: CUE update and Spotify

hambone8
03-30-13, 07:05 PM
Since the update I've been unable to stream Spotify to the CUE system via USB cable. For this most part this used to work great before the update. Sometimes I would have to choose another source then go back to my iPhone from CUE or recycle the Spotify app. The important thing was I could get it working. Tried it today and the only way I could get the stream to work was over bluetooth which I'm not interesting in using. Anyone else been able to get spotify to work POST-cue update? I did manage to get Pandora to connect, but it seems rather flaky. Lag perhaps...

Chris Shillinger
04-02-13, 05:20 PM
If you absolutely do not want to use Bluetooth, then try using an auxilary cable to play the audio. Its all the same when coming from a phone.

AZCADATS
04-03-13, 11:26 AM
What device are you using to stream Spotify? I am able to stream Spotify with a USB connection with my iPhone 4 I keep in the car. However, I was using an iPhone 3s originally in the car that was streaming Spotify, but after the CUE update the iPhone 3 was no longer able to connect and stream. So I tried a few other devices and found that whatever changed in the CUE update, it did not work with the older iPhone but was fine with newer devices. So if you are using an old device, you may want to test it out with a newer one if possible. The way I stream Spotify is once I have the device selected, it automatically starts to play whatever songs I have on that device. I then launch Spotify and select the playlist/song and it fades out the internally stored music and starts to stream Spotify.

hambone8
04-03-13, 05:34 PM
----------

[/COLOR]I'm using an iPhone5. Im anti bt for music streaming unless in a pinch. I always use a lighting USB adapter. I stopped carrying music local on my 5 after I discovered spotify worked. I did enable the offline option to download selected playlists to negate LTE spottiness.

The funny thing I just noticed a spotify update yesterday specially for my ford touch. Was hoping that just might fix it. No luck. And, yes I've rebooed and reinstalled the app.

hambone8
04-05-13, 03:34 PM
Fixed. I loaded a few tracks from iTunes to start the stream then switch to spotify. In all honestly, this may have been broken before the cue update. I may have deleted local iTunes tracks a few days before my upgrade and never checked it out.