I had to sign a waiver to accept it. Plus it would bug me to no end not knowing what really happened. I paid for a new car, not a damaged and repaired car.

That's what made me recommend ordering a new one. Signing a waiver to accept a brand new car, no matter how fixed it was at the factory, would make me nervous. Make a new order and move on, bro.

Dealer will negotiate. I got my ordered wagon in December for a few hundred above invoice, which was still over $5k below MSRP. It wasn't a below-invoice barn burner deal that people like to show off on the Internet, but I feel I got a reasonable deal for a car I had to order in an unusual color (most dealers buy black, white, or red as those are the colors that sell fastest, especially black).

Random84
05-08-13, 08:17 PM
My order was $500 below invoice and they would walk away from it for less (special order with trade in). If the car was on the lot, they would go more to move it. Understandably, dealer takes a lot of risk to guarantee a deal 6 weeks out.

I.would ask around and see if someone can hook you up with a friends & family discount, that would ne the best deal.

JKG
05-08-13, 08:55 PM
sorry to hear the bad news. On my end, rumor is that my stealth blue wagon has arrived at dealer. i hope they dont bash it into a wall. I saw a Toyota salesman do that once when trying to sell my wife a minivan.
Anyway, I guess now I finally have to sell my really sweet 2010 Jeep SRT8. it will be hard to let it go - it really is a great ride. Anyone interested? I ordered the V wagon on an impulse, because you guys had me convinced they were done making them forever. Now they are going to make more for 2014? oh well.

Jinx
05-08-13, 09:54 PM
They're not going to make more stealth blue. And who knows how long they'll make the 2014s.

neuronbob
05-08-13, 10:13 PM
They can't have that many parts left for the 2014 Vs. I don't imagine this will be a long run.

VMoose
05-08-13, 11:25 PM
I really like the stealth blue, but I'd be happy with the phantom gray too. No word from the dealer today so I get some more time to sit and chew on my options. There are lots of cool cars out there, and even this one I can't expect to have forever.

Jinx
05-09-13, 12:21 AM
They can't have that many parts left for the 2014 Vs. I don't imagine this will be a long run.

Why must MY2014 be built from spare parts? Why wouldn't they just keep ordering parts from suppliers and running them down the line until the orders stop coming or the tooling wears out?

neuronbob
05-09-13, 05:46 AM
Why must MY2014 be built from spare parts? Why wouldn't they just keep ordering parts from suppliers and running them down the line until the orders stop coming or the tooling wears out?

Fair point. We simply won't know what Cadillac does until they actually do it. I'm just speculating.

VMoose
05-09-13, 04:53 PM
Dealer is confirming order window for 2014, because any re-order will be a 2014. Told me over the phone that I could be looking at SEP-OCT13 for a delivery date. He will confirm tomorrow. Stealth blue is looking like it's out the window, but I'm not too concerned. The limited availability of the stealth blue was nice, but I think a phantom gray metallic will be much more striking.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if I want to sit around that long waiting for a V wagon.

pat2t2f
05-09-13, 05:03 PM
There was no offer from the dealer for a lower price for the damaged car? With a full warranty and an extra $10,000 in my pocket I might be tempted to sign the waiver and hope for the best.

ddivinia
05-09-13, 05:15 PM
That sucks. How about have them make a stealth blue 2014...

D.

ddivinia
05-09-13, 05:17 PM
Also. Maybe the dealer would let you borrow a car while they fix this problem.

D.

neuronbob
05-09-13, 06:41 PM
There was no offer from the dealer for a lower price for the damaged car? With a full warranty and an extra $10,000 in my pocket I might be tempted to sign the waiver and hope for the best.

Interesting possibility there.

Gman1023
05-09-13, 08:18 PM

After reading through the thread the first time I went through the mental exercise, and yes, faced with the same situation I would offer them to take $10k off the negotiated price and I'd keep it. That would be the bottom line though.

VMoose
05-10-13, 02:48 AM
I've given it some more thought, and I would accept the stealth blue V wagon if $10,000 was taken off the negotiated price. I know this was not offered to me as an option and I'm slightly surprised given the $2200 of unexplained damages and having to sign a waiver to accept it. The offer of GM accessories was kind in recognition of the inconvenience, but paying new car price for a damaged and repaired V wagon does not make sense to me.

Based on the phone conversation with the dealer, the initial expectation that any other V wagon that would be built is a 2014 and would take until SEP-OCT 2013 to be delivered is doable but not ideal after waiting 5 weeks already. I could certainly go car-less until fall, but I am curious to know what they will think of the proposal.

Of course I am still very interested to get the full information from Cadillac on the 2014 orders, options, and timelines so that I can make the decision and move forward in a specific direction.

Me Wanna A V
05-10-13, 01:19 PM
Tim:

I'm just curious as to this "waiver" they would want you to sign if u took the car....

What exactly would this waiver state?

Chrispy
05-10-13, 02:42 PM
I would order new and not go with 10K off. Who knows what they hit it with or if it fell off the rack etc LOL. Not worth the risk.

VMoose
05-10-13, 02:57 PM
I don't think I'll pursue the damaged wagon that much. 2014 will happen for the V wagon. In regards to the damaged unit, here is a little insight from the dealer:
GM will end up giving the damaged unit to a factory official to drive for a few months, at least that's what they normally do, then send to auction.

----------

Tim:

I'm just curious as to this "waiver" they would want you to sign if u took the car....

What exactly would this waiver state?

I have no idea... and I'm not sure I want to know. With the scarcity of the details on how it happened, I don't think I could commit to accepting the wagon even with 10K off.

Random84
05-10-13, 03:12 PM
So that's where all those "GM Executive" vehicles from Ryan's Auto Mall come from! ...I wonder if these kinds of things would ever show up on a carfax/autocheck/VIS report?

neuronbob
05-10-13, 05:58 PM
So that's where all those "GM Executive" vehicles from Ryan's Auto Mall come from! ...I wonder if these kinds of things would ever show up on a carfax/autocheck/VIS report?

They almost certainly do not show up on a Carfax, Autocheck, or on the GMVIS.

I shudder to think that I was actively considering a GM exec vehicle a few months ago. Makes you think.....

WGT31
05-12-13, 02:00 PM
Auto trader has one listed in New York a 6sp. Kinda strapped right now but would trade my TG for a SB in a heart beat. Was the dealer in BW TN still taking the car? Sorry for your trouble. I wanted a SB when I purchased mine a year ago. Everyone kept saying now way would they build one. If I had known, I would have waited. I just luv that color, had a 91 Vette that color and my '06 V was SG. Good Luck in finding one i searched a year before I bought my '11 TG Wagon.

timg
05-12-13, 07:14 PM
Auto trader has one listed in New York a 6sp. Kinda strapped right now but would trade my TG for a SB in a heart beat. Was the dealer in BW TN still taking the car? Sorry for your trouble. I wanted a SB when I purchased mine a year ago. Everyone kept saying now way would they build one. If I had known, I would have waited. I just luv that color, had a 91 Vette that color and my '06 V was SG. Good Luck in finding one i searched a year before I bought my '11 TG Wagon.

Looks like that one doesn't have a sunroof based on the MSRP.

Tim

VMoose
05-12-13, 11:52 PM
I will ask my dealer to see what the full option list on that one. I don't want a sunroof...

1997BlackETC
05-12-13, 11:57 PM
Ya, moose at this point you'd probabley be best off just to get one off a lot. I had sorta the same thing happen to me with my V, I bought a Sedan last summer, it had previous crash damage that was repaired and the dealer agreed to take it back and order me a new one, the order was nearly 3 months in and the car had not been made yet so I found one on a lot in another state and the dealer agreed to get the car for me. Even though it was not the exact color I wanted it all worked out.

Jinx
05-13-13, 12:01 AM
Hang in there, VMoose. I don't have my wagon yet either. Here's to the '14s.

1997BlackETC
05-13-13, 12:02 AM
Heres one here in NY, it is Stealth Blue Metallic with a Manual and no sunroof http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=34293&endYear=2014&modelCode1=CTS&showcaseOwnerId=65346561&startYear=2013&makeCode1=CAD&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=WAGON&mmt=%5BCAD%5BCTS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&minPrice=62000&listingId=346210878&Log=0

VMoose
05-13-13, 01:00 AM
Hang in there, VMoose. I don't have my wagon yet either. Here's to the '14s.

The dealer still has not gotten back with me on the questions I have asked. Hopefully tomorrow, they will get with Cadillac and ask about the damaged SB V Wagon, its disposition, and if they would discount it heavily. They should also get some more solid details on when a new V wagon can be built.

I know I would be very happy with a phantom gray metallic V wagon optioned with yellow calipers instead like the V sedan I had. I am curious about the SB V wagon in NY, but I don't want to distract my dealer with another question until they answer the first two I have out to them.

Jinx, what's the story on yours?

----------

Heres one here in NY, it is Stealth Blue Metallic with a Manual and no sunroof http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=34293&endYear=2014&modelCode1=CTS&showcaseOwnerId=65346561&startYear=2013&makeCode1=CAD&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=WAGON&mmt=%5BCAD%5BCTS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&minPrice=62000&listingId=346210878&Log=0

Interested. I went to the dealer's website and I couldn't find the same vehicle.

Random84
05-13-13, 11:35 AM
Looks like that Wagon linked above has sold.

VMoose
05-13-13, 11:49 AM
Sighborgs. Re-engaging with the dealer today. Hopefully I will have some feedback.

1997BlackETC
05-13-13, 05:48 PM
Bummer, ya, the listing is now removed from autotrader, must be sold.

jwbhole
05-13-13, 11:50 PM
I ordered and now have in my garage what I think may be the last thunder gray Vagon with 6 speed. Pretty much have every option including black chrome grill. What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money. Now I hear they are making '14s. How can I find out how many of these vagons were made? I do know one thing, with the black wheels and red calipers, people stop look and say, basically "coolest car ever" including Porsche drivers.

1997BlackETC
05-14-13, 12:22 AM
I ordered and now have in my garage what I think may be the last thunder gray Vagon with 6 speed. Pretty much have every option including black chrome grill. What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money. Now I hear they are making '14s. How can I find out how many of these vagons were made? I do know one thing, with the black wheels and red calipers, people stop look and say, basically "coolest car ever" including Porsche drivers.

Ya, that's a really good color combo you got there. I think I will eventually paint my yellow Calipers Red on my Black diamond Vagon, I think that would look better, at the same time maybe change out my goldish pinstripe to a red pinstripe

VMoose
05-14-13, 02:31 AM

You are right, that is an awesome combination and way cool wagon. Dealer sent me two emails today, both saying they could not get in touch with the factory.

... we will have information and choices in the morning. We will be in touch.

It's not good to have this time in limbo, I keep looking at all the other cars out there and there are some awesome rides around the 75k mark.

C6, GT500, M3, '14 Cayman

...but then again, none are a 6-speed V wagon. I'm hoping for good news tomorrow!

Random84
05-14-13, 08:04 AM
What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money.

IMHO, "saving" a car for some perceived increase in value 30 years from now is a fool's errand. For one thing, you may not live long enough to realize those gains (avg life expectancy for men is what, 76?) - and then what would you do with the money at that age anyway, buy a brand-new off the showroom floor electric scooter?

Then factor in the maintenance, repair costs, insurance and storage of a vehicle you rarely drive over 30 years, PLUS inflation and the costs of driving a different vehicle instead of the Wagon, etc etc. And then factor in whatever you think your enjoyment is worth - and the perceived gains of a low mile, low volume wagon going over the auction block during your Estate sale thirty years from now doesn't look like such an awesome choice.

IMHO, drive the piss out of that thing and take lots of pictures along the way.

Jinx
05-14-13, 10:20 AM
There's a good reason to hold onto a car for that long: to give it to your grandkids. :)

1997BlackETC
05-14-13, 12:03 PM
Fossil fuels may not be available by then!!!

thebigjimsho
05-14-13, 12:14 PM
Dear lord...

Random84
05-14-13, 12:45 PM
Fossil fuels may not be available by then!!!

But there will be no shortage of uninsured drivers... good luck!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30301529.jpg

jwbhole
05-14-13, 05:23 PM
All good points. I'll drive and keep it. But it really would be great to know the actual production run. How many M6 Vagons were built by year?

Random84
05-14-13, 05:31 PM
All good points. I'll drive and keep it. But it really would be great to know the actual production run. How many M6 Vagons were built by year?

If you can find the total number of CTSV's built per year, approximately 15% are wagons, and approximately 15-17% are manuals (both figures are of total production). I think I recall there being - on average - around 4,000 CTSV's built annually since 2009. Wagons were offered in 2010 through 2014 (5 model years) and I'd guess `14 will be a short/low volume run to offset peak years, so...

some gross approximating tells me around 1500 manual wagons will probably be produced in the US/North America... give or take a hundred.

Crap, I better go saran-wrap mine to protect it for the future! :D

Saleen09
05-14-13, 06:32 PM
VMoose, that SUCKS! Just caught up on your cars status.

My SB Sedan is being built 05/17 with a transport date of 05/24. Not sure how 3 days ordering difference made for over a months' production difference. Was HOPING I would see SB in person before mine got here.

Any update today on what the dealer came back with?

VMoose
05-14-13, 11:26 PM
All quiet for my email inbox, was definitely expecting to see my options. I will call them tomorrow.

VMoose
05-15-13, 03:10 PM
Alright, some news. I am leaning towards the fixed, stealth blue V wagon. 1 of 49! Thoughts everyone after 10 pages in this thread?

You can get the 2014 CTS V Wagon in the color you want with the yellow calipers. They will not start building it until Sept 27 and it will take approx 8 weeks to get here.
She did however want to remind me that there are only 49 2013 units made in the limited color and you still have until repairs are made if you change your mind, (just a few more days). Just lets us know what you want to do. Sorry for the delay, they only have one person handling this.

tinman
05-15-13, 03:21 PM
1 of 49. Who are you buying this car for? Get the color combo you will most enjoy!

VMoose
05-15-13, 03:29 PM
Buying it for me, to keep. I'd be happy with both colors, but probably happier with a color where I won't see another one like it sitting at a stoplight across from me. I'm sure both colors are or will be equally great. Plus, not waiting until November is a big plus...

tinman
05-15-13, 03:58 PM
Then Git 'er done!

Me Wanna A V
05-15-13, 06:01 PM
Tim:

So what are they gonna do for you as far as any kind of discount and did u get any more "details" as far as what the waiver states if u decide to purchase it????????

VMoose
05-16-13, 01:02 AM
Me Wanna A V, still tracking it down. I asked my questions quite clearly concerning a discount and the possibility of the 2014. They answered the 2014 question.

I need to understand what I am exactly waiving if I decide to accept it.

WGT31
05-16-13, 07:35 AM
I want a blue one!!!!!

VMoose
05-16-13, 09:20 AM
A little more info from the dealer below, but it didn't make the choice any easier. No further discount. Still leaning towards the stealth blue because I think it will look really sharp with the red calipers. Plus I wouldn't mind having a car to drive when I get home.

I'll try to get a copy for you, as far as the discount they won't take anything off. As far as the value of the car I can't see it being effected there will not be a car fax or auto check noting the incident. The waiver is a law, but GM as a manufacture has to be able to repair anything they build. I'll call when I get to work.

Jinx
05-16-13, 10:12 AM
Yeah, but what exactly are you waiving?

VMoose
05-16-13, 10:14 AM
Haha, exactly.... Trying to get that in writing ahead of time.

Jinx
05-16-13, 10:40 AM
Seems to me they should be perfectly willing to fax that over to you now. Keep in mind this is a car dealer and they may not be sophisticated enough to scan it and email it to you, and heaven forbid they be asked to read it and digest and convey its meaning.

VMoose
05-16-13, 10:52 AM
It's been painful eeking bits of information out of them.

neuronbob
05-16-13, 12:28 PM
It's been painful eeking bits of information out of them.

That's really unfortunate. I think you need to ask point blank, "what does the waiver say"? If they can't tell you or won't tell you, then walk. It should not be that complicated for them to tell you.

We really need a Cadillac Rep to at least TRY to help you out here. Try PM-ing them on the forum.

1997BlackETC
05-16-13, 12:28 PM
I'd keep your eyes open for one on a site like autotrader or cars.com and when you find what you want at whatever dealer just try and make your best deal and go out to pick it up or have them deliver it moose. If you play your cards right you can have the Vagen of your dreams pretty quick.

VMoose
05-16-13, 12:39 PM
That's really unfortunate. I think you need to ask point blank, "what does the waiver say"? If they can't tell you or won't tell you, then walk. It should not be that complicated for them to tell you.

We really need a Cadillac Rep to at least TRY to help you out here. Try PM-ing them on the forum.

My exact words to them: "What exactly am I waiving if I accept the damaged and repaired V wagon and can you forward me a copy of the waiver to review? I need to understand what the waiver means for me as the buyer."

They said they will have that answer today.

I can understand this might be new for them... how many special ordered cars get damaged badly enough to require notice to the buyer?

Random84
05-16-13, 12:41 PM

My experience is that the Reps are pretty much all show - trade a few pleasant emails, "I'll get right back to you" and then... nada.

Your mileage may vary, but I sent a pretty simple request via email three separate times to the same person, and she just stopped replying after the 2nd email exchange. She was nice though. :D

neuronbob
05-16-13, 01:05 PM
OK I stand corrected, Random84. :)

Thanks for the update, VMoose. I'll let up. It sounds like they are making a good-faith effort to resolve the issue.

1997BlackETC
05-16-13, 02:20 PM
Like I said, find a good car on a lot anywhere in the USA that you want, if you can't work a good enough deal walk. The dealer your dealing with sounds pretty much useless like most of them. Ordering is just not worth it, I'll never order another car. Even if it's not exactly what you want, like good ole Mick says, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need" lol.

Random84
05-16-13, 03:19 PM
OK I stand corrected, Random84. :)

To be fair - I'm just posting my experience. I'm sure others have had positive experiences and I would like to think the Cadillac Reps would have some pull... but color me a cynic.

With that said, I'd still ask; but I'd ask for a GM/Cadillac Corporate phone number and call them myself. The worse that happens is someone says "no." :D

thebigjimsho
05-16-13, 03:43 PM
Like I said, find a good car on a lot anywhere in the USA that you want, if you can't work a good enough deal walk. The dealer your dealing with sounds pretty much useless like most of them. Ordering is just not worth it, I'll never order another car. Even if it's not exactly what you want, like good ole Mick says, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need" lol.

Your dealer didn't have allocation. That was your problem.

1997BlackETC
05-16-13, 04:29 PM
Your dealer didn't have allocation. That was your problem. Although I could never get to the bottom of why it had been nearly 3 months and the car had not even hit the assembly line, I'd say your probably right, it's a good thing I did what I did and found one on a lot in PA even though it was not the exact color I wanted.

VMoose
05-17-13, 01:10 AM
After a phone conversation, they said I could accept the wagon and if at delivery, I'm not completely happy with it (paint, body, or I find it unappealing) I can walk away. They also said they do not like keeping deposits so they would make some noise with GM if I turned the car down because of its condition. Then of course they would refund the deposit.

I feel like I don't have too much to lose at this point. Waiver actually turned out to be more of a disclosure notice, saying that I acknowledge that the car was damaged and repaired at the factory and that I am willing to accept it. As far as discounts, I will use the $1000 in GM accessories and buy a spare tire kit and other goodies like cargo management. Also a fellow forum member and friend hooked up a supplier discount, so I will be able to compare that price to what I negotiated to see where the better deal is.

1997BlackETC
05-17-13, 02:25 AM
Geezus though, I'd try and get more than the grand off the car though, after all it was damaged, maybe like 5 grand off or so, so an additional 4 grand from the 1 grand they are offering you, otherwise I'd walk. If you do end up doing it though I'd bring a good body shop guy with you when you go look at the car, there are things those guys can pick out that us mortals cannot since they look at cars all the time. That's what happened with my last CTS-V I got damaged. I thought it was just the hood a little bit out of alignment when in reality it was the fender and to move that to line up with the hood was no simple task, it got a lot more involved than what I thought, when I realized the implications of this I asked for a new car. I did not want to get burned on the car when I went to trade it in a few years later by the person inspecting the car realizing it was in a accident, you need to think about all this. It may be worth less at the trade in, probably will be.

VMoose
05-17-13, 02:31 AM
The dealer doesn't have anything to fear until they actually accept the car for their inventory so my bargaining chips are only with the factory. If I take the GM accessories deal from the district rep, when the car shows up I can negotiate more aggressively. You have good advice in bringing a body guy.

neuronbob
05-17-13, 07:40 AM
OK, VMoose. Now that all the info is out there....I'd just do it and have it inspected by someone of your choice prior to delivery, since you can at least get your deposit back and walk if necessary. Since the repair was done at the factory, though.....I'm pretty sure it will be picture perfect or close to it and we'll see a new wagon member here in the next few weeks. (Being optimistic here :) )

VMoose
05-17-13, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the optimism neuronbob! :) I have my own cautious optimism as well. Time to start picking out some accessories....

Me Wanna A V
05-17-13, 05:44 PM
Tim:

Add the Tow Hook (Eye) to your list of accessories....

part# 20840384 MSRP $86.50

Don't know why GM doesn't include it with the U.S. cars.....

VMoose
05-18-13, 01:01 AM
I wonder if they will include any discount on the accessories.

Here is what I have so far if I am going off MSRP:
$495 (302.94 online) - 19179359 - Tire Kit
$86.50 (52.94 online) - 20840384 - Tow eye hook
$130 (95.55 online) - 20992615 - Cadillac Logo, Collapsible, 2 Removable Dividers, Black
$180 ($132.30 online) - 22745545 - Cargo Fence
$199 ($167.16 online) - 19257868 - Roadway™ 2 Bike Hitch Rack by Thuleģ (actually to be used on wife's Audi)
-------
1090.50 (750.89 online)

If going off a discounted price, I could add in these four as well:
$100 (73.50 online) - 19211370 - Cargo Tray, Ebony with Cadillac Script Logo
$155 (113.93 online) - 22743384 - Cargo Partition, Flex Divider and 2 Partition Sliders
$45.00 (33.08 online) - 22851772 - Fire Extinguisher and Bracket, (2.5LB ABC)(2 KGS)
$60.00 (44.10 online) - 19159598 - Premium All Weather, Ebony, rear seats
-------
1015.50 (total of all accessories at discounted online price)

My guess is that I will have to go off MSRP.

Kluch
05-18-13, 02:33 AM
The least they can do is throw in all the trinkets you list there for the inconvenience. I think u are making a good decision. Good idea to bring an independent inspector of your choice and have any fees charged covered by GM. Hoping it all works out for u

Saleen09
05-22-13, 02:14 PM
VMoose, good to hear things are progressing. I think waiting to see the car in person AND having it independantly inspected is a rock solid plan.

My SB Sedan is officially scheduled for 06/02-06/05. Should be able to share some pics back :)

VMoose
05-23-13, 01:50 AM
Saleen09, thanks for checking in. The dates you provided, are they build dates or delivery dates for you?

The wagon is still being fixed, I assume. I have to find someone in the Nashville area who can meet me at the dealer for the inspection when it finally shows up.

I will check in with my sales guy for updates before the week ends.

Chrispy
05-23-13, 09:49 AM
I would get it in writing that you can get your deposit back if you decide to walk.

tinman
05-23-13, 09:52 AM
Chris CTSV Wagon is correct. This is just like real estate. If it isn't in writing it isn't real. Remember, when their lips are moving they're lying.

VMoose
05-23-13, 10:30 AM
A bunch of pessimists... ;-) Some dealers can be trusted. They are willing to make it right, and besides I have it recorded in email traffic.

tinman
05-23-13, 10:55 AM
The only purpose here is to help you. If I could throw in a couple of cents to maybe help insure you against a major hose job then I will contribute those 2 cents. Just tryin' :bonkers:

VMoose
05-23-13, 10:58 AM
Thanks tinman, I really appreciate it. They are certainly trying to maximize profits no matter who it is and what they are selling. I'm trying not to misstep on this one as it's a big purchase, as most cars can be at this point!

tinman
05-23-13, 11:01 AM
Definitely major bucks. Let's get this thing - and that wheel - in your hands!

Me Wanna A V
05-23-13, 12:11 PM
Tim:

When u bring your body shop guy to inspect the vehicle pre-purchase, I think u should tell the dealer that u want access to a lift in the service department so your body guy can give it a complete look over..

God only knows what might get over looked otherwise.....

VMoose
05-23-13, 02:11 PM
Lift is a good idea. Thanks Me Wanna A V.

WGT31
05-23-13, 07:33 PM
When will the car be in? If you decide to get it I would luv a look see. That color is my favorite. I grew up in Hopkinsville. We can have a Vagon day. That dealer is pretty straight up.

Saleen09
05-24-13, 01:02 AM
VMoose, those are the delivery dates. Less than two weeks till I can see SB in person!

1997BlackETC
05-24-13, 01:41 AM
I would not take a damaged new V, it's such an expensive car you need to think about resale value and you would eithically have to disclose when you sold or traded in the car that it had repaired damage from the factory, at least I would. This is why I'm shocked they are not offering to give you at least 5 grand off the price, not sure how much below msrp you're paying now, but I would want at least that off the originally negotiated price.

VMoose
05-24-13, 02:10 AM
The numbers are shaking out ok, and they will probably only get better in June. Hope these numbers help other people considering a purchase.

72,530 msrp
-3,349.84 initial discount at 500 over invoice
-------
-2000 bonus cash incentive
-750 USAA incentive
-------
66,430.16 (Total estimated discount from MSRP: 6,099.84)
Plus 1000 in GM accessories, much of which I'd truly like to have

Lastly, I don't pay taxes in TN on the car purchase, so I'm saving several thousand there as well.

If everything checks out with the body guy, I won't have much hesitation with it.

VMoose
05-24-13, 07:04 AM
VMoose, those are the delivery dates. Less than two weeks till I can see SB in person!

Awesome, glad to hear it! Can't wait to see more pictures of the SBM paint.

texasnoiz
05-24-13, 11:36 PM
Going to Sewell Cadillac in West Houston in the morning to figure out if a new V wagon can still be ordered.

VMoose
05-24-13, 11:49 PM
You should be able to place an order for a 2014, on June 10th.

VMoose
05-28-13, 02:48 PM
THE WAGON HAS ARRIVED. I'm under a week from coming home from my deployment too.

Dealer teaser shot. I'm thrilled with the color so far. I am trying to get a few more pictures...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iQ5nZEertaw/UaT7YxB5w8I/AAAAAAAAEaE/AubrKhGa4k4/s800/V%2520Wagon%2520just%2520off%2520transport%2520tru ck.JPG

neuronbob
05-28-13, 03:19 PM
Heck yeah! Looks beautiful.

Just remember, your number one mission is to come home safe bro!

1997BlackETC
05-28-13, 04:03 PM
The gaps on the drivers side look right from what I can see, not sure about the passenger side, can't tell. Probably should take a paint meter around all the body surfaces too. They sure did park the nose of the front end close to the curb, hopefully they did not scrape the undersides of the front spoiler already. Make sure to check under that. Best to have the dealer put the car up on their lift when you check it out when you get there.

VMoose
05-28-13, 04:10 PM
They are going to do their pre-delivery inspection and put it in their service lane to keep it out of the outside lot. That should make for an easy transition when it gets inspected next week.

pat2t2f
05-28-13, 09:02 PM
Good luck, get home safe. Thanks for your service.

StoneCrab
05-28-13, 09:48 PM
The numbers are shaking out ok, and they will probably only get better in June. Hope these numbers help other people considering a purchase.

72,530 msrp
-3,349.84 initial discount at 500 over invoice
-------
-2000 bonus cash incentive
-750 USAA incentive
-------
66,430.16 (Total estimated discount from MSRP: 6,099.84)
Plus 1000 in GM accessories, much of which I'd truly like to have

Lastly, I don't pay taxes in TN on the car purchase, so I'm saving several thousand there as well.

If everything checks out with the body guy, I won't have much hesitation with it.

I don't think the USAA discount can be used with a Cadillac. If the dealer told you otherwise maybe they found a way around it. Taken from the USAA promo website:
"GM discounts not available on Cadillac vehicles, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, and Chevrolet Volt."

VMoose
05-29-13, 12:13 AM
Some more pics:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oemj26NZfAo/UaU9k--qY6I/AAAAAAAAEaw/TcZAAt386Ek/s800/V%2520Wagon%2520just%2520off%2520transport%2520tru ck%2520%25282%2529.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Lcy6xuixs18/UaU9k52zwaI/AAAAAAAAEas/pNCp_z_9a74/s800/V%2520Wagon%2520just%2520off%2520transport%2520tru ck%2520%25283%2529.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Td0uVFFKLis/UaU9p0Bq4pI/AAAAAAAAEbA/PUClcDy03P0/s800/V%2520Wagon%2520just%2520off%2520transport%2520tru ck%2520%25284%2529.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CzxXhCEoY94/UaU9p-4dISI/AAAAAAAAEa8/O6zBvtVs9zc/s800/V%2520Wagon%2520just%2520off%2520transport%2520tru ck%2520%25285%2529.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9FfQ_n6XTl0/UaU9tBzdVAI/AAAAAAAAEbY/aoMridGzQxM/s800/V%2520Wagon%2520just%2520off%2520transport%2520tru ck%2520%25286%2529.JPG

WGT31
05-29-13, 07:36 AM
that's beautiful!!

VMoose
05-29-13, 08:08 AM
I don't think the USAA discount can be used with a Cadillac. If the dealer told you otherwise maybe they found a way around it. Taken from the USAA promo website:
"GM discounts not available on Cadillac vehicles, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, and Chevrolet Volt."

Yeah, you are right. Thanks for the catching that.

Me Wanna A V
05-29-13, 07:45 PM
Tim:

Tell your sales guy to make sure that your car was delivered with the suede shifter as it seems GM has messed up many orders by installing the suede steering wheel but forgetting to install the suede shifter and instead leaving the leather knob...

Might as well get this corrected before you get home if GM did indeed mess yours up too.....

VMoose
06-06-13, 08:40 PM
Picked it up!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AuwlDdTUvJc/UbErgY5uh6I/AAAAAAAAEcU/-Eq0FO-xijI/s800/2013-06-04%252010.28.58.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WMdw9eUbafU/UbErgJesTKI/AAAAAAAAEcQ/rk1uaPr2fIU/s800/2013-06-04%252010.28.47.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XhUjlqxsrLw/UbErgY51_QI/AAAAAAAAEcY/6fnHPHFk3KU/s800/2013-06-04%252010.28.36.jpg

tinman
06-06-13, 08:45 PM
You.did well. She's beautiful!

tcockerVille
06-06-13, 10:05 PM
You.did well. She's beautiful!

No doubt! Welcome home!

neuronbob
06-06-13, 10:07 PM
Welcome home!

Congrats on the new wagon. I'm glad things worked out for you.

That color is better than I thought it would be.

Jinx
06-07-13, 12:20 AM
Fantastic-looking wagon. Sometimes taking a leap really pays off.
Glad you're home and enjoying it.

Me Wanna A V
06-07-13, 12:33 AM
So did u end up bringing a body guy, and if so what was he able to decipher as to what was repaired?

WGT31
06-07-13, 09:21 AM
God thats beautiful!!

VMoose
06-07-13, 05:33 PM
I spoke with an independent body guy and also had the dealer's body manager look over it for me. Everything looked good from all angles and I even got on the ground to look up at the paint. This angle is apparently the easiest to see imperfections.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-oMRwFSc2UtE/UbJQ5gsPiOI/AAAAAAAAEc4/vTqN5mdQQnI/s800/2013-06-07%252009.26.42.jpg

Random84
06-07-13, 06:51 PM
Awesome!

Gman1023
06-07-13, 08:55 PM
Sweet car! That is beautiful!

VMoose
06-08-13, 09:59 AM
Going from the auto to the 6MT has been such a welcome change. I've always had manuals, so it feels so much better and connected to me. The daily drive with rowing the gears is more enjoyable because I don't have to be driving as aggressively to feel the energy of the V wagon.

Also, it has the sueded wheel and shifter. No build issues there.

SARDEANIE
06-08-13, 03:07 PM
I love it! Congrats!

piening2150
06-08-13, 04:02 PM
Beautiful car! Someday I hope to park a Stealth Blue 6MT wagon next to my Stealth Gray V1 :)

Jinx
06-08-13, 05:23 PM
Beautiful car! Someday I hope to park a Stealth Blue 6MT wagon next to my Stealth Gray V1 :)

Considering how few Stealth Blues got built, you might want to start collecting contact information and sucking up now :)

VMoose
06-08-13, 07:03 PM
More pictures!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yPtBLmdHwgA/UbO12LkquAI/AAAAAAAAEdc/PGFDWhSnUKw/s800/2013-06-08%252012.29.50.jpg

Bling
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-El9sewcUs8c/UbO12AnLXWI/AAAAAAAAEdg/RouFFg6gStY/s800/2013-06-08%252012.30.02.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-csoAZRKFTKg/UbO12O79_YI/AAAAAAAAEdk/ivVBy1s7CNU/s800/2013-06-08%252012.30.14.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SrQQ2H2bPSk/UbO12dgxMTI/AAAAAAAAEdo/uBwp9ZxEKh8/s800/2013-06-08%252012.30.27.jpg

Parked at Target today and when we came out, our wagon had a friend! Met the owner too (hi Dan)
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-H0Pu8c78NwA/UbO120Yl30I/AAAAAAAAEeA/oEOr9F3Av6I/s800/2013-06-08%252012.50.05.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5l54yvbW7_k/UbO127fgfyI/AAAAAAAAEd4/jZagPrEFgOg/s800/2013-06-08%252012.50.24.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hB0oQ3h5MTc/UbO120OvZ5I/AAAAAAAAEew/otOhbkRPVI0/s800/2013-06-08%252012.52.01.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hTccu7xIEGo/UbO13pFUvPI/AAAAAAAAEes/sLoMg930aXI/s800/2013-06-08%252012.52.12.jpg

JKG
06-08-13, 09:18 PM
OMG! 2 V wagons in the same picture! I now own a stealth blue wagon V, and I have only seen a regular CTS wagon once ever, and never another V ever. that's a great picture. I got past the break in miles today, and took it up to 5000 rpm with my new exhaust cutouts. This car totally rocks! (or whatever expression you want to put in there) Just as much fun as a corvette Z06!!

hakalugi
06-08-13, 10:39 PM
Congrats. Very nice.

Trapspeed
06-08-13, 11:15 PM
More pictures!

Bling

Parked at Target today and when we came out, our wagon had a friend! Met the owner too (hi Dan)

Now that is awesome!! Good sight to see.

Jinx
06-08-13, 11:35 PM
Two V-wagons in the same parking lot? What sorcery is this!?

One of them was an automatic, right? Because if two manual wagons were ever to touch, the universe would explode.

VMoose
06-09-13, 12:04 AM
They were both manual....

And both did not have sunroofs.

(mind blown)

WGT31
06-09-13, 09:03 AM
Very Cool!

DanPrfct
06-09-13, 04:11 PM
Proud owner of the silver Vagon here... Looks like Moose beat me to posting the pictures. Have to say, the blue looks much better with red calipers than I would have thought.

After the 6-month search to find a Vagon with a 6M, Recaros, and roof delete another unicorn appears. Moose's pictures came out better than mine, but I particularly like this angle.

Trapspeed
06-09-13, 04:31 PM
Proud owner of the silver Vagon here... Looks like Moose beat me to posting the pictures. Have to say, the blue looks much better with red calipers than I would have thought.

After the 6-month search to find a Vagon with a 6M, Recaros, and roof delete another unicorn appears. Moose's pictures came out better than mine, but I particularly like this angle.

Outstanding! Welcome aboard! Great to see you posting. It's kind of rare to get "the other owner" to post outside of a meet or something.

spearfish25
06-09-13, 06:28 PM
I noticed massive storm clouds and a complete solar eclipse on 6/8/13. Must have been around the time you guys parked near each other. That's more unusual than two Ferrari 458s randomly parking next to each other.

thebigjimsho
06-09-13, 06:45 PM

Moose has good parking skillz. Yours needs work, Dan. hahahaha

neuronbob
06-09-13, 08:02 PM
They were both manual....

And both did not have sunroofs.

(mind blown)

OMG someone crossed the streams.......BOOM!!!

I can't believe two unicorns in the same pic.

VMoose
06-09-13, 08:05 PM
Moose has good parking skillz. Yours needs work, Dan. hahahaha

I think he parked well! He gave both V wagons room... No other cars park along that back row anyway.

Random84
06-09-13, 09:13 PM
VMoose was hugging the curb to leave space.

Dan was just not getting too close to the other Unicorn - no need to risk door dings in a wide open parking lot, right?

Neat to see the two cars in one photo.

I'm calling you guys up when I drive to FL in september, we'll get all three of our sticks really close to each other and take photos.

Yeah, that came out right. :D

thebigjimsho
06-09-13, 10:20 PM
You all fail parking lot rulez. If that part of the lot is always empty, Dan should've been parked in the middle of the adjacent two spaces.

Random84
06-09-13, 10:27 PM
Isn't someone being a little too retentive lately?

thebigjimsho
06-09-13, 10:28 PM
Well, I don't have my V anymore so I live vicariously through you g00bs...

1997BlackETC
06-09-13, 11:47 PM
Why not order a new one Jimbo, I heard they have the new "Purple Pimp Edition" coming out soon for 2014, it will have Chrome sidepipes, bull horns on the hood and comes with black fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror. Exterior is purple with lots of extra chrome and interior is geniune leopard skin.

Va72mlibu
06-10-13, 12:38 AM
Hey Dan, I love your car! It's nearly identical to mine, except I have yellow calipers. Excellent taste!

Saleen09
06-12-13, 07:37 PM
My SB Sedan finally came in. Pics from just coming out of the dealership, better to come.

1997BlackETC
06-12-13, 09:19 PM
Thats not good for the tires or the rims, looks like they backed it over the lift. Anyhow, I do like that color and with the yellow calipers it looks great.

VMoose
06-13-13, 05:28 PM
Saleen09, it looks like you tinted it out already! I like it.

texasnoiz
06-13-13, 08:56 PM
http://media.cadillac.com/content/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/CTS-V_Sport_Wagon/2014.html

has anyone placed an order for 2014 V wagon yet? if so what is your date of delivery?

VMoose
06-14-13, 11:54 AM
The red calipers are very sharp with the Stealth Blue...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ngWZf6eiW4Y/Ubs8JRNd6wI/AAAAAAAAEe4/rxjBm_m7w5U/s800/2013-06-14%252010.21.05.jpg

miroad
06-16-13, 01:23 AM
I ordered a 2014 CTS-V Wagon today.
Obsession Red Tintoat
Recaros
Suede wheel and knob
Polished wheels
Yellow calipers
Ebony interior
Sunroof
Midnight Sapelle wood trim

I have a Crystal Red 2010 CTS Sport Wagon and like it perhaps more than any car I've ever owned (and have owned about 30). I've wanted a V wagon (only 1200 sold in 4 model years) ever since they came out in 2011. To me it's the best of all worlds - performance and utility combined. Don't know if it's true but the sales manager of Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA says that Cadillac will only make 750 V's - in all trims and that they will produce the cars early in the model year and then cease CTS-V production. Anybody else hear that?

WGT31
06-16-13, 12:09 PM
Are the 2-piece rotors standard? I was told I couldn't order a 2014 till September.

Arca500
06-16-13, 12:13 PM
That wagon is killer! Love it! The only vehicle I would trade my V sedan for!

Trapspeed
06-16-13, 01:27 PM
Are the 2-piece rotors standard? I was told I couldn't order a 2014 till September.

Yes. They are now.

Cadzilla8
06-16-13, 01:42 PM
Did they do anything different with the 2014 CTS-V?just add new color options? Is it considered a v2 still. I liked the look of the new design of the cts wish they out a v8 in there.

neuronbob
06-16-13, 02:55 PM
Did they do anything different with the 2014 CTS-V?just add new color options? Is it considered a v2 still.

No. Yes. Yes.

pat2t2f
06-16-13, 09:33 PM
I like your response Bob. Very concise and accurate.

WGT31
06-17-13, 08:36 AM
No. Yes. Yes.

And to the point.

VMoose
06-17-13, 06:17 PM
First shipment of the bonus accessories showed up today.

Cadillac collapsible partition
Roadway 2-Bike Rack
Rear heavy duty floor mats
Fire Extinguisher
Tow Hook

Still on order and to come:
Spare tire
Cargo tray
Cargo Fence
Cargo Partition

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4i-IxnARLuY/Ub-ItGy4rwI/AAAAAAAAEfs/vYSNEIKDgsA/s800/2013-06-17%252016.55.38.jpg

VMoose
06-21-13, 10:51 AM
Yesterday I returned the cargo mat, but first item of business yesterday morning was tint and clear bra install!

All photos taken with a Galaxy Note 2. Amazing camera abilities in this phone.

Before:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ac5qk_pD3LY/UcRnR7Sfq3I/AAAAAAAAEg0/1_kGh7oqwqA/s800/2013-06-20%252008.49.38.jpg

After:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Yh6KLyXrkoI/UcRnR3E6XaI/AAAAAAAAEg4/AVkX6iQSrWk/s800/2013-06-20%252012.46.31.jpg

Clear bra line and paint macro shot.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-B1jL25c_Fgg/UcRnRzaktfI/AAAAAAAAEgw/zVlsY-FCOoo/s800/2013-06-20%252019.29.22.jpg

Me Wanna A V
06-21-13, 01:18 PM
Nice.....

How dark did you go on the tint? Looks like 5%, regardless it looks awesome!!!!!!!

Did u just clear bra the hood or did you continue onto the front fenders?

VMoose
06-21-13, 01:25 PM
It's Suntek CTX 35, full ceramic tint. I think the black interior is making it look much darker, but it definitely is darker than other 35% tints I've seen. I wanted to to keep it legal, and also wanted uniform tint all the way around the glass.

The clear bra is partial hood and fender. It turned out well.

I spent 300 on the tint and 600 on the clear bra.

Jinx
06-21-13, 02:08 PM
I envy the legality of your 35% tint.

It really makes the chrome pop.
The dark windows with chrome surround connects nicely with the black-chrome grille with chrome surround.

WGT31
06-21-13, 05:58 PM
Who did it for you?

VMoose
06-21-13, 09:48 PM
Performance Films of Nashville did the tint. His contact Lane Naquin did the clear bra.