: New brakes and rotors.

98Catera_2010
03-30-13, 09:49 AM
Hey fellow owners. Hows everyone today? I recently bought new brakes & rotors. Brakes are Bendix global pads all around. Rotors are ATE PremiumOne Disc Brake Rotor. http://m1290.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Chad_Pelley/Resampled_2013-03-30_08-41-42_375_zpsc044d8ba.jpg.html?o=14
Just looking for options and comments on my choices.

----------

Opinions**

----------

I also have a new front set of raybestos from last time I saw them on sale ,I picked one up.

kaustein
03-30-13, 10:31 AM
If they are cheap Chinese made crap, they will warp an not last. Been there and done that before.

98Catera_2010
03-30-13, 01:12 PM
I have heard and read that its a German product. So shouldn't be an issue there. The thing I'm concerned about is the economy bendix brakes I have to go with these rotors. Was told they might chew up the rotor? Does that sound right to anyone?

MoistCabbage
03-30-13, 03:10 PM
"Chew up the rotor"? No, but they. Probably won't be anything special. May dust, be noisy...

Rotors are made of cast iron, they DO NOT warp.

retho78
03-30-13, 05:02 PM
get the ceramic pads, less dust and last longer.

Submariner409
03-30-13, 05:36 PM
For brake homework, go through the pages and links in www.ebcbrakes.com

The StopTech website - pad and rotor discussions - is currently down.

Brake rotors are machined from cast iron for good reason. Study.

kaustein
03-30-13, 06:55 PM
However, badly 'warped' rotors frequently repeat their vibrating in a short period of time, and are then completely replaced to eliminate the problem for good.

Well, the truth is, brake rotors do not warp at all, and a simple recommendation can save you a lot of money at your next brake services and the future ones to follow.

According to this magnificent article from StopTech, the cause of brake vibrations or shimmies is the result of uneven transfer of brake pad

I stand corrected. The my cheap Chinese ones weren't true to flat. Had to replace them in about 10K

JohnJJO
03-30-13, 10:51 PM
i installed brand new u rotors and brakes.
rotors are slotted, drilled and zinc plated by R1Concents
Brakes are ceramic from Power Stop
i was replacing my bad sway bar link today and decided to take a look on pads. i got upset after what i saw on pads that been on for about 600 miles
i dont know if my rotors did all this with pads?.....
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0YkiaoyP1Zc/UVeuDRYUQ-I/AAAAAAAAACU/z105OcjkbvY/s501/IMAG0393.jpg

my semi metallic from RAYBESTOS that i had for over 2 years looked even batter and still had over 80% left, i will call to rockauto and see if they can do replacement for me for RAYBESTOS ceramic ones. i paid for Power Stop like $40
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-3qNi7oyMF4c/UVFZW5WaN1I/AAAAAAAAABc/z0yvt_zjpMc/s838/IMAG0382.jpg

98Catera_2010
03-30-13, 11:10 PM
The pics you posted can't be viewed. Has little blue question mark. Would like to see what they looked like

JohnJJO
03-31-13, 12:35 AM
The pics you posted can't be viewed. Has little blue question mark. Would like to see what they looked like

i got it, i link them from wrong storage.

98Catera_2010
03-31-13, 09:10 AM
Thanks. So those pads were brand new 600 miles ago, that's weird how they got like that. That's a shame. That's why I was hesitant about getting ceramic. Have some friends that have had back luck with them including you it looks like.

JohnJJO
03-31-13, 09:26 AM
they are ceramic !!!! with Duralast C-Max from Autozone i never had problems, i should to get them, + they have lifetime warranty, witch means when they run out u just take them back for free replacement