: Did I miss something or are we screwed?

EJGPharmMD
03-30-13, 12:23 AM
I just saw the '14 cts vsport....and it has 420 hp...was that a mistype...?

CJCTSV
03-30-13, 12:27 AM
V sport is basically a fully optioned car without the v8.

Not a mistype, a different trim level.

rekctsv
03-30-13, 12:28 AM
Apparently there's going to be a Vsport and a "regular" V I guess. Both will be badged as a V.
Dumb move I think that will serve to confuse more people.

nikejl
03-30-13, 12:40 AM
Just the Lexus has the F sport and a full IS-F

yaymitch
03-30-13, 12:51 AM
Lol, really!? What's so confusing? It's no different than Audi offering the S and the RS or the BMW IS (which has all the M badges) and the BMW M. it's just the mid-level of performance for the CTS which allows it to compete directly with the Germans.

Jinx
03-30-13, 12:53 AM
Except that the Vsport is a legitimate performance upgrade with a unique more powerful engine.

Think of it this way:
CTS => Audi A6
CTS Vsport => Audi S6
CTS-V => Audi RS6

Or think of it this way: if the second-gen CTS had a Vsport, it would have had the MR suspension and a 430hp LS3 and split the price difference between the 3.6 Premium and the CTS-V. Pretty sweet, right?

.Jinx

rekctsv
03-30-13, 01:49 AM
Lol, really!? What's so confusing? It's no different than Audi offering the S and the RS or the BMW IS (which has all the M badges) and the BMW M. it's just the mid-level of performance for the CTS which allows it to compete directly with the Germans.

Why the does everyone keep bringing up Audi? Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you purchase an A4, S4, or an RS4 right? And they are all badged as so. They dont all wear an S badge and you have to guess which one is the RS.

BMW? Their top of the line cars wear the M badge. Isn't there only one M5? I know they have one 5 series vehicle that has 400hp but that is the 550, it does not wear an M badge. It's not an Msport. And we will have the ATS-V to compete with the M3.

Lexus, who cares! They put a sport model for every car they have.

All I'm saying is this, I wish Cadillac would have called it a 3.6TT or 3.6 Sport or something. Leave the V series alone for
ATS-V, CTS-V, or maybe a XTS-V.
Maybe you dont understand my point of view because I'm a diehard V series fan. Been driving them since 2006 and I like having one clear V car, I can't help it. It looks like you just jumped on the bandwagon a month ago, maybe I'm wrong though.

IBMike
03-30-13, 01:59 AM
Unless they go with this badge for the 14/15 V series, it appears the vsport will have a different badge.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/quangty/2014-cadillac-cts_100423108_l_zpsfe8df722.jpg

MacBuster
03-30-13, 02:30 AM
All of the brands have been diluting/exploiting their performance division sub-brands. I'm assuming it is profitable.f

BMW and Audi do it well, as their top of the line are relatively easy to distinguish. You aren't confusing an A4 s-line with an RS-4 on the road.

EJGPharmMD
03-30-13, 02:45 AM
Any word on next gen v8? Will they be similar output of our cars?

Jinx
03-30-13, 04:14 AM
Visually, there's not a huge difference between the Audi S and RS, badges or cars.
I bet when you actually see a CTS Vsport and CTS-V side-by-side you won't have any trouble telling the difference.

USAFRET
03-30-13, 07:52 AM
Having only owned my 2011 A6 V coupe for a week and have only put 75 miles on my first tank in my normal split of rural/highway driving, I'm not getting a warm fuzzy on its fuel mileage. I'll get a better handle on it when I refuel it tomorrow, but the DIC is reading 11.7 MPG and I know it usually reads high. And I haven't romped/stormed and in fact our other car is a Volt so I'm an expert at hypermiling.

So unless the new full strength V can drastically increase it's fuel mileage, I can see a need for a V6 powered sport vehicle.

neuronbob
03-30-13, 08:00 AM
I think the susceptible will be confused.

Enthusiasts like us who know the diff between an A4/S4/RS4 or M-Sport/M or F-Sport/IS-F won't be.

I still fully expect that at least a couple of confused souls will claim they have a true V on the forum.....and the badge will be technically correct, though much ridicule will ensue (not from me, I'm just saying...)

Moparman4444
03-30-13, 08:09 AM
I share your confusion over the rebadging on the CTS cars. However, after seeing the 2014 prototype, it appears we don't have anything to worry about because nobody will be buying the newer and uglier CTSV. What a jaw droping blunder in style compared to the current CTSV coupe.

Trapspeed
03-30-13, 09:03 AM
This reminds me of the SRT-8 badge and then the SRT Design model.

Topless vette
03-30-13, 09:49 AM
Having only owned my 2011 A6 V coupe for a week and have only put 75 miles on my first tank in my normal split of rural/highway driving, I'm not getting a warm fuzzy on its fuel mileage. I'll get a better handle on it when I refuel it tomorrow, but the DIC is reading 11.7 MPG and I know it usually reads high. And I haven't romped/stormed and in fact our other car is a Volt so I'm an expert at hypermiling.

So unless the new full strength V can drastically increase it's fuel mileage, I can see a need for a V6 powered sport vehicle.

If you purchased a V for fuel mileage, you didn t do your homework. You better dump it and stick to the volt.

USAFRET
03-30-13, 10:15 AM
If you purchased a V for fuel mileage, you didn t do your homework. You better dump it and stick to the volt.

I just made an observation on why a lower HP V series might appeal to more people, guess I didn't make that very clear.

Topless vette
03-30-13, 10:55 AM
I just made an observation on why a lower HP V series might appeal to more people, guess I didn't make that very clear.

Am just being a dumbazz dont take it personally.
I know u did your research, but I have seen some on that are shocked by the fuel mileage.
It s all good pal

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-30-13, 10:58 AM
I've already read comments on other message boards, and the people already think this will be the new V. Unfortunately, the uninformed will continue to think that way. Do you think those with short attention spans are going to catch the difference between a CTS-V and a VSport?

shchow
03-30-13, 11:28 AM
Honestly, I really don't care whether people will be confused if its a V Sport or V.
I buy the car for the power plant and performance, and for the pleasure of driving it.
It wouldn't matter to me if it looked identical to the regular model version...

pat2t2f
03-30-13, 12:07 PM
I don't care much either but I think it should Say Vsport on it and have no flag.

mpouls1
03-30-13, 12:54 PM
This reminds me of the SRT-8 badge and then the SRT Design model.

Another reason that helped me trade in my CSRT8. That and all the debadged base model/touring with 20's and 22's with blacked out windows and stereos that can be heard a mile away. Too many drivers are clueless and I was embarrassed for the SRT8. With the affordability of the Vsport there will be more money to spend to 'pimp' their rides.

1997BlackETC
03-30-13, 03:38 PM
I share your confusion over the rebadging on the CTS cars. However, after seeing the 2014 prototype, it appears we don't have anything to worry about because nobody will be buying the newer and uglier CTSV. What a jaw droping blunder in style compared to the current CTSV coupe.

Has anybody even seen the newer CTS-V? I know we've all seen the Vsport, but not the CTS-V? Anybody got a picture to post of what the new CTS-V is suppose to look like if this has been posted?

neuronbob
03-30-13, 05:26 PM
The 3G CTS-V only exists as a test mule somewhere deep in the bowels of GM, or in rseceet road testing. We will find out soon enough what it looks like.....

It is typically released a year after release of the more plebeian CTS.

yaymitch
03-30-13, 05:46 PM
Why the does everyone keep bringing up Audi? Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you purchase an A4, S4, or an RS4 right? And they are all badged as so. They dont all wear an S badge and you have to guess which one is the RS.

BMW? Their top of the line cars wear the M badge. Isn't there only one M5? I know they have one 5 series vehicle that has 400hp but that is the 550, it does not wear an M badge. It's not an Msport. And we will have the ATS-V to compete with the M3.

Lexus, who cares! They put a sport model for every car they have.

All I'm saying is this, I wish Cadillac would have called it a 3.6TT or 3.6 Sport or something. Leave the V series alone for
ATS-V, CTS-V, or maybe a XTS-V.
Maybe you dont understand my point of view because I'm a diehard V series fan. Been driving them since 2006 and I like having one clear V car, I can't help it. It looks like you just jumped on the bandwagon a month ago, maybe I'm wrong though.

Hmm, I wouldn't say any V owner has any bandwagon to jump on, bandwagons are reserved for the more popular performance cars like the BMW's and Audi's. I chose a V because not every Tom, Dick and Harry has one. In fact, in a city of over 4 million people, I have only seen one V-Wagon besides mine. Anyway, go look at a 550i sport or a regular A6 and you can find M or S badges on the steering wheel, door sills, wheels, etc. Non-enthusiasts will often confuse these for true M or S series cars but we know better. Even Mercedes puts AMG badges on non-AMG cars.

Jinx
03-30-13, 07:00 PM
The 3G CTS-V only exists as a test mule somewhere deep in the bowels of GM, or in rseceet road testing. We will find out soon enough what it looks like.....

It is typically released a year after release of the more plebeian CTS.

That's not soon enough!

RGaret
03-30-13, 08:50 PM
Just saw the CTVSport at the NYIAS today. The "V" badge is different than the one we all have on the deck lid. Also, no badges on the doors and no chain mail grille. People who know about the "real" V will know the difference. Who cares about everyone else? What I want to know is, how much more will we have to pay for the privilege?

thebigjimsho
04-03-13, 05:11 PM
I think the susceptible will be confused.

Enthusiasts like us who know the diff between an A4/S4/RS4 or M-Sport/M or F-Sport/IS-F won't be.

I still fully expect that at least a couple of confused souls will claim they have a true V on the forum.....and the badge will be technically correct, though much ridicule will ensue (not from me, I'm just saying...)

I'll pick up the slack...

----------

A Vsport was able to be displayed because it is really no different than the base car, except for maybe wheels and engine. The V, like the V1 and V2 before it, were complete engineering feats that replaced many mundane pieces of base cars.

A V3 won't be seen until Detroit, next January, at the earliest...

USAFRET
04-03-13, 05:52 PM
Chevy did the same thing when they whored out the Z06 and made the GS.

Kluch
04-03-13, 11:32 PM

This!

Jinx
04-04-13, 06:05 AM

...and sold more cars.
And didn't make a single Z06 go any slower.