: 2005 Electrical Help

starnold
03-30-13, 07:14 PM
Hi Folks!
Kind of an interesting situation I have with my '05 Escalade. I am in the process of trying to figure out why I only have 10.9v
at the cigarette lighter socket. The one by the ashtray. Today I disassembled the console and was able to determine that the
harness is only supplying 10.9v.....I traced it through the large plug under the cup holders, but from there it goes up front
under the dash, and I'm lost!! I did check to see if making the ground better would help, not any different. Anyone ever had an issue like this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this specific piece of the harness? Any tips or tricks would be great!
Thanks,
Seth

the cadillac man
03-30-13, 07:36 PM
Hi Folks!
Kind of an interesting situation I have with my '05 Escalade. I am in the process of trying to figure out why I only have 10.9v
at the cigarette lighter socket. The one by the ashtray. Today I disassembled the console and was able to determine that the
harness is only supplying 10.9v.....I traced it through the large plug under the cup holders, but from there it goes up front
under the dash, and I'm lost!! I did check to see if making the ground better would help, not any different. Anyone ever had an issue like this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this specific piece of the harness? Any tips or tricks would be great!
Thanks,
Seth

I would clean the battery terminals before I do anything

6lbsofSound
03-30-13, 09:56 PM
Is it 10.9v all the time? What's the voltage when running vs truck off?

the cadillac man
03-30-13, 11:25 PM
Is it 10.9v all the time? What's the voltage when running vs truck off?

It should be no less then 11-12 volt depending on the size of the battery

starnold
03-31-13, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the tips so far! I'll clean the battery today and retest. It is 10.9v all the time. Must be that this voltage is too low for anything to work in this outlet. Can't get anything that I plug in to power up. Thanks again!!!

6lbsofSound
03-31-13, 09:31 AM
It should be no less then 11-12 volt depending on the size of the battery

Why do you feel the need to post useless info? And one up people on here? I was asking the OP a question in order to get more info an point him in the right direction.

the cadillac man
03-31-13, 12:42 PM
Why do you feel the need to post useless info? And one up people on here? I was asking the OP a question in order to get more info an point him in the right direction.

I was just saying it could be the battery getting a bad cell(which I had happen to me before) but if you think it was useless then that was a insult

the cadillac man
03-31-13, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the tips so far! I'll clean the battery today and retest. It is 10.9v all the time. Must be that this voltage is too low for anything to work in this outlet. Can't get anything that I plug in to power up. Thanks again!!!

Most things that run off 12 volt will work with 11volt minimum

starnold
04-13-13, 08:36 PM
Still chasing this nightmare! I have traced it back to the main harness. Anybody have or know where I can look at a wiring diagram?

mikedyk43
04-13-13, 08:45 PM
Still chasing this nightmare! I have traced it back to the main harness. Anybody have or know where I can look at a wiring diagram?

Here is a thread I started with digital service manuals. Wiring diagrams are also among the many other manuals. They are all free to download...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281422

the cadillac man
04-13-13, 09:11 PM
Here is a thread I started with digital service manuals. Wiring diagrams are also among the many other manuals. They are all free to download...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281422

Mike can you email I have something to ask you