: How to turn off CUE music? at start up

handymantoo
03-30-13, 09:50 AM
When I turn on my XTS; CUE starts and makes noise of some sort. Is it music? How do I turn it off?

RippyPartsDept
03-30-13, 10:53 AM
radio settings, then all the way to the bottom of the list should be cue sound or something mentioning cue
that gives you a volume slider that you can adjust the intro sound with

handymantoo
03-30-13, 07:53 PM
Thanks,

radio settings, then all the way to the bottom of the list should be cue sound or something mentioning cue
that gives you a volume slider that you can adjust the intro sound with

flycaster
04-05-13, 06:15 PM
When I initially configured CUE and tried to set the initial sound down, the slider only indicated 21 and wouldn't go lower, but the scale says one can go from 0-80 (don't quite remember the upper figure). A problem, a bug,...?

EDIT:
Spoke with CUE today and they said that after the CUE update, the initial CUE opening sound could not be made any lower...Bummer!

Teaberry
10-24-16, 03:29 PM
Any update on this? Mine seems to be stuck at max volume when I lock the car and it's REALLY loud. Thanks.

buzz
10-28-16, 10:21 PM
Mine is set as low as possible, but it still seems too loud. Annoying at first, but I am learning to tolerate it...

ccclarke
10-31-16, 02:19 PM
Mine doesn't make a peep. The CUE Intro sound was deleted several years ago with a software update.

Initial infotainment volume is CUE-adjustable (another software update when it would change volume on its own.)

CC

buzz
11-26-16, 08:02 PM
Okay, had the car to the dealer for some other issues last month, and during the visit they installed the latest CUE software upgrade (it was 4 versions behind). Didn't notice at fist, but now the CUE system is silent at startup. Am I disappointed? Well, after owning the car for some time, and getting used to the startup tune, now I kinda miss it, and might just need to turn it back on, at a lower sound level of course...

jghiller
04-18-17, 06:15 AM
How does one confirm the current level for CUE for their model and MY and get updates installed? Every time I ask service dept about this they usually say there is no update for my car. It would be nice to have a software identifier to check against once you know what the level should be. Dealers seem reluctant to do updates unless something is broken. Had that experience getting the HMI component updated. I found out mine was quite out of date.

KRDCAD
04-18-17, 10:19 AM
I'm having the same problem with my dealer. I keep getting told there are no updates available. How can I get them to do the update to my HMI?

jghiller
04-21-17, 05:19 AM
I got them to update my HMI in my CTS because I wasnt hearing sound from all speakers when using BT and my smartphone. As it turned out, I somehow altered the sound balance setting in Settings. But I got the update to the HMI done. Guess you need to think something up that needs fixing.