: Bottom line on 2014 CTS

hulksdaddy
03-30-13, 10:31 AM
After looking at all the real pics coming from the auto show(not the CG pics Cadillac released) I have to say, while it's a perfectly nice car, it's just too tame. Boring even. The nose/roof has some dynamic qualities, but the rest is old man Caddy IMO. There's no sporty muscle to it. It looks large, with narrow hips and a droopy ass.

A V version would need to flare out the hindquarters and fenders, get a plastic surgeon to give it a butt lift, and overall start it cycling on 'roids to make it look more like the ATS's Big Brother, and less like the XTS's Little Brother.

IMO, of course, and YMMV.

1997BlackETC
03-30-13, 02:53 PM
I don't think they designed the car to be a sports car, more of a car to appeal to the low end luxury car buyer, they may end up coming out with a super sporty car in the future that meets the needs of the sports car buyer, Caddy has done that a lot in the past, the Allante, XLR, Cimmeron :)

hulksdaddy
03-30-13, 03:04 PM
I don't think they designed the car to be a sports car, more of a car to appeal to the low end luxury car buyer, they may end up coming out with a super sporty car in the future that meets the needs of the sports car buyer, Caddy has done that a lot in the past, the Allante, XLR, Cimmeron :)

How'd that work out for them? :lol:

The V2 CTS appealed to the low-end luxo market, but gave them some sportiness as well, and it worked. Guess time will tell on this one.

Jinx
04-01-13, 11:25 AM
What if...

...instead of making a wagon variant, they make a four-door-coupe variant? In other words, a completely different and more athletic skin on the same chassis.

We know Cadillac isn't ready to chase Mercedes and BMW and Audi into every last little niche, but if I had to pick just one variant, that's the one I'd build. In fact, make it a five-door hatch.

.Jinx

RaVeNous
04-01-13, 05:44 PM
I don't think they are trying to appeal to the low end luxury market at all. This new CTS is not going to be cheap. The question is can it compete in the $60,000 plus range which is what I think they are going to shoot for looking at the design and available features.

What I do question is how they are going to reduce the weight 300lbs without utilizing expensive engineering and materials, to maintain the ride quality and sound dampening.

I am predicting this car to start just under 60k, and reach just over $70k fully loaded with AWD. I believe a 'V' variant will approach $80k when all is said and done. I don't consider that the lower end of the luxury market.

1997BlackETC
04-02-13, 12:24 AM
I don't think they are trying to appeal to the low end luxury market at all. This new CTS is not going to be cheap. The question is can it compete in the $60,000 plus range which is what I think they are going to shoot for looking at the design and available features.

What I do question is how they are going to reduce the weight 300lbs without utilizing expensive engineering and materials, to maintain the ride quality and sound dampening.

I am predicting this car to start just under 60k, and reach just over $70k fully loaded with AWD. I believe a 'V' variant will approach $80k when all is said and done. I don't consider that the lower end of the luxury market.

Are you kidding? No way is the car going to be that much, it's just the regular CTS, right now they are in what the mid to high 30's out the door? I can't see the car being much more than in the 40's, maybe the Vsport in the 50's.

RaVeNous
04-02-13, 01:09 AM
Look at the price of a fully loaded ATS - the CTS will be more. Do the math.

ATS - over $50,000
XTS- over $60,000
CTS - not cheaper than either of these two.

Jinx
04-02-13, 03:48 AM
Second-gen CTS goes from $39K to almost $60K, without the -V.
I expect the larger third-gen car to be $3K higher to start and the loaded Vsport to nuzzle $70K. The -V will be $75K-$82K.

JimmyH
04-02-13, 08:14 PM
Front fascia--team A
Rear fascia--team B

Fight!!

thebigjimsho
04-03-13, 05:32 PM
Are you kidding? No way is the car going to be that much, it's just the regular CTS, right now they are in what the mid to high 30's out the door? I can't see the car being much more than in the 40's, maybe the Vsport in the 50's.

Nope. You're wrong. Cadillac has been upping the quality and price for each CTS. The ATS is very close to 3 series in pricing. The CTS will be very close to the 5 series as well. Bank on it...

1997BlackETC
04-03-13, 10:19 PM
I feel there is not going to be much of a price change with the 2014 over the 2013 as Caddy is going to want to draw in new customers.

RaVeNous
04-03-13, 10:24 PM
I feel there is not going to be much of a price change with the 2014 over the 2013 as Caddy is going to want to draw in new customers.

You cray cray. Look at current loaded up ATS...