: Tims Location? Cooling question

youknooow
03-30-13, 10:14 AM
Tim where are you located ? Does your cooling product allow repeated runs without performance deterioration ?

TimmyC
03-30-13, 10:46 PM
I'm a half hour south of Grand Rapids, MI.

My heat exchanger will decrease recovery times compared to stock. Ambient temps and the time between runs are going to be factors no matter what the cooling system. I'd say if you couldn't do repeated runs you could get close. What type of runs are you planning on doing?

youknooow
03-31-13, 06:32 PM
I'm a half hour south of Grand Rapids, MI.

My heat exchanger will decrease recovery times compared to stock. Ambient temps and the time between runs are going to be factors no matter what the cooling system. I'd say if you couldn't do repeated runs you could get close. What type of runs are you planning on doing?

I just noticed a distinct difference in performance in the winter vs the summer, with the winter being better. I have always read these cars are very heat soak prone so I am looking to address this issue.

TimmyC
03-31-13, 06:36 PM
Well this will definitely help. You're never going to get the air temps down to what they would be in winter of course.

GizmoQ
03-31-13, 10:45 PM
My heat exchanger will decrease recovery times compared to stock. Ambient temps and the time between runs are going to be factors no matter what the cooling system. I'd say if you couldn't do repeated runs you could get close.

No Comment....

Fierofiend
04-01-13, 08:07 AM
^I thought about that too, but there are no STS-Vs yet.. :)

rbzstsv
04-01-13, 08:20 AM
Buy it! You will not be disappointed. Just based on stock size vs Tims exchanger is a vast size difference. Single core instead of three ( correct me if I'm wrong). I don't track my V but I've noticed a huge difference after 3 wot pulls. Yes still a bit heat soaked but nothing like stock. Not to mention u cant beat the looks. Had more people comment on car in last month than three years prior.

PGA2B
04-01-13, 11:19 AM
The combination of an upgraded pump, replacement for stock exchanger, and adding a front mount made a huge difference for me. I recently did 3 back to back WOT runs with no true cool down and did not loose any performance and ambient temp was 87*.

Well worth the money!

boomys10
04-01-13, 11:27 AM
i will be picking up a pump very shortly and guess ill be getting a timc heat xchanger as well. especially with summer coming on quickly up here. ran a few back to back and had the coolant explode out of the overflow tank. opps..

youknooow
04-02-13, 07:31 AM
The combination of an upgraded pump, replacement for stock exchanger, and adding a front mount made a huge difference for me. I recently did 3 back to back WOT runs with no true cool down and did not loose any performance and ambient temp was 87*.

Well worth the money!

Is your description of TimmyC's product or in addition to?

----------

Well this will definitely help. You're never going to get the air temps down to what they would be in winter of course.

I live in GA, do you have any recommendations where I could this installed?

TimmyC
04-02-13, 07:13 PM
Is your description of TimmyC's product or in addition to?

----------

I live in GA, do you have any recommendations where I could this installed?

You can easily install this yourself. Getting the bumper cover off is the hardest part and even that doesn't take long. I think there are some threads on here about removing that.