: Confession Bear Time

Nimoch
03-30-13, 09:57 AM

Okay, so after lurking on the forums and reading a dozen pages of old threads, I have came to a Wayne & Garth conclusion: "I'm not worthy!" I am by no stretch of the imagination a "car guy" or "gearhead," and only realized what an amazing machine this is after reading up on it after test-driving it with the previous owner, who was also fairly ignorant about the V. After three weeks of ownership and half a dozen instances of walking back to my car to find older men standing in front of it and making "Dat V!" faces, I've realized I know very little about this car other than its GM Service history, Carfax history, and what I've learned here. I'm very glad to have joined this online community and will continue to post and make good use of the "Search this forum" button. :)

BTW the last guy had his children standing around my car while he proclaimed, "Kids, THIS is a beautiful machine!"

PGA2B
03-30-13, 10:28 AM
I have found Google to be a much more useful search by starting your search with cadillacowners and then whatever you are searching for.

RippyPartsDept
03-30-13, 10:43 AM
:welcome:
:wave:

congratulations!

----------

I have found Google to be a much more useful search by starting your search with cadillacowners and then whatever you are searching for.

i created a custom search to add to your browser so you can easily search this site with google without having to manually type the site:cadillacforums.com to your google search each time
in firefox and IE for instance it will give you a CadillacForums search to choose from in your search box right next to google, amazon, and wikipedia etc
in chrome it's a bit different but actually easier... read through the following threads for more info on searching and how to use my custom cadillac forums search

a thread for beginners to read through
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/217095-how-search-quickly-efficiently.html

the thread that gave me the idea to make the custom search (last few posts is where to good stuff is at)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/211843-moderators-supporters-question-you.html

a more recent thread where i revisit the idea and talk a bit about how chrome has changed in the time since and how you can just make one for yourself really quickly if you use chrome
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillacforums-help-desk/267478-using-search-forum-only-shows-recent.html

let me know if you've got any questions
i know it can be a bit confusing but once you get the hang of it you will be armed with a really good tool for finding stuff

carter's_sts
03-30-13, 01:01 PM
Congrats on your beautiful machine.

BTW the last guy had his children standing around my car while he proclaimed, "Kids, THIS is a beautiful machine!"

Nimoch
03-30-13, 01:47 PM
Thanks so much Chris! I will set up a Chrome search bar and go from there. Awesome custom search!

----------

Thanks Carter! He very delicately opened his doors, shooed his children in the van, and stared at me shaking his head while they backed up and drove away.

carter's_sts
03-30-13, 01:57 PM
No doubt he had car envy while getting in his van. Sounds like he needs a toy for daddy.