: Cadillac and Head Unit War!

SviLLe
01-08-05, 01:07 AM
for those who have dealt with the oem1 interface for bose systems...

i purchased an oem-1 for a 93 cadillac seville sts with bose. now the side that hooks up to the factory plugs that came out of the factory radio is kind of confusing. my factory radio has two plugs and the one coming from the oem-1 (the plug specifically for the car) has one big plug. it seems as if i am supposed to fit the two plugs into the one i was supplied with but if thats the case its not really a perfect fit. i was just wondering if you guys could give me some insight on this. i tried a few different combinations of flipping the 2 plugs switching them and so on but still no power. am i doing something wrong. hopefully you guys have delt with my vehicle before and the oem-1 because i just cannot figure it out. please help. i appreciate all input

if anything does anyone know how i can get a aftermarket stereo into a 93 cadillac sts with bose? i heard somewhere about wiring from the back in the trunk by the antenna? im lost!

SviLLe
01-08-05, 01:23 AM
ok maybe a better less complicated question is has anyone got a new headunit up and running in a 95 or older sts? if so how?

up2ng
01-08-05, 04:28 AM
That box you took out of your dash is just a slave. The radio is in the trunk, behind the rear seats actually. You need to run ALL of the wires to the front in order to get it to work.

D148L0
01-08-05, 05:21 PM
Yep.
It can be done, but it is not worth it, IMO.
Stick to bose or aftermarkef for the whole system.

SviLLe
01-08-05, 11:50 PM
so what wires in the back exatly? and will it plug directly into the wiring harness? if not....why is there an aftermarket wiring harness made for the cadillac if it does not work?

timothyr
01-17-05, 02:28 AM
I have yet to find the value of the dash harness....I ended up rerunning the all of the wires as the only ones I sould identify in the dash as a 12v constant, a ground, and the dimmer...antenna, switched power, and all speakers are in the rear.
Its a fun, but not too tough job