: V's Rotor's

USAFRET
03-30-13, 10:58 AM
Having time to go over my V that I bought last week I'm discovery things I need help with.

Are these the standard front rotor's that came on 2011 V's? They look like two piece rotor's to me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/AFVETTE/CTS-V/file_zpsb4d690c2.jpg

Also I noticed only the passenger side has the V logo on the door sill plate, the drivers door has the Cadillac script
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/AFVETTE/CTS-V/file_zps7f89a5b6.jpg
Passenger door sill w/V logo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/AFVETTE/CTS-V/file_zps392e28c0.jpg

Is the normal?

Tom

HUGN*RDS
03-30-13, 11:42 AM
I just looked at my 09 V sedan, and both door sills have a V only. hope that helps. also the rotors are the new design and are two piece. my 09 has the original 1 pieces. they changed them I think for noise issues.

hulksdaddy
03-30-13, 11:45 AM
The previous owner probably had the two-piece rotors installed when they were available as a TSB for wheel clicking.

I will check my '12 V Coupe sills when I get home tonight.

USAFRET
03-30-13, 12:15 PM
The previous owner probably had the two-piece rotors installed when they were available as a TSB for wheel clicking.

I will check my '12 V Coupe sills when I get home tonight.

That's not surprising as the "previous owner" was GM. This was a GM executive driven vehicle and eventually put on the auction block.

I must have gotten one of the best pre-owned 2011 V in America. It also has brand new tires and as it sits it has just 4555 miles on the clock.

hulksdaddy
03-30-13, 12:28 PM
That's not surprising as the "previous owner" was GM. This was a GM executive driven vehicle and eventually put on the auction block.

I must have gotten one of the best pre-owned 2011 V in America. It also has brand new tires and as it sits it has just 4555 miles on the clock.

Makes you wonder what the "executive" did to necessitate new tires at less then 5k miles.

c55asleep
03-30-13, 01:10 PM
Makes you wonder what the "executive" did to necessitate new tires at less then 5k miles.

Same thing I was thinking!

Trapspeed
03-30-13, 01:11 PM

My thoughts exactly. Although I'm more concerned with why the sill plates don't match. Mine are V on both sides...but my car is an '09, too.

USAFRET
03-30-13, 02:40 PM

It's not so nefarious, the dealer I bought it from said the left side tires received some sidewall damage as it was being backed off the hauler it was on. I have the dealers invoice for the new tires indicating this.

1997BlackETC
03-30-13, 02:50 PM
I'm sure the car lived a rough life if it was execs driving the car, maybe some track days? As long as you got a decent warranty on the car though you should be alright.

neuronbob
03-30-13, 03:20 PM
Both my 2009 and 2013 Vs had/have V sills on both sides. This one is just different.

USAFRET
03-30-13, 04:31 PM
I'm sure the car lived a rough life if it was execs driving the car, maybe some track days? As long as you got a decent warranty on the car though you should be alright.

Balance of B2B, car went into service on 1 April 2011 so I'm not concerned. My last 4 Vette's all saw track duty and all are still in service running just fine. In fact two of my Vette's are owned by club buddies and I still see them and their Vette's. It's not like these cars aren't designed for such duty, and I suspect any and all issues were addressed better than any local dealer could have done.

akh
03-31-13, 05:41 PM
I think the rotor picture shows a 1 pc rotor. Just went and looked at mine and they are the two pc replacement GM ones with the locking tabs.

hulksdaddy
03-31-13, 08:42 PM
Detailed my ride today. V on both sills.

You got a special edition it seems. :thumbsup:

Kluch
04-01-13, 08:36 PM
Those are the 1 piece rotors you have there. And the door sills should match and both be a V