: 2003 Escalade Radiator Replacement Euphoria :)

Airdorn
03-31-13, 12:29 AM
Over the past couple of months, a tiny hole in my radiator has been haunting me. Recently, it turned into a big problem, and I could no longer just "add water every couple of days or so"...

So today, I bought a new radiator, thermostat, and hoses from Autozone and got busy.

I gotta tell ya, the Escalade is a pleasure to work in. I can sit right up there in the engine and casually pull parts at my heart's content. Everything came apart either with a plastic press connector, or a bolt with washer. Even the compression fittings for the oil cooler and xmission cooler lines were easy to maneuver.

I got the new radiator in there, replaced the thermostat and the two main hoses, and I was set. I got it all back together in short order and tested the engine. All works flawlessly -- no leaks!

The headlights came-off easy, as did the grill... did you know that the grill only has one bolt holding it tight? Talk about a marvel of engineering! The thing has press-fit clips and rubber grommets to keep it steady and vibration free.

I love this 2003 Escalade. To be honest, they've always looked like gaudy Yukons to me, but I got this one at a super-great price, and so I couldn't turn it down. I'm lad I didn't.

Everything about it screams quality in manufacturing; every time I have to work on it, I'm always met with superior workmanship.

the cadillac man
03-31-13, 01:16 AM
Over the past couple of months, a tiny hole in my radiator has been haunting me. Recently, it turned into a big problem, and I could no longer just "add water every couple of days or so"...

So today, I bought a new radiator, thermostat, and hoses from Autozone and got busy.

I gotta tell ya, the Escalade is a pleasure to work in. I can sit right up there in the engine and casually pull parts at my heart's content. Everything came apart either with a plastic press connector, or a bolt with washer. Even the compression fittings for the oil cooler and xmission cooler lines were easy to maneuver.

I got the new radiator in there, replaced the thermostat and the two main hoses, and I was set. I got it all back together in short order and tested the engine. All works flawlessly -- no leaks!

The headlights came-off easy, as did the grill... did you know that the grill only has one bolt holding it tight? Talk about a marvel of engineering! The thing has press-fit clips and rubber grommets to keep it steady and vibration free.

I love this 2003 Escalade. To be honest, they've always looked like gaudy Yukons to me, but I got this one at a super-great price, and so I couldn't turn it down. I'm lad I didn't.

Everything about it screams quality in manufacturing; every time I have to work on it, I'm always met with superior workmanship.

Cadillac the standard of the world is the reason its so easy to work on

Jophusp
03-31-13, 11:57 AM
I know what you mean, just replaced the water pump on my 2003 escalade. extremely easy, no problems with cheap plastic connectors that break when you try to take them off, everything went right back on. I am tired of hearing, " its just a tahoe underneath". I have had, and worked on Tahoe, avalanche, envoy, trailblazer. Driven just about every SUV and truck out there, THIS IS NOT A TAHOE!!