: 2002 escalade dash light and seat problems

Gambler
03-30-13, 02:18 AM
My 2002 escalade had a bunch of lights come on in the dash like the airbag, seatbelt, battery light and the service ride control came on. also the fuel gauge is not working, and driver side only power seat is not working. when i put the truck in gear the doors do not lock. I have no ideas what to do, i checked the fuses and pulled the battery cable but no luck. anybody have any ideas? thanks.

the cadillac man
03-30-13, 02:36 AM
My 2002 escalade had a bunch of lights come on in the dash like the airbag, seatbelt, battery light and the service ride control came on. also the fuel gauge is not working, and driver side only power seat is not working. when i put the truck in gear the doors do not lock. I have no ideas what to do, i checked the fuses and pulled the battery cable but no luck. anybody have any ideas? thanks.

It sounds like the bcm given what is acting up as the items you listed is tinned off the bcm
Is the radio working?(not sure if the data feed powers it up when the key is on or not

First I would check the connections at the bcm(located behind the drivers side knee bolster) if they are clean and tight then the bcm is the culprit
To be sure though the bcm works
Lights both interior and exterior
Door locks
Seats(and memory settings)
Wipers (front and rear)
Rear defroster
Gauges
Alarm
Windows
Auto headlight control
Fog lights

If more then one thing in this list is acting up at the same time then the bcm is at fault(I know this as my previous car had bcm issues and a few things in the list would act up not fun to have your headlight turn off on you at night doing 60)

Gambler
03-30-13, 02:44 AM
the radio works and passenger side power seat works. how can i check the bcm?

the cadillac man
03-30-13, 01:25 PM
the radio works and passenger side power seat works. how can i check the bcm?

What else works test everything so we can try to rule out the bcm
That includes seat warmers wipers rear defrost
If those work then the bcm is good

Gambler
03-30-13, 03:58 PM
seat warmers and wipers work. the cruise control is not working.

the cadillac man
03-30-13, 07:07 PM
seat warmers and wipers work. the cruise control is not working.

There is a fuse in the fuse box for the cruise control most likely the fuse is blown
I would check the fuses on the seat if there isn't a blown fuse there is a module under the front seats

Gambler
03-30-13, 08:08 PM
I've checked all the fuses and their all good. i have a full tank with low fuel light flashes then service air ride flashes then the battery light flashes and just keeps going

Gambler
03-30-13, 10:01 PM
heres a youtube link to my dash issues, http://youtu.be/AQm65YXIcrg

Gambler
04-04-13, 03:05 AM
now all the lights are back off and my power seat is working again. so I'm thinking it must be a short somewhere, but where?

the cadillac man
04-04-13, 12:34 PM
now all the lights are back off and my power seat is working again. so I'm thinking it must be a short somewhere, but where?

Trust me I had the same issue
The problems would go away sometimes for a few days other times it was weeks towards the end of the two years I had the car it got worse(headlights going off and on while driving at night, locks doing what they want(I walked out to the car one day to find the drivers door unlocked the next day the truck would be opened) the hvac system would go nutty
The rear defrost would not work as long as it should (timeout was 30 mins it would go off at 15 mins)
Gauges would act up at times(the worse part about that was the fuel the needle would go down the e then back up(each time the bcm would chime the door chime) it got so I was afraid to drive the car at night or on long trips because if this
The deciding point was when my neighbor clipped the side of the car while it was in the shop I went shopping for a different(I figured it would have got totaled it didn't thanks to the cash for clunkers raising the value of the car) so I didn't drive after I got back and let my dad trade it in on his hummer h2

Trust me get the truck checked out and soon before it gets worse I went through what you are now and it is NOT fun
Ps the car would also go through batteries like crazy due to it overcharging them over a perilous of time because of the module going crazy and draining the battery slowly