: Noob needin help!

drios
03-31-13, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, so I recently posted how I bought my V about a week ago and had it inspected and they told me the headlights were cracking and would need to be replaced soon. they want to charge me 1,300 dollars for each headlight PLUS install. I tried contacting Cadillac to have the warranty cover it but no luck with that even though my selling dealership told me that my local dealership should have Cadillac cover it... i was kind of upset I know its a used car but I wouldnt expect Cadillac to leave me with a 3K repair but oh well im trying to fix the solution now, I found these online and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this website or their quality, I tried searching for some reasonable priced OEM ones on ebay and found two.

These are the pair I may purchase, I dont think these are OEM but simply replacements.

http://www.headlightsdepot.com/products/Cadillac/Cts/2009/GM539-B001P#.UVeiBhxL6So

These are the two I found on ebay.

Driver Side:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300874588193?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Passenger Side:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271156709607?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I appreciate any input guys, I just dont want these lights to let me down in a year or less time, they come with some type of warranty but I really do not want to pay that mch for headlights when I can spend it on tires, mods, etc.

THANKS!

1997BlackETC
03-31-13, 03:28 AM
Looks good to me, says it's oem so that means original equipment, it's just used.

USAFRET
03-31-13, 10:20 AM
Circling back to the original problem, could you post up some photo's so we can see what you are talking about. Also was this a manufacturing defect that GM should cover under warranty or could this be attributed to an accident or something the previous owner did themselves.

Both headlights being cracked seems more like an accident than defect.
Thanks

baabootoo
03-31-13, 01:25 PM
Yes, we need more info like mileage/years, etc.

drios
03-31-13, 03:56 PM
The ebay ones claim OEM the other website simply says "replacement" lights.

My V has 29K miles its a 2009 still has the bumper to bumper. Title is clean, bumper shows no signs of impact however the service rep said the lights are not defected and wont cover it because they appear to have been impacted, not sure how they can prove this. Maybe rocks or something from interstate driving??

I can upload pics when I get home its not doing it from iphone go figure :)

I have a place that can do the install for a lot cheaper and their quality is outstanding. Need input from some experienced V owners.

drios
03-31-13, 10:24 PM

THese are the pics of the headlights i currently have.

1997BlackETC
04-01-13, 12:26 AM
Really does not look too bad, looks like it was from impact though, maybe a rough car wash or something? If it were me I'd try to get the selling dealer to cover it especially if it were a Cadillac dealer. If there is no way no how they will cover it, I'd just live with them for now until they get worse.

drios
04-01-13, 02:36 AM
Yeah ive contacted them and they said warranty should cover it call Cadillac to see why my local one wont blah blah, basically Cadillac is calling them tomorrow to see if something can be worked out. I do not know how I missed it before buying and cant believe it was the owners car lol you would think he could easily have small things repaired -___- im going to buy the replacement ones on that website and just have them installed if Cadillac doesnt help me out tomorrow. 99.99% sure they wont, the selling dealership also stated that they werent "obligated" to have the car in new condition.