: Will a Water/Methenol Injection system work on my car?

qictrk
03-30-13, 04:03 AM
I already have about 550rwhp and I wonder if I add an injection system to what I have, is it going to give me more power? Also, will I have to retune? What are the negatives on
a system? Appreciate any thoughts on this. Cecil............

V locity
03-30-13, 05:05 AM
I have the Alky system on mine & yes you will get extra power from it, and yes you will absolutely need a retune.

BTW, you want 100% meth & not the mix... The system I got is custom to our car & uses the windshield wiper reservoir to hold the meth. That will probably last over a month... I fill a 5 gal jug, maybe every 3-4 months.

qictrk
03-30-13, 02:51 PM
I have the Alky system on mine & yes you will get extra power from it, and yes you will absolutely need a retune.

BTW, you want 100% meth & not the mix... The system I got is custom to our car & uses the windshield wiper reservoir to hold the meth. That will probably last over a month... I fill a 5 gal jug, maybe every 3-4 months.
What is the name of the company you are using and do you have an idea of how much extra hp and tq it will give? Cecil..........

V locity
03-30-13, 03:37 PM
What is the name of the company you are using and do you have an idea of how much extra hp and tq it will give? Cecil..........

"Alky Control" is the name. I picked up 25 rwhp pre boost injection. I'll be converting over to a mix with post boost & expect more power (say another 10-20) from the same system

Gary Wells
03-30-13, 10:15 PM
Julio Don is the man and his kit is found on about 80% or so of the turbo Buicks that use a meth system.

qictrk
03-30-13, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys, I will look into both of them. What I hate is that I will have to spend the money to retune...........again. Cecil...............

dkozloski
03-30-13, 11:34 PM
The purpose of water/alcohol injection with a supercharged engine is to cool the intake mixture so you can pull more boost without detonation. The only reason alcohol was used in the injection fluid in WWII aircraft was to keep it from freezing at high altitudes. Water alone produces better cooling because it has a higher latent heat of vaporization than alcohol.

V locity
03-30-13, 11:41 PM
Thanks guys, I will look into both of them. What I hate is that I will have to spend the money to retune...........again. Cecil...............

Julio Don is ALKY... :) good guy!

BlownV
04-26-13, 01:09 PM
I would not run 100% meth unless you are at the track. That is only my opinion but 100% meth is very flammable so if you have a minor leak in the vehicle then you risk burning it to the groud. Snow and alky recommend 25% water to dilute it down and eliminate any risk of fires.

dkozloski
04-26-13, 01:14 PM
Alcohol fires are particularly dangerous because the flames are invisible. if you see a pit crew member slapping himself on the chest he is signaling to everyone, I am on fire.

V locity
04-27-13, 09:01 PM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing too. But then I thought gasoline or E85 is very flammable too... The reason I went with 100% meth was to avoid the potential of corrosion

Naf
04-28-13, 01:30 AM
I wouldnt use the Meth injection as a power adder. the main problem is when your supply runs out what is goin to stop the engine from excessive timing. and you will be leaner as well.

Use meth to cool the air and give you more natural timing and thus more power, so if your supply runs out you are not sacrificing your engine...

Log your IAT and see if it goes over 30c. If it does then you can add in meth and have it where it brings your IAT to 20c-25c. This way you are running in your sweet spot making the most power comfortably...